rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PROFESSEUR BARRITT'S FRENCH LESSON

Latest: SARACENS 29:10 LYON OU
Next: Saracens v Leicester Tigers Sat 27th Oct, 15.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers, Sat 27th Oct 15.00 BT Sport 3

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Questions for Fan Forum
Edward G (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 07:26
In order to make Wednesday evening's Fan Forum as useful as possible, I propose to start by providing an update on the two key issues, as reflected in these pages:

1. The home ground for 2009/10
2. The South African shareholding

Other questions can be asked on the evening, or submitted by text or e-mail (details to appear on www.saracens.com).

In addition, I will also be happy to address any issues raised here in this thread.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Edward

Re: Questions for Fan Forum
Roger G (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 08:15
Thanks Edward. I won't be able to get to the forum, or ask questions live online so here goes...

One of the things that must be clear from this board is that the emphasis on the South African connections of the current board makes some of us feel uncomfortable, and suspicious of the "vision" of the new owners. However it is also a no-brainer that the club needs to attract bigger crowds to be commercially viable.

Can you explain (or possibly refute) the widely, and maybe erroneously reported desire to find, specifically, South African exiles to support Sarries when there are many times more non South African potential fans?

Surely it makes more sense to build on the core support in and around North London where there are no other GP clubs competing for the same customers than to move lock stock and barrel elsewhere?

You might say that this has been tried and failed but, as has been noted elsewhere, Saracens marketting in North London & Hertfordshire appears to be fragmented and inconsistent.

Rupes (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 10:08
a petty one (yes, even pettier than "why do the team not come out to wave at the fans, throwing apes, ivory and peacocks into the crowd to thank them for their unwavering support?").

Why, when it is proclaimed as a "ticket hotline", does no-one ever answer the phone? It's a message every time, plus a call back eventually. Thank God we don't sell many tickets, the poor staff in the ticket office would never manage the volume of callbacks required!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 10:59
Edward,
I can't be there as I will be travelling on business. However, If we change grounds/ locations what will happen to the following.

1, The fantastic training set up we have established at the University which some players have described as International standard facilities. The cost of setting up another one I would imagine to be very expensive.

2, The community program which goes from strength to strength spreading the word about the benefits of fitness, sport and Saracens around the Watford area.

Will we maintain any presence in our "heartlands of North London" if we move to South?

T (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 13:46
I'd like to know when we are going to begin acting like a club and put down roots in a comunnity to build fanbase over generation of support rather than acting like a franchise and chasing a casual supporter who might or might not attend depending on the weather?

JO'G (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 14:18
your point 2. is not limited to Watford - if anything the club puts in more effort in East Herts

FatGaz (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 15:58
Edward G

Have you EVER honestly heard the team name 'THE LONDON VIPERS' associated with Saracens?

Kelvin (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 16:36
I am hoping for a very honest and grown up debate on Wednesday evening. With both the "top table" and the audience giving each other time to listen and digest decisions and views.

Yes, I am sad Eddie is leaving. He gave a great sense of optimism to the supporters and the players, which in turn, I believe,would have generated larger support.
Yes, I will also be sad if Saracens move to Fulham for the wholly selfish reason, I will be unable to attend.

But, is Saracens attendance really THAT bad? And are there enough OTHER people within our catchment area to come to the match and boost the crowds.

In a moment of essential need for distraction - after I discovered my lawn mower had been stolen - I looked at a few facts and figures.. which, you may informative or interesting.

I wanted to contrast Saracens attendance with its nearest rivals (in the league of attendance). Also compare the population from each of those towns and cities - and Fulham. Plus, note the pulling power of Watford FC and Fulham FC.

Attendance
Since the creation of Guinness Premiership

Leicester Tigers 1,983,713
Gloucester Rugby 1,337,673
Northampton Saints 1,190,059
Saracens 1,163,147
Bath Rugby 1,135,932
London Irish 1,121,519
London Wasps 976,226
Harlequins 933,686

2008 / 2009

London Irish 112,830
Gloucester Rugby 110,961
Harlequins 107,783
Saracens 104,192
Leicester Tigers 103,719
Northampton Saints 92,762

Source: guinnesspremiership.com

Population:

Watford
The Watford urban area, which includes Three Rivers, had a total population of 120,960.

Leicester
The population of the city proper was estimated at 285,100, with 441,213 living in the wider Leicester Urban Area.

Northampton
The district's population is 200,100

Gloucester
The population of the whole "Gloucester Urban Area" is 136,203.

Fulham
Figures for "Hammersmith and Fulham". 165,242.

Source: 2001 census.

Football Attendance:

Watford FC Average
2008-2009: 14,468
2007-2008: 16,876 (Championship League)
2006-2007: 18,750 (Premier League)

Fulham FC Average:
2008-2009: 23,774 (Premier League)
2006-2007: 22,279 (Premier League)
2005-2006: 20,606 (Premier League)

Source: footballgroundguide.com

Rupes (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 16:51
Regardless of the figures, the real issue here is how much Saracens the club loses in hard cash per annum. Without knowing, I'd suggest it's a fair bit - hence the desire of the investors to examine whether or not Saracens can remain in Watford.

I echo the call for honest and mature debate, I would hope that people are rational enough to listen to both points of view and to try and understand what the other is trying to achieve.

Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 17:55
As part of the consideration as to where Saracens should be based, I think it would be helpful to understand the relationship between Sarries and Watford FC, for example:

- what is the contractual position?
- how long does it still have to run?
- what's the situation regarding development of the ground, particularly given WFC's financial position and the possibility of their relegation?

Also, what are the RFU/Premiership rules about clubs moving grounds?

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 18:14
Quote:
jeremy ogorman
your point 2. is not limited to Watford - if anything the club puts in more effort in East Herts

And on the same theme my daughter's school, which is near Petworth in West Sussex, has links with Sarries. Mr Cato is also from one of the schools in that area.

Mac L (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 19:44
I would like to ask whether there are any plans to present a better environment at the game? ie purpose built shop we can use rather than the current situation better refreshments ie hot drinks being hot and tasting like name suggests such as coffee or chocolate?

As above, is a move out of Herts really needed or wise?

16 February, 2009 20:20
Quote:
jeremy ogorman

And Essex! Its not all about Luton, Milton Keynes, St Albans and Watford ya know!

Honestly! Sometimes I wonder if anyone realises how awesome the likes of Bishops Stortford and Harlow Rams are in their support of Saracens.

EDIT: My question would be how can Saracens build on their links to local clubs like Bishops Stortford to promote the club throughout Herts AND Essex..?

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4409/bestintheworld.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2009 20:21 by Prestwick.

MGB (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 20:58
My remaining question, which has been articulated by several people on different threads is this:

Is the Saracens new business plan based on the premise that there are (quote from Edward's article) '750,000 rugby mad South Africans living in London'? Does he not agree that a] ONS statistics tell us that the number of South Africans living in London is very much lower than that and b] the notion of all South Africans in London being rugby-mad is just as fallacious as that of all English rugby supporters being people who wear tweed coats and drink whisky from hip flasks? Therefore, doesn't the new regime run the risk of losing its core supporters without any real chance of increasing total support by persuing this strategy?

JO'G (IP Logged)
16 February, 2009 22:56
Prestwick - I actually coach the U16s at Saffron Walden

This sunday, we have another visit from 2 Sarries lads for a coaching session - the second time this year; last time we had Saull and Powell for a wednesday evening

Kat. (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 08:47
3. What are the on field ambitions to the club? After carelessly misplacing a world class coach, whose appointment has been planned for several years, where will Venter take us, and is he good enough to meet the clubs ambitions? Will he be wanting to bring a whole new coaching set-up or work with those already in place? Will he be committed to continuing the excellent work of the academy in developing young English talent or will he be a puppet and a ‘Yes’ man for the South African investors and allow their strategy to attract new crowds influence team selection?

I have re-jigged my teaching schedule so I will be there tomorrow night and I suspect Edward will have to face a list of questions that make ‘War and Peace’ look like a bit of light reading. At the moment he really has to convince me he is not the head of a head-less chicken.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 08:48
Apologies on my point 2....It should have said in the surrounding counties. I stand corrected.

Keith (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 12:30
Never mind Watford, Essex, etc, what about Southgate???

Driving past Bramley Road on my way home for lunch yesterday, there was clearly something going on as there were banners up on the road (Health and safety? Pah.) about the Academy. There also seem to be regular mini rugby and amateur rugby games still going on there (I know because the b*ggers always clog the roads up with their insane parking. NIMBY, thank you very much, etc).

If the club does decide to move, to Fulham or anywhere else, will it sever all links with Southgate and the amateur club?

As much as this point does not affect me personally, I think it's an important one bearing in mind the long and (in)glorious history of the club.

The Bard (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 13:27
A bit off the main subject, but my questions will be:

1. The proposed extra league games- a lot of supporters will be struggling to pay the exisiting amount for next season, never mind an INCREASED amount if the idea is that more games=more expensive season tickets. I fear the idea could have precisely the opposite effect. What ideas does the club have to make season tickets CHEAPER (as some footie teams are doing)?

2. Why is everyone so anti the EDF cup? Surely the fact that it is money from a DIFFERENT sponsor must make it essential to retain, and ought to be more appealing to fans as there is a chance to see DIFFERENT teams, and it is another avenue of hope for getting into Europe. Add on the fact that the double-header semis and the final must be big money spinners, it can only make sense to retain it?

3. How do we propose to motivate the squad if players are being bought in on lucrative short-term contracts? i can see some box-office appeal, but surely a successful rugby team is founded on the basis of a team-spirit forged over a whole season?

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 13:45
I share many of the concerns raised by others - of course supporters of any club (not jsut in Rugby) won't always have precisely the same objectives as those putting up the money; but since in the long term the investors in the club need bums on seats at matches, supporters who will buy club replica kit, and fans who will watch televised games in droves (preferably from the right income groups) to encourage TV rights etc, one would like to think that the owners of Sarries would be evaluating in a reasonably hard nosed way whether they will get more and better supporters if Sarries remains in or near Watford compared to moving to the rugby-mad Fulham (or wherever). In doing that, I would hope to hear from EG that they recognise that the passion of existing fans (which means we stay as supporters even when results are not good) will take a long time to replace with newcomers (who are likely to be much quicker to decide they have more entertaining things to do on a Saturday/Sunday if Sarries don't win every game).
So I guess my main question is 'before the owners take any irreversible decision to move into central London, or to any other stadium, can they reassure us existing fans that the move has been properly analysed on robust statistics'; since I for one will be a much more occasional fan if I have to get into central London for a game

McSaracens (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 15:11
My question is:

Why does the club seem to have an urge to change their coach every year? Surely if we take Harlequins for example Dean Richards has started to build them into a winning team. If Saracens are so insistant on swapping the man in charge eery year they will never win anything major.

I know what will happen, i'll get the answer, "well Eddie had to go for family reasosn and Brendan will build". Venter may very well be on a 3 or 4 year deal, but how do I know he will stay for that long?

What's the betting that next season we see Brendan Venter leaving Saracens? Very high is past experiance is anything to go by.

Dai C. (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 17:15
My questions are:

Do you still count all the season ticket holders as present in a home tie? The reason for this question is that the sth stand does not seem twice as full as last season even with the 1 for 1 season ticket promotion. How many paying season ticket holders are there?

With your reasoning regarding the large untapped Sth. African fan base, have you considered targeting the large Welsh rugby mad contingent that live in the area, especially now considering their current successes.(Sm61)

What is your predicted increase in support in years 1, to lets say 5? and, how much of this projected increase is based on the teams' performance on the park?

Now that you have crunched all the numbers, which is what we are considered to be, how many current season ticket holders do you expect to lose if and when the decision is made to move from the Watford area?

Thank You.

Graeme D (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 21:20
Quote:
Keith
Never mind Watford, Essex, etc, what about Southgate???
Driving past Bramley Road on my way home for lunch yesterday, there was clearly something going on as there were banners up on the road (Health and safety? Pah.) about the Academy. There also seem to be regular mini rugby and amateur rugby games still going on there (I know because the b*ggers always clog the roads up with their insane parking. NIMBY, thank you very much, etc).

If the club does decide to move, to Fulham or anywhere else, will it sever all links with Southgate and the amateur club?

As much as this point does not affect me personally, I think it's an important one bearing in mind the long and (in)glorious history of the club.

The amateurs are still operating successfully, especially at the mini/ Junior level - we are taking away over 120 players for the Easter tour this year from the U7's to U 12's and have twice that number regularly playing on a Sunday morning. The 13's to 18's can normally put out two sides per age group and the seniors are running 2/3 sides. In addition to that we have the best Ladies team in the UK !

Whilst the name still remains the same ie "Saracens" there will still be a link to the "professional club" as Saracens RFC (the amateurs) own the one share that has control over the use of the name.

Graeme

Graeme D (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 21:26
Quote:
Rupes
Regardless of the figures, the real issue here is how much Saracens the club loses in hard cash per annum. Without knowing, I'd suggest it's a fair bit - hence the desire of the investors to examine whether or not Saracens can remain in Watford.

13 Months to June 2006 £1.72m loss
Year to June 2007 £1.95m loss

Accumulated losses since incorporation £13.994m plus year to 30 June 2008.

Looking at these figures we need to raise at least£ 2m more pa and that was before the salary cap went up so assuming 15 home games pa £140,000 per game - average ticket £20 ? 7000 more supporters per match.

Are my figures accurate Edward ?

Graeme

Jon Woolven (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 23:02
Kelvin - the Saracens catchment area obviously extends far beyond Watford. This is one of the most densely populated parts of the country and there are more potential supporters in reasonable travelling distance of Vicarage Road than almost every other club.

Enough home supporters to fill the ground several times over have come and gone through the years. Many, like me, have discovered less frustrating ways to spend our leisure time after the umpteenth coaching change and disappointing season. A strategy to woo us back through a period of stability and consistent performances would be far more likely to succeed than a relocation plan but sadly some people (and clubs) never learn from their mistakes.

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
17 February, 2009 23:43
Where is the reported £10m SAIL investment going to be invested?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2009 23:47 by large.

Rich T (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 01:15
I totally agree with Jon. There is nothing wrong with the catchment area, got rugby in schools, as good transport links as anywhere on a Sunday. Problem has been in the restlessness of management, the inability to create a settled team with a settled coach. We've suffered from the English disease of appointing "the man" rather than a professional coach, with the inevitable result of underachievement. And with money for leisure hard pressed crowds of potential supporters have drifted away. Sarrie's management have mismanaged their opportunity to create a viable pro rugby club in south west herts.
I don't think Saracens should ever be seen as a product to be changed to fit market forces, but that is exactly what is happening now. Who wants to support S.A.rries, where the target crowd are the bokkes, and middleaged men in a fezz are an anochronism?

colinmiddx (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 05:21
I hope to be at VR tonight but juct in case a couple of questions I have are

1.With your plans for Saracens in an ideal world what will the squad be in 2 to 5 years time.

2. Are there plans to recipracate with the Stormers this summer, will they be coming over for a pre season game and team building with Sarries. If there are so many rugby made SA this would give everyone an idea of the potential crowd Sarries could expect if more SA players gave over for 10 games.
However where would we play I don't think OA could accomadate 7500 supporters.

Look forward to seeing you tonight.

CB1959 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 08:58
Edward.

Perhaps as a gauge, you could find out at the meeting how many of the attendees are season ticket holders. My guess is a very high %age, the core supporter.

Then ask how many of them would renew their season tickets if the club moved to Fulham or East London. I think you would be suprised by the result.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 09:00
Creeth, Dont you call me an anochronism!!!

Fez wearing middle aged men have NOTHING[u][/u] to do with the clubs position.

The issue as mentioned above is performance on the field.

Look at the Newcastle game December 2007.We filled VR with new and old fans alike. We had been playing well and the fans came, 17,000 if my recolection was right. We lost the game and less than half that number came back.

Look at the Pests & Leceister, they are popular because they win things and over time have built their reputation and therefore attract the floating supporters who want to go watch a local team win.

Its pretty basic really...consistently Winning = bigger crowds wherever you are based whatever the sport you play!

Do you think Manchester Utd would fill 75,000 seats for every game if they had 10 years of mediocrity?

We need consistent winning performance on the pitch, the fans are out there.

Rupes (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 09:07
Graeme, thanks for the figures, very interesting. So, to all those on here who are saying Watford is viable, how do those figures stack up as viable in the world of professional sport? In any business, you cannot continue to lose money. Professional sport (in this case rugby) is no different.

Look, I am not at all saying what is going on at Sarries is right, fair, or equitable. BUT I do understand the financial rationale for what the club (whoever the owners are) is looking to do.

Roger G (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 09:36
Quote:
Rupes
Graeme, thanks for the figures, very interesting. So, to all those on here who are saying Watford is viable, how do those figures stack up as viable in the world of professional sport? In any business, you cannot continue to lose money. Professional sport (in this case rugby) is no different.
Look, I am not at all saying what is going on at Sarries is right, fair, or equitable. BUT I do understand the financial rationale for what the club (whoever the owners are) is looking to do.

I don't think there's any disagreement about the clear need to make the club financially viable. However the notion that moving from our current locale to Fulham (or similar) would inevitably make the club more viable is a major assumption. Significant marketing would have to be done to support such a move. But if there's a case for significant marketing in order to move base, then why not try doing much more to attract new interest without moving.

For example, I live in Stevenage. I can be in the ground in just over an hour (no problems with motorway, Watford traffic or parking despite what WD says). There are several local clubs in North Herts, most of whom have some kind of affinity, if not association, with Sarries. Yet I have NEVER seen any kind of promotion of Sarries in this area (or any other club for that matter) outside of the local clubs. I'd be surprised if some kind of focussed campaign (e.g. several big adverts in the local press, possibly with discount vouchers attached) wouldn't bring in a good number of people for a one off, some of whom might then come more regularly. And this needs to be done for all matches, not just the ones where we're likely to have a big crowd anyway - those will have a better chance of taking care of themselves.

Ah, but the one thing I've forgotten is the shortage of South Africans in Herts, and without them there can't possibly be anybody interested in rugby.

So the question for EG is "Why don't Sarries advertise more in North Herts?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2009 10:34 by RogerG.

Stanster (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 10:30
Question re Fan Forum really.

Where's the link to the webcast going to published (apologies if this is answered elsewhere)

SarriesSupport (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 11:59
It was a pivotal moment when Eddie Jones came to the club on a consultancy basis and identified some fundamental issues about the way the playing side of the club operated. If I remember correctly, this was the moment when getting a sound coaching infrastructure in place became a priority. Bring in the Gaffer was the next step, and then EJ himself taking control seemed to be logical steps forwards. Last season’s Heineken Cup campaign demonstrated what Saracens were capable of and was a good indication of progress. Unfortunately the consistency wasn’t there, particularly towards the end of the GP campaign. This season hasn’t been a great success in terms of results, but we’re difficult to beat (5 losing bonus points from the 7 defeats) and in a way it feels like another step forward. Yes, we’ve questioned some of EJ’s selections, but we’ve seen some big names come to the club prepared to perform. We’ve got a batch of youngsters coming out of the academy who are delivering. The club has been gaining a growing level of respect and is starting to shed its ‘celebrity’ tag and revolving door culture and turn into a club that means business. I’m aware of all of the arguments about Watford and Vicarage Road, but like it or not it is currently our home and I can’t see why Watford it is any worse than any other catchment area. However, the experience of attending VR has never been great and the current woes of Watford FC seem to be making it worse.

Attracting bigger crowds is an absolute necessity. So what’s going to make people want to come and watch Saracens. In my book there are two things, and it’s all about quality. Delivering a successful and attractive brand of rugby on the field is one. Providing an enticing match day experience to supporters and visitors is the other. I thought we were making progress on no.1, but we seem to be going backwards on no.2.

So creating a situation that causes EJ to want to leave the club seems counter productive since that was the area where things seemed to be going right; talk of bringing in big name SA players on short term contracts, seems a reversion to the ‘celebrity’ culture; moving to another location somewhere near London’s saffer community seems totally unacceptable to the current supporters – can’t all these saffers get on a train to Watford?

And of course, we’ve heard it all before; the new coach, the new players, the new initiatives over the years were all going to make Saracens into a top team. So, Edward G., can you convince us that you have a strategy or a plan that we can believe in and will deliver?

Keith (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 12:07
If Craven Cottage is a financially viable option, can someone clarify for me how much money Fayed has pumped into Fulham FC and how dependent they are upon his cash for survival?

I'm not being facetious, but this is being seen as the club's financial salvation, so let's have an informed discussion as to how the football club is doing.

Also, if we move to Fulham's ground, do we stop being Sarries and become Cottagers???

[Thanks, Jon]

smitch (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 12:09

Also, if we move to Fulham's ground, do we stop being Sarries and become Cottagers???

Why should it?...did you all become vicars, when you moved to vicarage RD(Sm100)

Keith (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 12:11
No, but I do now get all my pleasure vicariously.

Rich T (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 13:38
Wayoutwest, you either misread my post or I put my point wrongly. No insult of the fez intended. Far from it. What I meant to say was that at the moment, the identity of the club is encapsulated by the fez. That is who we are. If we were to be marketed as S.A.rries, our star players were bokkes, and the majority of the crowd saffers, our identity would change. Would S.A.rries still feel like our club? Would the symbol of the fez represent the newcomers? I know it represents us now, (and that's great), but if there were a profound change in the club demographic it might not feel the same to wear it anymore. Who knows, perhaps the saffers would accept it as their own.

EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
18 February, 2009 16:09
This is my first posting on this forum. My Husband and I have been season ticket holders since 2002, but I have followed the fortunes of sarries since they were at Enfield Football Club. I am concerned about the recent events, if sarries move to Fulham we will not be going with them, it will not be my LOCAL club anymore. Like previous postings I can't see them maintaining links in southgate if they move to Fulham. I realise we need more people turning up to matches, but surely losing coaches at the rate we are losing them is unhealthy. I am a stalwalt sarrie but I think the matchday experience is poor in comparision to other rugby clubs we have visited. I am aware this is somewhat constrained by WFC. We love watching the game, everyone we meet is very friendly but where is the "club atmosphere"?? Is there any chance of buying out WFC and re developing rather than moving? We can't keep trawling round London. I think the way forward has to be looking towards Stade Francais's experience. they were radical and different and it seems to work they have crowds we can only dream of at the moment. I hope this can be sorted out and we can have a coach for more than 1 season and we can attract crowds of 15,000 and we are not playing too far away for us we be able to enjoy it

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
19 February, 2009 16:47
I have sent you a couple of comments using the Private Messaging facility, EG.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net