rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day: Presason already?

Next: Saracens v Wasps, 2pm Saturday 6 September, Twickenham Stadium
Latest: Moving on swiftly to....
Audio: Online via the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Wasps BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Widnes Artificial Pitch on the Beeb
CambridgeSarrie. (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 18:10
If you only have "council telly" like me ;-) Widnes' 4g surface is on BBC2 now.

The commentary team pointed out only one player is wearing "skins" to protect knees and elbows. After the early negative feedback maybe it plays ok. Any thoughts folks?

(Chuffed with our result today, especially after last weeks dissapointment. Followed the updates link provided on here, good little service that. The whisky is now flowing ;:-) have a good weekend all)

Re: Widnes Artificial Pitch on the Beeb
Wayoutwest2 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:12
The interesting things are the bounce is near perfect, not one of the players aftwe 72 mins has a grazed knee or elbow and all the players are wearing studded boots. It looks fantastic!

AlanE (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:25
Quote:
CambridgeSarrie.

The commentary team pointed out only one player is wearing "skins" to protect knees and elbows. After the early negative feedback maybe it plays ok. Any thoughts folks?

Was there ever any negative actual feedback - as distinct from negative speculation?

I never heard any negative comments about 4g surface - but lots of positive stuff, (admittedly from the direction of the club) especially after the visit to Miami Dolphins.

14 April, 2012 19:30
Quote:
Wayoutwest2
The interesting things are the bounce is near perfect, not one of the players aftwe 72 mins has a grazed knee or elbow and all the players are wearing studded boots. It looks fantastic!

Agree WoW2, me and the Missus have been on knee and elbow watch and can't really see any damage outside of what you'd expect on a dry grass pitch this time of year. It looks and plays ace too, as you say.

Farmfez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:08
AlanE - there were negative reports after a game also on tv where the pitch had frozen, partially thawed, and refrozen again. The individual blades of 'grass' had a covering of ice which made them sharp and did do damage IIRC.

14 April, 2012 21:48
Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
CambridgeSarrie.

Was there ever any negative actual feedback - as distinct from negative speculation?

I never heard any negative comments about 4g surface - but lots of positive stuff, (admittedly from the direction of the club) especially after the visit to Miami Dolphins.

You're right. I was refering to general speculation (some comments made by wakefield players I think) . My friend works for the Institute of Groundsmanship and really rates the stuff. Apparently 5g is available very soon too. I have no idea how this stuff works, need to pay more attention. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2012 22:05 by CambridgeSarrie..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net