Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day: Masterful Marcelo

Next: Newcastle Falcons v Saracens, Sunday 20 April, 3pm, Kingston Park
Latest: Saracens 28-24 Northampton Saints
Audio: Click on the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on.
Upcoming TV: Saracens v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Saturday 26 April, Sky Sports 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Racing to Nantes
Posted by: Foxtrot Echo Zulu (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 13:21

Our away leg to Racing (round 5) is now planned to be played in Nantes...

[Link - ERC Rugby]

Re: Racing to Nantes
Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 13:26

Nantes is a great place, unless your national team is playing Fiji sad smiley

385.73 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2013.

[This ageing editor has recently acquired his first ever smart-phone, with touchscreen. Accordingly, some of his contributions will be even more incoherent than usual. Please be kind!]

Posted by: oxonsarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 14:08

Checked out train price for 2 x senior at 106
5 hour trip with one change at Paris or Lille.
Just need to know what day we will be playing and off we go again.

Posted by: King Zak (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 15:05

Quote:
TonyTaff
Nantes is a great place, unless your national team is playing Fiji sad smiley

(Sm22)(Sm22)

We had a great time when England beat Samoa there (that's all of Samoa, not just the Western part smiling smiley )

Nous sommes l'arme noir et rouge !

Posted by: Zoot (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 15:07

Oh well at least they won't need their leaf-blowers to clear the lines of snow down there!

Posted by: Gryff (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 15:20

Do you think Racing have moved it to avoid Paris being flooded with Sarries belgian supporters? (Sm100)

Posted by: To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 16:39

Cue lots of threads about how RM92 is betraying its supporters by not trying to expand its fan base in Paris due to taking this match to Nantes.

Cue lots of rants about how the RM92 CEO is out of touch with "real" supporters and how the club will never build a sustainable existence if they are going to ignore those for whom everyone feels sorry[1] [2] and who should be treated better by the evil people in charge of the club.

Although I am not holding my breath.

[1] Unless you're a particular Shedweb correspondent who, despite professing symSpathy for Sarries fans, still wants the club to fold. The spiteful hypocrite.

[2] We don't need anyone's sympathy. We're right behind the club and understand why they're doing what they're doing./

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k

Eparistera Daimones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2012 16:42 by large.

Posted by: saracens4life (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 16:53

(Sm152)

Posted by: TOKS (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 17:18

But I find it very touching that they are so concerned for our well-being, Large.

Basically they are saying that everything is perfect in their own lives and at their own clubs and that they therefore have lots of time on their hands to worry about us.

Bless.

Posted by: To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 17:36

I don't recall any such rants about Bourgoin playing Munster in Geneva, Perpignan playing Toulon and Toulouse in Barcelona, Biarritz playing several matches in San Sebastien or Stade Francais planning to play Ulster in, er, Brussels.

The facts that have been missed conveniently by those from other clubs, whose opinions count for the square root of diddly squat, are that Saracens won't have a home ground until February, and that once Allianz Park is open, there are - and will be - no plans subsequently to move any fixtures to any ground other than Wembley Stadium.

We know the score. We were informed well in advance this season that home matches will be taken on the road. We understand the reasons why. We are up for some new and unique experiences as a concequence. We know what will happen next.

Time for the nay-sayers to open their one eye.

I'm really disappointed I can't go to Brussels. I was so looking forward to a weekend in a new place for Sarries and for Heineken Cup rugby. I hope that I will be able to say "I as was there" when this match is played in Nantes.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k

Eparistera Daimones

Posted by: mk-fez (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 17:58

How interesting...

I was going to skip the away leg, since I had done Paris two seasons back. That's when I was almost trapped by the snow and since the flight was cancelled, I did an epic homeward journey via the TGV (since all Eurostars were booked up), ferry and the very last trains back to London and MK.

Who knows what might happen if the snow hits Nantes? Still gonna plan it, though.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 18:40

A pity, as I was just on the verge of booking Eurostar for a long weekend in Paris. Not sure what to do now!

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 18:59

Nantes is a nice enough city for a weekend, though what it's like - and what's open - in January, je ne sais pas.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 19:17

They've just done it out of spite. We deprive them of a weekend in Watford, so they deprive us of a weekend in Paris..

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 19:31

Weather Averages for Nantes in January
Temperature 6C 42F
Low Temperature 3C 37F
High Temperature 8C 46F

Weather Averages for Paris in January
Temperature 3C 37F
Low Temperature 1C 34F
High Temperature 5C 41F

So slightly warmer in Nantes, but not a lot.(Sm24)

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2012 21:21

Quote:
The Bard
They've just done it out of spite. We deprive them of a weekend in Watford, so they deprive us of a weekend in Paris..

(Sm22)

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net