rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the eaaarth?

Next: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens, Saturday 29th November, 16:30, The splendid Sandy Park
Latest:Saracens 24-31 Saints
Audio:
Upcoming TV:Sale v Saracens, SKY Sports 2, Saturday Dec 6th, from 12:30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

World Cup Tickets
derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 07:17
An interesting piece - which rightly points out that RWC is very different to the Olympics. I for one will be willing to pay up to watch England in QFs, SFs and a final (well one can always hope), but if the way that ticketing works means you have to book tickets for a QF and SF before you know whether your team have made it through the pools and which QF they are playing in, there has to be some way to 'swap' to be sure you get to the right QF

Jevons speaks

Re: World Cup Tickets
Rupes (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 09:47
For RWC in France 2007, you were able to buy team packages.

So if you purchased a team package, regardless of where/when the QF/SF was, you were allocated a ticket to that match if your team were involved. If your team didn't get to the QF/SF, then you received a refund accordingly.

I suspect (hope) this will be the same system as from experience I can tell you it worked really well.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 10:46
Quote:
Rupes
For RWC in France 2007, you were able to buy team packages.
So if you purchased a team package, regardless of where/when the QF/SF was, you were allocated a ticket to that match if your team were involved. If your team didn't get to the QF/SF, then you received a refund accordingly.

I suspect (hope) this will be the same system as from experience I can tell you it worked really well.

Aye, it worked well, but was expensive and the refund was late. I enjoyed my week loafing on the Cote D'Azur watching the matches in bars!

£416.54 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at April 30, 2014.

primavesi (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 10:57
In New Zealand you could buy a package but that meant committing to a lot of games and you still are not able to book accommodation etc.

I took a risk and assumed England would win their group which luckily paid off. Would not have been too impressed having paid all that money to watch France v Argentina!

Personally I can“t wait till the world cup. New Zealand was a fantastic experience and while I think we will struggle to match the enthusiasm they showed, we should all try and make sure we go to as many of the low profile games as possible and get behind a minnow. In New Zealand everyone was urged to adopt a smaller team to follow and it worked really well, created a fantastic atmosphere.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 11:25
Primavesi - don't get me wrong; I am very much looking forward to backing a 'minnow' or two during the pool stages - but if I am going to shell out for a quarter final or semi, I want it to be the one that England is in!

kiwisarrie (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 14:48
All the primary schools adopted a team/country as part of the curriculum. Towns and villages decked themselves in the colours of their chosen countries. Some of the pool stages went to smaller places where they wouldn't normally have top class games and it worked really well. Stadiums were generally full. Teams appeared to be based in towns where there was a significant population of that country living in the town. e.g. Italy, Ireland etc. Hopefully the same will happen here and the country will really get behind the various teams. (Obviously I will be supporting England as long as they're not playing the All Blacks!)

kiwisarrie (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 14:49
I should have said in my previous message that I will be cheering for any Saracens player which ever team they're playing in.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 September, 2013 17:57
Quote:
kiwisarrie
All the primary schools adopted a team/country as part of the curriculum. Towns and villages decked themselves in the colours of their chosen countries. Some of the pool stages went to smaller places where they wouldn't normally have top class games and it worked really well. Stadiums were generally full. Teams appeared to be based in towns where there was a significant population of that country living in the town. e.g. Italy, Ireland etc. Hopefully the same will happen here and the country will really get behind the various teams. (Obviously I will be supporting England as long as they're not playing the All Blacks!)

I fear that neither Pakistan nor Bangladesh will qualify, so there won't be any teams billeted round were.

£416.54 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at April 30, 2014.

27 September, 2013 09:11
Quote:
kiwisarrie
I should have said in my previous message that I will be cheering for any Saracens player which ever team they're playing in.

I hope that Namibia can qualify, because it'd be great to be able to align the whole club behind one real minnow.

I'll also be cheering on Wyles in the USA side.

But if Gill makes it into the Welsh team then I might have to remain quiet!!!

primavesi (IP Logged)
27 September, 2013 09:50
Echo what Kiwisarrie says.

Decided to go and watch the Canada v Japan game in Napier (I think), only to find out to my amazement that it was sold out. Seemed like the whole town had decided to go to the game, supporting one team or another.

If we can create even half the enthusiasm in 2015 it will be a great even.

Re: V Toulouse Wembley Tickets
WOTAFLANKER (IP Logged)
30 September, 2013 10:35
Has anyone got their Tickets for the Wembley game?

Re: V Toulouse Wembley Tickets
p248 (IP Logged)
30 September, 2013 17:58
Yes, they arrived over a week ago.

CK55FEZ (IP Logged)
01 October, 2013 09:02
Quote:
primavesi
Echo what Kiwisarrie says.
Decided to go and watch the Canada v Japan game in Napier (I think), only to find out to my amazement that it was sold out. Seemed like the whole town had decided to go to the game, supporting one team or another.

If we can create even half the enthusiasm in 2015 it will be a great even.

It will be down to enthusiasm to watch the minnows vs. ticket pricing.

In 1999 some mates and me did a UK tour taking in England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland.

The 1pm Argentina vs. Samoa at Stradey Park was sold out, as was the 5pm USA vs. Oz in Limerick.

However the 7pm Ireland vs. Romania game at Landsdowne Road was so under sold that the touts were selling their tickets half price within yards of the official box office that were still trying to sell tickets on the night at full price.

The 3pm Scotland vs. Spain game at Murrayfield was a complete washout with what seemed like around only 10k in the whole stadium.

In town that night after the game, we asked some of the locals why it was so poorly attended and it was all about ticket price. No one was going to spend £30 to watch Spain! Which was rather galling, especially as we had paid £45 for our official tickets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 18:36 by CK55FEZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net