rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
EDINBURGH HERE WE COME!

Latest: MUNSTER 10:26 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v BRISTOL RUGBY, Sat 29th April 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Season Ticket Renewals...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 15:24
I know some of you complain about not getting Email etc from the club.

So if you have no messages from the club:

... I have received an Email and a Text about next seasons ST's.

If I do nothing (as I pay by DD) it will automatically renew..If any changes are wanted this has to be done by 1700 on 29th March.

If you renew by 1700 on 31st March (for those without DD or want to make changes) then you
will earn Early Bird loyalty points added into their Rewards4Rugby account.

It states you will have tickets to Allianz Park and our 'on the road' games at the National Stadium, Wembley or Twickenham Stadium.

As I'm not in the Posh Seats my has gone up by a small amount so I'm happy!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Season Ticket Renewals...
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 15:29
Cheers for info

Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

RobB (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 15:51
Cannot see how many games are included. Last year was very specific at 16 'home' games but this year there is no mention. Does this mean an overseas home game or maybe the Anglo Welsh cup is not happening?

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 16:06
Or that if planning is granted they are being cautious in case of delays?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 16:43
Quote:
RobB
Cannot see how many games are included. Last year was very specific at 16 'home' games but this year there is no mention. Does this mean an overseas home game or maybe the Anglo Welsh cup is not happening?

I cannot see how they can take games away unless it is to the other stadiums mentioned........(Perhaps a few games at National Stadium if Azp is unusable?

"This year’s seasonal memberships offers outstanding benefits allowing you to enjoy first class rugby at our home, Allianz Park and our 'on the road' games at the National Stadium, Wembley or Twickenham Stadium."

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

winnie10 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 16:53
Got mine today too. Amazingly, all 3 tickets and car parking all under my name! However, my (not so) 'personalised' home page included the following:

"As a Season Ticket Holder in the current West Stand we acknowledge that the Phase 2 Allianz Park redevelopment may have an impact with your Season Ticket Renewal this season. All Season Ticket Holders who will be affected will be assigned a member of Saracens staff who will contact Season Ticket Holders on an individual basis to manage your booking process for the 17/18 season.

We know that this may make the process more complicated but we feel that this is a hugely important development for the Club and we are extremely excited about the plans. As soon as we know more about the timelines for the planning permission and the build phase we will communicate directly with Season Ticket Holders.

We will be hosting a series of evening events at Allianz Park where West Stand Season Ticket Holders will be able to discuss their renewals with the Supporter Services team in much more detail. Again, once dates are confirmed we will communicate out with the affected parties."

That is all very informative, but I'm actually an East Stand STH!

Hopefully all West Stand STHs will be well looked after during the development.

Price increase isn't too bad, and a tiny increase to the 'club cash' or loyalty points as well. I notice that Ticket Exchange seems to be back for next season - it didn't seem to operate for this season - although the information on the page refers to the credit being deducted from the 2017/2018 renewal price, which will be interesting given we will have already renewed by the time the 2017/2018 season starts!

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 17:30
Is there a consensus re West Stand season tickets if the rebuilding goes ahead? Is it likely that the expanded North and South stands for the Glasgow QF will provide a temporary solution during the building work, which will take a complete season at least I imagine?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 18:39
"All Season Ticket Holders who will be affected will be assigned a member of Saracens staff who will contact Season Ticket Holders on an individual basis to manage your booking process for the 17/18 season."

Perhaps that's why they are advertising for this role...

Media and communications team....

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 07:59
Is anyone else having " we are unable to fetch your package" syndrome?

Coughie (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 08:31
My package seems to be functioning perfectly.......

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Rupes (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 08:40
That job spec contains opssibly the most accurate line ever written about Saracens and the off-the-field activities:

"a commitment to storytelling"

100% agree, the club are fantastic at spinning.

JO'G (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 08:54
I suspect there will be a large number of disgruntled West stand customers. After all a number of them moved over to take advantage of the better seat at lower price band

When the stand is complete I would be astonished if any West stand seat was at a lower category or a lower price than its East stand equivalent - directly opposite

No sun in your eyes and with the wind generally from behind the stand less chance of rain. Plus the dugouts and the kudos of sitting around that and the tunnel means I would expect more platinum seats in the West, probably more gold, less if any silver and certainly no red & black

Pretty sure the club won't be keen to attract season ticket holders into the premium seats at discounts either. After all the problem they have at the moment is limited decent tickets to sell to customers who have money so I would be shocked if they didn't take advantage of the West stand opportunity

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 11:46
Quote:
1876-Fez
"All Season Ticket Holders who will be affected will be assigned a member of Saracens staff who will contact Season Ticket Holders on an individual basis to manage your booking process for the 17/18 season."

Perhaps that's why they are advertising for this role...

Media and communications team....

It did sound to me that that would require an awful lot of staff members!

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Rolls (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 17:24
It seems my rwo OAP row J tickets in the east stand which were classified as Silver are now classified as gold, a concession price of £355 changed to a full price of £650! It means a move unless there is an error somewhere. I understand the need to get the full price from the ticket holder but I would have appreciated a call or email first, had I just not checked with the ticket office and renewed my direct debit my bank account would have had a nasty surprise! Anyone else had the same problem? I believe Oxonsarrie may be in the same boat.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 17:40
Quote:
Rolls
It seems my rwo OAP row J tickets in the east stand which were classified as Silver are now classified as gold, a concession price of £355 changed to a full price of £650! It means a move unless there is an error somewhere. I understand the need to get the full price from the ticket holder but I would have appreciated a call or email first, had I just not checked with the ticket office and renewed my direct debit my bank account would have had a nasty surprise! Anyone else had the same problem? I believe Oxonsarrie may be in the same boat.

Did you not get the "Saracens 2017/18 Season Tickets – Renew Today" email yesterday?..

If you clicked on the "clicking here" (in Blue).

"To do this, simply log into your Personalised URL using your Saracens Client Reference number and your Surname by clicking here."

It would take you to a log in page, once in you can view "Your Package" showing next Seasons costs.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Rolls (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 18:01
Hi 1876-Fez, yes I did get the season ticket renewal info from the club, no I didn't go into the'My Package' bit. I just assumed that the rates, albeit with a small increase would be the same. I didn't realise that what had been Silver was now Gold. I've had the seats since we moved to Allianz and they've always been Silver, a case of reading the small print I guess, thanks for your help anyway. I still would have appreciated a call from the office, hey-ho.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 18:56
Quote:
Rolls
Hi 1876-Fez, yes I did get the season ticket renewal info from the club, no I didn't go into the'My Package' bit. I just assumed that the rates, albeit with a small increase would be the same. I didn't realise that what had been Silver was now Gold. I've had the seats since we moved to Allianz and they've always been Silver, a case of reading the small print I guess, thanks for your help anyway. I still would have appreciated a call from the office, hey-ho.

No problem.....

I would suggest that everyone looks at the "Your Package" so that they don't get any nasty surprises come renewal time.

However I do agree that if you have been upgraded, personal contact would have nice!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Innings (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 19:28
The link only works if you click on it in the text message. Entering the webname www.make more memories.co.uk into a search bar on any other device offers a variety of sites, the first of which is selling the domain name, which the vendor says is registered but not in use.

When you open the site by clicking on the link on your phone, and want to read the text, be prepared for red writing on a black background, almost impossible to read.

Generally the staff at the end of the phone are good. For web-based affairs, it's fashionable to blame EG's successor, whose name means nothing to me, for the constant SNAFUs, but he should grip the fact that the way in which Sarries run the web-based part of their business is the worst sort of incompetent muddling.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 19:34
Best do it from the email on a PC, laptop or pad.. no problems then for me!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

FredFez (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 22:09
Yes, happened to us too. Same problem with Glasgow QF tickets, phoned the club and got them corrected, but season tickets not yet sorted. They did say it was an error, so I hope they're right. There is no way they can just re-categorise your seat without notifying you first, if they do, my support as a season ticket holder for the lat 16 or so years may be moving elsewhere, although not sure my heart would ever let me!

Rolls (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 08:30
FredFez, they have recategorised my season ticket and no they didn't inform me first! I went to the ticket office in person to query the point and the gentleman I spoke to was very surprised and sympathetic, he said it might be a mistake, I'll wait and see. I've been a season ticket holder since 1999 and have sat in the same East Stand seats since the move to Allianz, I really look forward to seeing the same crowd each home game, I will be very sorry to have to move but this price hike is way too much, £200+ for a standard, £300+ for concession OAP. Assuming the Silver seats in the rows in front all renew there may be no seats in that block to purchase. I advise everyone to check whether they've been regraded before the automatic renewal date.

JO'G (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 08:47
all simple for me - pretty much no increase

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 12:10
Just renewed for myself and the wife. Little bit niggly that I had to make 2 credit card payments, 1 for each ticket, instead of paying for both in one go.
Main question is this though. At the end I was taken to a page which had a dummy entry for each fixture (obviously the exact fixtures are not available yet) but seemed to imply I will need to print off a ticket for each game instead of using the plastic card as at present.
Surely they are not intending to discontinue the plastic cards?

nicsue (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 23:48
Rang to ask some questions about our East Stand Silver season tickets today. Was told that no East Stand silver tickets have been regraded to gold. An error meant that about eight STH's were told this even though it is not true. Hmmm, and three of them are on this thread. If it is you, give the ticket office a ring. (Didn't bother with linky thing as my account has been muddled with my son's and I don't have the necessary will to get it sorted.)

Innings (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 10:22
Well, I took my own advice and phoned. Straight through, renewed two tickets in different names at a very modest increase on this season, car park sorted and as a bonus was asked whether I'd ordered my tickets for Wembley, which I'd forgotten to do. All paid for one one card payment. Efficient and all done in three minutes.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Bboonie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 11:28
Quote:
Duncan96
Main question is this though. At the end I was taken to a page which had a dummy entry for each fixture (obviously the exact fixtures are not available yet) but seemed to imply I will need to print off a ticket for each game instead of using the plastic card as at present.
Surely they are not intending to discontinue the plastic cards?

I queried this,

Are you serious about it being individual ‘print at home’ tickets for each match?

Surely just loading it on my current card or a new card is more convenient (especially for me without a printer at home).

and got this reply;

You are correct , a new season ticket will be sent to you mid-August apologies for the confusion

Kind regards

Adey (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 19:30
I assume if you don't care about a £3 price increase and just enjoy going along with mates and watching one of the best teams in Europe you can just do nothing and it'll auto renew like last year?

Rif (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 09:04
That's correct Adey, assuming you pay by DD.

"My kicking coach tells me to imagine I am on the beach and that's what I did. I tried to be as relaxed as possible because we had the wind in our face and I didn't want to force it." - Marcelo Bosch, 06/04/15

Adey (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 20:07
I do indeed. Thank you Rif.

p248 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:23
We renewed Mrs P's ST online last night As we aytend ptetty well all matches at AzP we chose the "Collect from Box Office" option to avoid the £2.50 postal charge on top if the £5.00 booking fee. I called the ticket office today to ask when we would be able to pick up the ticket. I was told they would all be posted out in August. So the moral of this story is "DON'T SELECT THE DELIVERY BY POST OPTION" . (I'm not shouting, caps are used so readers can see the point of the my posting without having to read the rest of my rubbish!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 16:20 by p248.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Saracens Poll

HOW SHOULD WE APPROACH THE BRISTOL GAME?

See results > Submit >>