rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
BATH GET A SOAKING!

Latest: SARACENS 53:10 BATH
Next: SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS, SUN 2nd April 13.00 Allianz
ERCC Quarter Final
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Glasgow Warriors Sky Sports 4 12.30 Sun 2nd Apr 2017

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

A question of taste
Rolls (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:46
I really don't get it. Now George North is claiming he was bitten in the France/Wales game. Although there was no clear video evidence it will no doubt be checked at length at some later date. Is this a Saints thing or do they really reckon they just taste better than any other player therefore being nibbled a la Suarez is an unavoidable hazard? Perhaps we should employ a 'palatability coach' so our lads don't feel in any way left out.

Re: A question of taste
Adey (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:00
He asked for it to be reviewed at the time. The video was certainly inconclusive unlike the Ashton incident.

I don't think any Professional player goes around claiming to have been bitten unless something actually occurs.

JO'G (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:08
Quote:
Adey
He asked for it to be reviewed at the time. The video was certainly inconclusive unlike the Ashton incident.
I don't think any Professional player goes around claiming to have been bitten unless something actually occurs.

Totally disagree on the Ashton video - all we know for certain was that Waller stuck his arm in Ashton's mouth and reacted as if he had been bitten (or snagged as Ashton disengaged his arm from his mouth)

Totally agree that Waller believed he had teeth on his arm (not really surprising)

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Adey (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:23
Of course you disagree. But open the other eye.

Ashton you can see the arm in his mouth. George North you can't. There's enough to find Ashton guilty and ban him. Unless they've got another angle from the France game you can't.

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:53
Adey you are back! We have missed you so.

Not a home game goes by without you being mentioned.

We were concerned that ill had come of you and your thought provoking threads.

Please make yourself known to the gaggle of Fez heads by the bar as it would be great to put a face to the name.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Adey (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:20
Haven't been anywhere, posted on a couple of other threads recently. Don't believe I've started a thread either. As for thought provoking, you take what you want from my posts.

Fez heads? I thought the gaggle of aging men in tight Lycra replica shirts (nicknamed and numbers no less!) and soppy hays with pin badges in went by the term Fez Boys. In fact they get quite annoyed by the Fez head term. You're clearly not one of there number are you?

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:38
Being in my 60's it has been many years since I was called a boy, but yes I am one. How when involved in such a wonderful game can you be so bitter?

A number of us Fez Boys have been wondering if you were a Sarries season ticket holder or a supporter of another club and every time you react we learn a little more. Rather like deliberate spelling mistakes on menus which give those so desperate, a reason to crow.

It is a sweepstake rather like Boycott Bingo.

Who is Adey, go on come and have a beer with us, lunacy is not contagious.

Adey (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:46
Very long term season ticket holder.

I'm particular about who I drink with. I've never had a desire to spend time around them, never will.

london pride (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:50
Charmed, I'm sure.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:19
I'll buy you a pint martin!

Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:34
Quote:
Old Curmudgeon
Being in my 60's it has been many years since I was called a boy, but yes I am one. How when involved in such a wonderful game can you be so bitter?
A number of us Fez Boys have been wondering if you were a Sarries season ticket holder or a supporter of another club and every time you react we learn a little more. Rather like deliberate spelling mistakes on menus which give those so desperate, a reason to crow.

It is a sweepstake rather like Boycott Bingo.

Who is Adey, go on come and have a beer with us, lunacy is not contagious.

You can always buy me a beer, the women in my family say that I am a grumpy old ******* so, while I might be less enigmatic, I am a partial substitute.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

RobB (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:27
i am sparticus

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:44
And there was me thinking Waldo was Spartacus!

Svenster (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:46
NO! I am Spartacus!

Waldo (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 07:00
I thought my wife was Spartacus !

Anyway - what have the Romans ever done for us ?

mrangry (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 07:19
I've met Mrs Waldo, she looks nothing like Kirk Douglas. And didn't the Romans gave us brilliant Rhodes?

primavesi (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:49
I have no doubt at all that North was bitten, but unfortunately in a pile of bodies these things are often impossible to spot so the coward who did it will do unpunished.

Waldo (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:57
Quote:
mrangry
And didn't the Romans gave us brilliant Rhodes?
Good one Mr A - I see what you did there (Sm151)

Zider Graham (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:00
Talking of a question of taste, I may well have a sample bottle of a new vodka on Sunday. I call it Mounty, its a bit like Bounty but gets you F&@#d!
If you want to try some, come and find me, I'll be the fat bloke with a beer belly, facial hair and a penchant for wearing Black and Red.

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

boomer! (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:28
Quote:
Adey

Ashton you can see the arm in his mouth.
George North you can't. There's enough to find Ashton guilty and ban him. Unless they've got another angle from the France game you can't.

Adey, you should open both eyes and read JO'G again.
He does say that Waller's arm is in Ashey's mouth. No one is challenging that.
So it's a bit unfair to accuse JO'G of myopia.

Adey (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:04
"He reacted as though he'd been bitten"

That's a ridiculously quick reaction to fake, and the thought process behind it must have been just as quick, unless it was pre planned? It's a straight up bite and there's evidence on camera of it.

With George North there's no clear video evidence, as reviewed at the time. It's wonderfully French though isn't it. Camped out on the Taffs line needing a try to win it, penalty coming, they go wide, only for one of their players to apparently bite someone and cost them the game. I'd say he was a lucky boy the cameras weren't from another angle.

Mac L (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:24
Which team are you a season ticket holder of?

JO'G (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 06:39
Quote:
Adey
Ashton you can see the arm in his mouth. George North you can't. There's enough to find Ashton guilty and ban him. Unless they've got another angle from the France game you can't.

Actually I've got both eyes very much open and since my laser treatment I've got perfect vision.

Two people can see the same thing and come to totally different conclusions. I know this because I'm a Libra.

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Saracens Poll

What will be the likely outcome after next weekend

See results > Submit >>