rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"SALE INTO THE SUNSET"

Latest: SARACENS 41:13 SALE SHARKS
Next: WORCESTER WARRIORS v SARACENS Fri 29th Sept 19.45 Sixways
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Wasps BT Sport 14.30 Sun 8th Oct 2017

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Ref for Sunday - Clear your diaries for Monday
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:46
In normal circumstances I yearn for Wayne Barnes to be appointed to our matches. Now I am concerned that the pubs might be closed before Sunday's match finishes!

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2017 16:51 by TonyTaff.

Ref for Sunday
Huxley (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 15:33
Referee: Wayne Barnes (180th Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Tom Foley & Paul Dix.
TMO: Graham Hughes.

Re: Ref for Sunday
Uttoxsarie (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 15:40
Better take a picnic; it could be a long second half.(Sm132)

King Zak (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 16:06
Do Premiership rugby know something about this game I don't - that's a team of pretty 'heavyweight' officials! They obviously see it as a key game

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

TOKS (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 17:49
Well that's a winning combo. A referee who doesn't like going to the TMO and a TMO who doesn't like to believe what the pictures are telling him! Could be fun!

JO'G (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 20:42
sounds a perfect ref for Graham Hughes

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

22 March, 2017 10:43
Having re-watched the France/Wales game I think Barnes actually handled everything as well as he could have done. I'm sure though that he'll happily take a few comments from the touchline about it this weekend!

22 March, 2017 11:52
I also thought Mr Barnes did very well in those final 20 minutes. There was little else he could do. He had to react to what the people on the sidelines were telling him, particularly on issues of player safety and foul-play.

He certainly was not helped by the 4th official, and having to constantly give obvious penalties against infringing Welshmen. In fact my only criticism is he should have binned a couple of them for those infringement, as it was constant, and in the red zone. If he had binned a few of them, the game might have ended sooner.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 12:05
One point to mention though is that it could very quickly gone to uncontested scrums, removing the French advantage. I wonder if that was a conscious decision, because we also thought a few more cards were warranted.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:01
Has to be a first, player gets a yellow after full time and returns!

I only watched the last 20 minutes and I think Wayne was reasonable given the surrounding circumstances. Wales could have picked up more yellows but he was stuck with the French prop shinanegans after the medic said yes. RFU/ERU should review the medical histories to rule out 'blood gate' tactics.

Re: Ref for Sunday - Clear your diaries for Monday
sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 09:31
I also watched the last 20mins of extra (and we thought 9mins was enough!), was WB right not to stop the clock once it had turned red after 80mins despite so many stoppages? Does anybody know the laws around this?

CT (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 13:04
I wondered that too as a lot of the sin-bin time was wasted on trying to get Tomas Francis on.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 13:16
Can you stop a clock when the game has 'finished'? In reality what happened was one continuous passage of play I guess, the operative word is guess but time had gone therefore you cannot stop the clock?

JO'G (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 19:51
effectively the game was extended because penalties were given. If you choose a scrum then the scrum must complete (unless you are playing London Welsh)

Trouble was Wales kept giving away stupid penalties rather than wait for a French mistake

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net