rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES ARE REMAINERS!

Latest: CARDIFF BLUES 14:26 SARACENS
Next: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens Sat 22nd Dec, 15.00 Sandy Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens, Sat 22nd Dec 14.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Murrayfield Seating Plan
boomer! (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 17:47
As tickets will start being offered on this site I thought it may be useful to post this...

http://www.ticket-highway.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Murrayfield-Stadium-seating-plan-300x223.gif

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/btm_ticketing_epcr-champs.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2017 17:13 by boomer!.

Re: Murrayfield Seating Plan
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 19:38
We are in E13... anyone else?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 19:53
Making our minds up where to sit!!
If you dont mind me asking what price were tickets in E13 1876?

European champions 2016 & 2017

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 19:57
It will be interesting to see where in the stadium Saracens allocation of tickets that go on sale Tuesday will be.

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2017 20:05 by whyisitnevereasy.

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 20:14
Unfortunately I have to wait till Friday to get mine

23 April, 2017 20:26
Good evening I have tickets and accommodation that I need to sell as I am moving house that weekend I also have tickets for the Friday night game

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 22:20
I'm in E4, had to take a punt a few months back, seems worth it now

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 04:44
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Making our minds up where to sit!!
If you dont mind me asking what price were tickets in E13 1876?

We took a punt and got the Golden Ticket offer last year. . Sorry I can't remember how much as mate got them who also sorted hotel whilst I did flights!
All I know it's been a he'll of a lot cheaper than Lyon!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

lechef (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 13:21
We are in W26, purchased back in July

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2017 13:22 by lechef.

CB1959 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 13:23
W7 cow corner.
Or Hanwell if you're from London.

Neville (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 14:28
W 34.

The current ticketing arrangements really ought to be looked at. I know this may sound odd and I don't to criticise anybody personally.

For me, there should be no ability to buy tickets until after the semifinals have been played .That is sale commences at say 9 o'clock this morning.

I don't have the resources or the time,frankly, to buy tickets on the off chance that my team may get into the final. And then resell them when they don't, risking a loss.

I don't know how this could be made to work but it seems reasonable that in this case the Scottish Rugby union should first start selling seats this morning, including allocating seats to the two clubs who are going to contest the final.

Of course neutrals who just fancy a good day out will still have a chance to buy.From the end of the semifinals. As would we.

What I'm anxious to avoid is going on the relevant website as soon as its clear we are in the final only to find that the best tickets available are behind the in goal area behind the posts.And all the best seats been snapped up by members of other clubs who are clearly better resourced than me.

It's happened at both the other finals.

I am a member of Saracens and would perhaps have waited for our allocation to go sale were it not for the fact that I'll be abroad for a week and a bit from the very day that they go on sale

I don't whether anybody else shares these views, and I'm not at all clear what I'm saying is in anyway practical from a commercial point of view. It's just annoying that I am been able to get better seats at a time when we keep getting to the final!

But hey, I'm not really complaining. We are there. And so am I

boomer! (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 15:16
Quote:
Neville
W 34.
The current ticketing arrangements really ought to be looked at. I know this may sound odd and I don't to criticise anybody personally.

For me, there should be no ability to buy tickets until after the semifinals have been played .That is sale commences at say 9 o'clock this morning.

I don't have the resources or the time,frankly, to buy tickets on the off chance that my team may get into the final. And then resell them when they don't, risking a loss.

I don't know how this could be made to work but it seems reasonable that in this case the Scottish Rugby union should first start selling seats this morning, including allocating seats to the two clubs who are going to contest the final.

Of course neutrals who just fancy a good day out will still have a chance to buy.From the end of the semifinals. As would we.

What I'm anxious to avoid is going on the relevant website as soon as its clear we are in the final only to find that the best tickets available are behind the in goal area behind the posts.And all the best seats been snapped up by members of other clubs who are clearly better resourced than me.

I am a member of Saracens and would perhaps have waited for our allocation to go sale were it not for the fact that I'll be abroad for a week and a bit from the very day that they go on sale

I don't whether anybody else shares these views, and I'm not at all clear what I'm saying is in anyway practical from a commercial point of view. It's just annoying that I am been able to get better seats at a time when we keep getting to the final!

There is some validity to your points and this whole issue.

The qualifying clubs supporters are caught between the 8 ball and the cushion.

Clearly EPRC want a sell out and therefore offer all these early deals (and 2 game packages) well in advance and many will take advantage of it. BUT, supporters often want to be amongst their fellow club members so wait for what the club offers only to find the club has got pants tickets.

In the current situation we all now what the layout is for Murrayfield so what EPRC could have done was is let everyone in the competition know right from the start that should they qualify, their tickets will be in blocks W11,14,16,13,15,18 or W23,25,27,26,28,30 etc then we would know and can decide if we want to wait or then go onto the EPRC offers and get something better or cheaper.

CB1959 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 16:00
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Neville
W 34.

There is some validity to your points and this whole issue.

The qualifying clubs supporters are caught between the 8 ball and the cushion.

Clearly EPRC want a sell out and therefore offer all these early deals (and 2 game packages) well in advance and many will take advantage of it. BUT, supporters often want to be amongst their fellow club members so wait for what the club offers only to find the club has got pants tickets.

In the current situation we all now what the layout is for Murrayfield so what EPRC could have done was is let everyone in the competition know right from the start that should they qualify, their tickets will be in blocks W11,14,16,13,15,18 or W23,25,27,26,28,30 etc then we would know and can decide if we want to wait or then go onto the EPRC offers and get something better or cheaper.

That would be far too sensible and obvious, and something which a normal commercial organisation would think of. But this is rugby, and despite professionalism for over 20 years, most commercial organisations within the sport are still amateur in their off the field commerical planning.................so frustrating for the everyday supporter.

vunipolae (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 16:38
There will be three of us in S10, purchased yesterday as I didn't want to wait till Friday as I'm not a season ticket holder since moving to uni. Won't be the best seats but as a student I'm just happy to be going.

The Bard (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 20:02
We are N8 row P, bought them a few months ago.

The Bard (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 20:02
We are N8 row P, bought them a few months ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net