rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 18:16 SARACENS
Next: THAT'S ALL FOLKS UNTIL NEXT SEASON!
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Who Needs Rules?
Squawker2 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:22
Our European Cup friends, after changing the rules every year have agreed them for the season after next.

Two main changes:

No guarantee of a spot per country

Best yet, we're going back to the winner of the Challenge Cup getting automatic qualification

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Re: Who Needs Rules?
The Bard (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:20
But not the champions cup winners!

JO'G (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:37
Quote:
The Bard
But not the champions cup winners!

or even the3 Champions Cup Winners getting the #1 seeding. If we lose to Exeter on Saturday, we will be in pool2 - meaning a pool of death

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 10:34
It could easily be said that there are 4 pools of death in the ECC now! The majority of matches (not involving an Italian side) look difficult at the start of the competition and it's only when a side unexpectedly tanks early (e.g. Saints) that you see other unexpected big scores. Both changes seem sensible and will help the Pro 12 become even more competitive.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 15:46
When did we last have an Italian team? We always seem to have a tough group...

19 May, 2017 15:52
2013-14 was our last 'easy' group, but we still lost two games! Whereas the last two years have been 'tough' and we didn't lose!

2016-17: Toulon, Scarlets, Sale
2015-16: Toulouse, Ulster, Oyonnax
2014-15: Clermont, Munster, Sale
2013-14: Toulouse, Connacht, Zebre

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 16:08
2015 - 16 was a very easy year. Oyonnax finished bottom of the Top 14 and Toulouse/Ulster didn't offer much competition allowing us the top seed by 5 points!

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 21:48
The way we are playing and the team ethos we have, i feel we could play anybody, bring it on, I'd take Wasps, Leinster and Toulon next season... I mean that would be an awesome group,

Adey (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 12:16
I wouldn't take Pests purely for the fact there's better places to visit than Coventry!

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 19:53
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
The way we are playing and the team ethos we have, i feel we could play anybody, bring it on, I'd take Wasps, Leinster and Toulon next season... I mean that would be an awesome group,

I'll hold you personally responsible of this happens!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 10:40
There's splendid seafood in La Rochelle!

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Saracens Poll

THE PREMIERSHIP FINAL WILL BE BETWEEN:

See results > Submit >>