rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TIME TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS

Latest: SALE SHARKS 29 : 22 SARACENS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS Fri 17th Nov 19.45
Aviva Premiership, Kingsholm
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Fri 17th Nov 2017 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

sup
Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:07
Saracens team to face Exeter Chiefs

15 Alex Goode (230)

14 Chris Ashton (117)

13 Marcelo Bosch (96)

12 Duncan Taylor (101)

11 Chris Wyles (226)

10 Owen Farrell (c) (151)

9 Richard Wigglesworth (185)

1 Mako Vunipola (118)

2 Jamie George (172)

3 Vincent Koch (15)

4 Maro Itoje (74)

5 George Kruis (136)

6 Michael Rhodes (56)

7 Jackson Wray (172)

8 Billy Vunipola (77)

REPLACEMENTS

16 Schalk Brits (202)

17 Titi Lamositele (46)

18 Petrus Du Plessis (158)

19 Jim Hamilton (75)

20 Schalk Burger (25)

21 Ben Spencer (100)

22 Alex Lozowski (31)

23 Mike Ellery (40)

Re: sup
Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:09
Looks like Brad was broken last weekend.

Still not bad lol!

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:09
Ellery? oh dear.

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:11
Quote:
viewfromthe22
Ellery? oh dear.
with cacti the thoughts, I hope under no circumstance he has to come on

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:12
15 Phil Dollman
14 Jack Nowell
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 James Short
10 Gareth Steenson (capt)
9 Stuart Townsend
1 Ben Moon
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis
5 Geoff Parling
6 Kai Horstmann
7 Don Armand
8 Thomas Waldrom
16 Jack Yeandle
17 Carl Rimmer
18 Tomas Francis
19 Mitch Lees
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Will Chudley
22 Henry Slade
23 Michele Campagnaro

JO'G (IP Logged)
Quote:
viewfromthe22
Ellery? oh dear.

I do find it odd that a player good enough to go with England to Argentina isn't good enough for our bench

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Huxley (IP Logged)
Good team, I do worry about the defence in the Backs when Brad isn't playing, but Faz should lead it well. Nothing against Ellery, but I wonder how he gets on the bench over Earle. Watch Ellery score the winner now!

Waldo (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:13
Perhaps they are saving Brad for the final ! (Sm100)

1 chicken , 2 chickens , 3 chickens ..........

https://www.omlet.co.uk/images/originals/Chickens-Chicken_Guide-A_Flock_Of_Free_Range_Chickens.jpg

VR1997 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:13
Poor response Viewfromthe22.(Sm102)

We should support ALL of our players regardless.

london pride (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:18
I think we always play much better when Brad is in the team.This will be a close one.Not for the first time this season, this has made a tough game even tougher.A lot depends on how they have recovered from last week.Still,the coaching staff know exactly what they are doing. C'Mon you Sarries.

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:19
Quote:
VR1997

+1

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Sully08 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:24
The story is more about Brad than our 23 who has enough big game experience to bring onto the pitch if required.

Brad will be missed - the more you watch highlights from last week the more the impact you see he had. But with 22/23 from the European cup winning team we are in pretty good shape for this weeks challenge.

Huxley (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:26
Quote:
london pride
I think we always play much better when Brad is in the team.This will be a close one.Not for the first time this season, this has made a tough game even tougher.A lot depends on how they have recovered from last week.Still,the coaching staff know exactly what they are doing. C'Mon you Sarries.

I noticed that Dai Young said Wasps have been at their worst when they've had a weeks break, I wonder if us playing last weekend will mean we're up to speed earlier on than Exe. From what I've seen of them this season, they tend to grow into games, so might benefit us. This is going to be a hell of a task either way, and who ever gets to the final will deserve it.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:27
Is Tompkins injured? I know Lozowski and Wyles could cover centre but with Taylor fragile I thought he'd be on the bench.

Missing Figallo, Barrington, Fraser, Barritt and Maitland leaves the bench a little weaker but still a decent 23!

Rupes (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:40
will you please stop posting pictures of your back garden on here Waldo?! (Sm158)

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:44
Quote:
VR1997

I do, and have done for a very long time. Doesn't prevent me from expressing my concerns over a player who i think weakens the squad. Was only a recently an entire thread was dedicated to Mike, one i didn't contribute to. I have never, nor would i, criticize a player who has a skill set i have never possessed, i just don't think he's right for us.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:00
Whats wrong with Earls?

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:01
We have enough to win this, I too would have had Tompkins on the bench over Ellery, but that said in Mark we trust! Come on you Sarries!!

london pride (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:18
Quote:
Huxley
Quote:
london pride

I noticed that Dai Young said Wasps have been at their worst when they've had a weeks break, I wonder if us playing last weekend will mean we're up to speed earlier on than Exe. From what I've seen of them this season, they tend to grow into games, so might benefit us. This is going to be a hell of a task either way, and who ever gets to the final will deserve it.

I do hope you are right Huxley,at this end of the season games can hinge on one mistake or one brilliant bit of play.Perhaps I'm clutching at straws, but every one seems to be talking about home advantage, who knows, the pressure and the moment might just be to much.

Waldo (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:29
If only my back garden was that big Rupes !

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:40
Quote:
Waldo
Perhaps they are saving Brad for the final ! (Sm100)
1 chicken , 2 chickens , 3 chickens ..........

https://www.omlet.co.uk/images/originals/Chickens-Chicken_Guide-A_Flock_Of_Free_Range_Chickens.jpg

Ah the countryside.........!

Presumably this is what Nandos look like before they are processed?

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:15
Isn't Denis a flanker rather than lock? Slade on the bench is a surprise. They'll miss th go forward of Hill.

Really sad that Brad is missing; also puzzled as to where Nick is.

Adey (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:46
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Whats wrong with Earls?

Ineligible. He plays for Munster.

bargepole (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:48
Quote:
Huxley

Sarries have done well, after a bruising encounter with Clermont, to have 22 of that 23 matchday squad available a week later. So we'll see whether Saracens, who rarely get caught once they get a lead, can hold out against an Exeter side who usually get better the longer the game goes on. Could go either way.

It will be a fascinating hors d'oeuvre before the main course at 5:15.

Wasps supporter and ex-player since 1964

JO'G (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:54
Quote:
bargepole

Sarries have done well, after a bruising encounter with Clermont, to have 22 of that 23 matchday squad available a week later. So we'll see whether Saracens, who rarely get caught once they get a lead, can hold out against an Exeter side who usually get better the longer the game goes on. Could go either way.

It will be a fascinating hors d'oeuvre before the main course at 5:15.

I've had a nice bet on Tiggers for this one - at 4/1 they are good value

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Sully08 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:55
While the other semi will be attack v defence this match between two great teams moulded by two impressive DoR's over many seasons of growing success will be a fascinating watch.

Ask Exeter fans who would they have from our 23 in their side and I reckon most would stick with what they have got because of how they fit within their team ethic. And I think it would be a similar answer for the same reason for us Sarries fans too.

Travelling down this afternoon in nervous anticipation of a great match tomorrow.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:59
This is set up for a fantastic contest. As many have said with reference to Clermont and Europe, if we had to cede passage to a Premiership club, Exeter would be my choice. Great respect for what Rob Baxter has achieved but obviously hoping that we don't and suspect it will be the Pests again. Rugby the game that just keeps giving....

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:44
It will be a great game. I think we have enough.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:26
Clermont are a significantly stronger team than Chiefs - all due respect etc. As we have pretty much exactly the same team as last week all we need to do is play with the same intensity and to the same standard and the rest should take care of itself. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net