rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TIME TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS

Latest: SALE SHARKS 29 : 22 SARACENS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS Fri 17th Nov 19.45
Aviva Premiership, Kingsholm
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Fri 17th Nov 2017 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Good article on Maro
AB (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 08:53

Re: Good article on Maro
Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 09:14
"The victory in Wellington on Saturday meant he has started seven games on New Zealand soil at Test, representative and age-grade level and picked up seven victories. Which is just extraordinary."

Extraordinary indeed.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 13:59
Great article, he is a special player and i'm just happy he plays for us, he has had as good a start to a career as anyone i can remember

Innings (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 16:32
I have to remind myself that at AzP home games next season we shall be watching a third of the Lions side that started the 2nd test.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

SaintED (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 17:05
That's a rather depressing thought for your opposition sad smiley

Any feeling for if they will be rested when they return rather than start the season as normal?

Innings (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 18:21
I think the Sarries coaching team tend to play it according to need. Some players expect to be up for selection in every game, others need time to recover after the big tournaments. Farrell and Itoje seem to fall into the first category.

Innings

04 July, 2017 18:42
Quote:
SaintED
That's a rather depressing thought for your opposition sad smiley
Any feeling for if they will be rested when they return rather than start the season as normal?

I think it depends on the player SaintED, I think Kruis will play much sooner than the rest as he had quite a long time off last season, mako also and jamie as he has not had the workload odf Itoje and Farrell. I think Maro and Faz will only start to play towards the end of September/start of october as maro after this tour will have played close to 40 games this season

Innings (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 12:15
Or try this eulogy in the Telegraph:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Innings

SaintED (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 13:01
Barnetsarrie he's a very impressive guy but I think around 30 rather than 40 unless I am getting my time frames wrong. Even 30 considering the amount of high level games is incredible going.

05 July, 2017 14:16
Quote:
SaintED
Barnetsarrie he's a very impressive guy but I think around 30 rather than 40 unless I am getting my time frames wrong. Even 30 considering the amount of high level games is incredible going.

[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

SaintED, I saw it in the Rugby paper in the article above, it talks about how many players would get over the 32 game season limit as Genge had already played 31 before going to Argentina and Mako, Maro, Sinckler,Daly and Dan Cole are the others.

Considering the number of games those guys have played and i guess, they will have played about 5, i think they will have gone over that number, we need to give Faz, Mako and Maro especially as much rest as possible, they will get the standard 5 weeks and i think a couple of weeks more should be given to them. I don't think we will see them in rugby contact training before end of August at the earliest, most likely start of september.

SaintED (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 16:22
Unless I misread it the article says the other players are likely to not that they had already hit that number. I wouldn't take the interwebz as fact but when I looked at statbunker it looked like the third test would be his 30th game in all competitions but maybe it missed something? They have Genge on 32 games including one Pumas tour game.

Not really quibbling that he has played a lot of rugby but close to 40 games would be a cause for concern as however young and fit he is that is a ridiculous amount of rugby.

05 July, 2017 17:09
Yeah you are right SaintED, that is most likely the case, maybe i misread the article myself, 40 games is a hell of a lot of games, 30 games is still a lot like you said and he probably would have played more if he did not get injured during the AI's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net