rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TIME TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS

Latest: SALE SHARKS 29 : 22 SARACENS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS Fri 17th Nov 19.45
Aviva Premiership, Kingsholm
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Fri 17th Nov 2017 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Spoiler alert Lions
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 09:21
Well done to the lions a huge effort incredible physicality!!

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Re: Spoiler alert Lions
The Bard (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 09:42
What a game. How on earth did we get anything out of that? I'm absolutely drained after just watching!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 10:08
If anybody didn't know Owen Farrell has ice coursing through his veins.....they do now!

I think most pragmatic observers would have been more than happy with a draw at the beginning of the series. I certainly am!

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 11:10
Roman Poite isn't going to be on Kieran Reid's Christmas card list for a while

The Bard (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 11:25
You could just as easily argue he won't be on Sam warburtons after the first one he gave them. It looked accidental so scrum the right decision.

King Zak (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 17:58
How often does Anthony Watson slip over???

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

SaintED (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 19:42
He needs longer studs. Surprised he didn't get the message in the first two tests as this has been a theme through them.

riverlodge (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 22:30
Quote:
King Zak
How often does Anthony Watson slip over???

^^ Very much this. And dangerous if he stays on his feet, mores the shame.

King Zak (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 10:10
There was a point in yesterday's game when Farrell took a quick tap penalty on halfway. The ABs were completely disorganised and there was a massive amount of space down the right hand side. Faz's pass wasn't great but Watson yet again slipped over before running going anywhere. Chance blown!!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

The Bard (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 12:22
Think that was more down to the pass than the boots in fairness. Not sure what happened to faz's passing yesterday, way off his usual standard. But completely made up for by that final kick. What a man!

SaintED (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 14:20
I though Farrell had as poor a first 40 since his 50th cap game and the pass which was intercepted was especially bad. I am firmly in he camp that wants him as England 10 and sees him as an upgrade to Ford is most ways but performances like that won't help.

His kicking under pressure and that marvellous turnover saving graces.

batfordboy (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 15:49
Feel a bit sorry for Farrell who is indisputably a 10 being forced to play 12 where in my opinion he never looks particularly comfortable.looked much happier when Sexton went for HIA and he was able to move to 10 albeit for a short time only.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 17:11
Quote:
batfordboy
Feel a bit sorry for Farrell who is indisputably a 10 being forced to play 12 where in my opinion he never looks particularly comfortable.looked much happier when Sexton went for HIA and he was able to move to 10 albeit for a short time only.

Strange I thought the complete opposite. In the first test he looked flustered at 10. At 12 he has that extra few seconds and looks a lot more confident against top teams.

QUIN KONG

The Bard (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 18:22
I suspect when he plays 12 for England he is still very much the senior partner, but with Sexton (and Murray) in tandem he is less sure of his role.
But for all those who say that X would have done better, this was by far the biggest game anyone from the British Isles has played since the 2003 World Cup so there can be no evidence to make that judgement on.

batfordboy (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 18:23
Agree Quin Kong but he had no front foot ball to operate with in the 1st test and I think most 10s would have struggled

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 20:49
Let's face it, Faz is a marmite player....but, particularly among the pundits, more are joining the ranks of those who rate him than those who hate him.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 06:36
He may make mistakes he may try the odd thing where we go oh god, but ultimately he has the ability (now) to overcome any negative and make the most important things (eg that final kick) look effortless, that a sign of a top quality player he is the majority of the time Mr Reliable and I too believe he plays better when in 10 at club and European level, but for some reason he works at a 12 at International level, I'd like to see him more at 10 at International level as I believe he could bcontrold the game better and he hasn't really been given that opportunity at International level

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 08:20
Quote:
Roger G
Let's face it, Faz is a marmite player....but, particularly among the pundits, more are joining the ranks of those who rate him than those who hate him.

I'm not sure he's at all Marmite amongst any pundits. It tends to be just the odd lunatic fan. As for him and Ford - I'd prefer to see Ford at 10 yet I think Farrell is the first name on the team sheet and simply has to play regardless.

TOKS (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 09:13
Quote:
#wolfpack

What a lovely touch to have Kevin Mealamu present Kieron Reid with his hundredth cap after a Lions game. Why not go the whole hog and have Umaga and Mealamu present the award jointly with footage of the BOD spear tackle simultaneously playing on the big screen.

I mean I know they never see any fault in themselves but the do the NZ rugby authorities ever think anything through?

flyingsniffer (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 09:27
Well, I can assure you that Keiron Read's presentation an his somewhat reluctant acceptance speech was witnessed by lots and lots of Lions supporters and very few All Blacks equivalents. After the final whistle on Saturday it was like being at Franklin's Gardens when the Saints are losing. I wanted to ask if there was a fire alarm.

AlanE (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 12:07
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
#wolfpack

What a lovely touch to have Kevin Mealamu present Kieron Reid with his hundredth cap after a Lions game. Why not go the whole hog and have Umaga and Mealamu present the award jointly with footage of the BOD spear tackle simultaneously playing on the big screen.

I mean I know they never see any fault in themselves but the do the NZ rugby authorities ever think anything through?

I thought exactly the same, TOKS. Was it just me or did Me-alarm-you look embarrassed to be there? I loved the Umaga comments earlier in the series which morphed from a surprised 'Haven't we moved on from this yet?' to 'I don't think people are ever going to forget it.'

Right at last, Tana.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 12:13
There's the full match available now on YouTube. The provider is 'Rugby2017'.

It's much better than SKY's content - No Stuart Barnes!

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 14:48
Wow, there are some bitter people on here!

RugbyMarvel (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 07:58
I've written up some thoughts on 5 potential bolters for the 2021 tour to SA.

‪[rugbymarvel.wordpress.com];

Hope you enjoy. Who would your 5 be?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net