rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TIME TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS

Latest: SALE SHARKS 29 : 22 SARACENS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS Fri 17th Nov 19.45
Aviva Premiership, Kingsholm
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Fri 17th Nov 2017 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sinckler
TOKS (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 08:34
Arrested

Despite the usual apologists getting arrested is...err...getting arrested.

Perhaps he needs to stay off England's radar until he has learnt to control himself. After all, self-control is as important as actual ability in rugby union. However, it seems to be a long-term problem and the most worrying aspect is that he seems to find it all rather funny.

During the tests he couldn't wait to start fighting. I do hope he has the temperament for top-level rugby but at this stage I'm not at all sure that he does.

Re: Sinckler
tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 10:36
Saw the report this morning but decided it could be a case of the NZ media looking for a Lions' misdemeanour. He does appear to be a hothead (is he mentored by Marler?) and does always appear to be looking for a fight, but on this occasion you can imagine someone having a go at him to make a headline. It wouldn't be the first time.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 10:52
Hmm - I suspect that he was at least as much sinned against as sinning from reading the article. I rate Sinckler - he's got a lot about him that I like in a prop

ninjafez (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 11:07
im sure it was absolutley nothing, it took faz a little while to cool his temperment after a year when he properly joined the first team

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

mfc (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 11:14
..... is a great prospect.

Not cautioned after being investigated by the police, nothing to see move on.

Would have him at Allianz all day

Huxley (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 12:03
I'm disappointed in Sinckler, after an 11 month season he goes out to celebrate drawing with the best team in the world, and he can't even get cautioned! Rugby tours of the past would have been deported!

Innings (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 12:46
IIRC he started his career at Battersea Ironsides, a club that was disliked forty years ago for its culture, on and off-field. You can take the boy out of Battersea...

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

SaintED (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 14:06
One of the stars of the tour for me and seems like a nice bloke with just the right amount of edge. He'll need to keep it under control but this is a case of nothing to see. Arrested but released without charge so again, nothing to see here.

Innings (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 22:48
A solid player, and was an excellent finisher, but did that make him a star of the tour?

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 22:55
Come on it's not much different to a boozy night down in Luton or some other town really, Drunk and disordly people get arrested all the time for it, he got done for it, probably nothing more to it, I don't think he deserves to be banned from International rugby, a fine from the RFU would suffice, Hopefully he will learn from this experience, he is a quality player and has bags of potential, Quins have a goodun there!

ballsout (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 01:26
Quote:
TOKS
Arrested

Perhaps he needs to stay off England's radar until he has learnt to control himself. After all, self-control is as important as actual ability in rugby union. However, it seems to be a long-term problem and the most worrying aspect is that he seems to find it all rather funny.

During the tests he couldn't wait to start fighting. I do hope he has the temperament for top-level rugby but at this stage I'm not at all sure that he does.

Get a life

TOKS (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 09:48
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
TOKS
Arrested

Get a life

Oh, the irony.....

SaintED (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 16:30
Quote:
Innings
A solid player, and was an excellent finisher, but did that make him a star of the tour?

More than a solid player IMO and yes for me it did because there's a bit of "Boys Own" about his story. He surely never expected to be called up and yet grabbed the chance with both hands. By all accounts, he was an exceptional tourist and went down well with the locals.

Everytime he came on he made a significant impact and the energy he has a similar energy to Itoje for me in that he lifts those around him with his enthusiasm.

warwick5763 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 07:54
I thought it was traditional for someone to end up in the harbour. poor show

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 16:51
We were impressed by him when he came on in the Tests - yes, a bit of edge and aggression - but that was OK actually - he is a prop after all; thought he did well overall and deserved his chance. Loved the bobble hat he wore whilst warming up.Seeing him stomp about with a faintly ridiculous hat on was oddly reassuring!

The Bard (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 16:56
Sinkler involved in a disturbance? You'll be telling me next DFS have got a sale on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net