rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"BACK IN KRUIS CONTROL"

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 13 : 57 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS V OSPREYS Sat 21st Oct 19.45
Allianz Park ECC
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Ospreys BT Sport 2 19.30
Sat 21st Oct 2017 BT Sport2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Euro champions cup fixtures?
KLsarries (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 06:45
Anyone got any idea when the fixtures will be announced for the first few rounds of the champions cup?

Re: Euro champions cup fixtures?
Stacky (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 09:12
It's normally Mid August, so hopefully in the next week or so.

KLsarries (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:45
Thanks

King Zak (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:15
It appears it's now scheduled for 3pm!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

primavesi (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:04
Now on the website.

Sunday afternoon just before xmas for Clermont away.

[www.epcrugby.com]

What a naff group this year.

mrangry (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:08
Away to Stains 15th Oct 5.30
Home to Ospreys 21 Oct 7.45
Home to Clermont 12 Dec 3.15
Away to Clermont 17th Dec 4.15
Ridiculous time for Ospreys, and not too got at Franklins. Yet we are the champions!

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:19
Home to Saints last could work to our advantage if they perform like last season and are out of QF contention by then.

Huxley (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:20
Putting the champions on at the times that attract the smallest TV audiences, for rugby, seems an odd choice.

TOKS (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:38
Quote:
Huxley
Putting the champions on at the times that attract the smallest TV audiences, for rugby, seems an odd choice.

No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.....

Emphasis on the last three words!

I'm very happy that we are the current holders and that rugby fans will always have an enjoyable day out at our stadium (once they get to it!).

Huxley (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:06
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
Huxley

No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.....

Emphasis on the last three words!

I'm very happy that we are the current holders and that rugby fans will always have an enjoyable day out at our stadium (once they get to it!).

Yes, but regardless of that, If the EPCR want to create more revenue through advertising and increasing viewers, both at games, and on TV, then they surely want to get the big draw teams in the prime spots? A game like Munster Vs Leicester deserves better than 7.45 on Saturday night too.

Foxtrot Echo Zulu (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:25
Amazingly Beneton Rugby, one of the worst ranked teams in the comp has four Saturday afternoon kick offs in rounds 1-4.

Sat October 14, 2017 at 5.30 pm Bath Rugby vs Benetton Rugby
Sat October 21, 2017 at 16.15 Benetton Rugby vs RC Toulon
Sat December 9, 2017 at 13.00 Scarlets vs Benetton Rugby
Sat December 16, 2017 at 14.00 Benetton Rugby vs Scarlets

mrangry (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 17:05
Perhaps the tv rights are shared so the Italians get a say in when their club is shown. Whatever it is another smack in the teeth for the current Euro Champions who are not seeded and are given poor times. Though to be fair it seems that there are a lot of wierd times. Too much tv seems to be the cause, and I suppose they must get money from somewhere, so the EPCR is to blame all round. What will happen if the S.A. teams get involved I shudder to think.

Rolls (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 17:52
I think Mr Angry means 10th December for the Clermont home game, even the EPCR wouldn't be so dumb as to put us at 3.15 on a Tuesday afternoon! Well, they wouldn't, would they....?

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 20:07
Sunday evening away fixtures for both Saints and Clermont are not very travel friendly for Sarries supporters. Could hardly be worse really.

Clermont on a December evening just doesn't have the same appeal as Toulon on an October afternoon. Going to give that a miss.

King Zak (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 23:21
I do wonder why we want to play Clermont back-to-back??

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

JO'G (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 08:20
With little travelling distance to Northampton making that games at the most idifficult time seems a sensible option for everyone else. You will be able to get home after the game

In terms of the match order, we have the best chance for maximising our point collection. Clermont away to Ospreys in the first fixture for them is a banana skin.

Whilst Sunday afternoon in Clermont is not great; the loss of 1/2 days income on Monday isn't great, but at least travelling down on Saturday will be easy and fun.

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

lechef (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 10:22
To a dedicated fan, surely it doesn't matter when the games are played

CB1959 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 13:08
And if you look at when we are on Sky vs BT, its a clean sweep for BT. Anyone not able to attend won't have to listen to FAtBoy's drivel.

JO'G (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 14:42
personally I would prefer that Sky did all the Sarries matches - which means the one's I'm not attending will be on BT Sport

Park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 16:18
As a resident of the isle of wight now I cannot attend as many as I would have in the past, however I am definitely down for Clermont at home I'm even happier it's a Sunday afternoon as well but I can see why the appeal would be lost on some fans, I wish I could attend more but I cannot justify ferry costings

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 18:35
Quote:
JO'G
personally I would prefer that Sky did all the Sarries matches - which means the one's I'm not attending will be on BT Sport
(Sm154)thumbs down

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:17
Not happy with days & times but will orobably attend all 6 group games!

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Zider Graham (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:42
Annoyingly can't do the Saints away game, going to see everyone's favourite German, Henning Wehn in Kettering at 7pm. Bloody 5:30 kick offs!

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

JO'G (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 16:47
just checking the other fixtures and it appears Lyon are playing Toulouse on the Saturday evening

Since I'm going to Lyon by train then changing for Clermont, might well stay in Lyon overnight Saturday and watch that match before rolling on to Clermont on the Sunday morning

Park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net