rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 18:16 SARACENS
Next: THAT'S ALL FOLKS UNTIL NEXT SEASON!
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

"Team culture issues"
Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:01
Anyone care to guess what Manu's done now?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: "Team culture issues"
Dave Berko (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:08
Alcohol related according to Beeb news

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:09
According to the guardian, it was for drinking

[www.theguardian.com]

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:09
Indeed, it appears that the "culture" in question was yeast...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 12:10 by Pimpernel44.

primavesi (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:40
Quote:
Pimpernel44
Indeed, it appears that the "culture" in question was yeast...

(Sm152)

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 13:00
Will he never learn! What a wasted talent.(Sm26)

Innings (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 13:16
That's the trouble with hype from people like Eddie Jones. He probably meant it as an encouragement to Manu and a hurry-up to the the people who have been wearing the shirt more recently. Instead the comment went straight to the boy's head and brought out again what seems to be a streak of irresponsibility that is anathema to the coaches.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 14:01
Quote:
Innings
That's the trouble with hype from people like Eddie Jones. He probably meant it as an encouragement to Manu and a hurry-up to the the people who have been wearing the shirt more recently. Instead the comment went straight to the boy's head and brought out again what seems to be a streak of irresponsibility that is anathema to the coaches.

I'm not sure how Jones can be blamed for this, he messed up so goes home. 'Team Culture' makes it sound like he got back to the hotel 1 minute past curfew rather than being out till 3am vomiting in the back of taxis and swearing at the police.

sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 10:59
I feel that he should be allowed to get his head down and get a good run of games under his belt before he is even considered for England, he has spent so much time injured recently that the Tigers should be his only focus. Oh and whilst we're on the subject please can the commentators let him play and not refer to his England chances at every opportunity!

JO'G (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:10
He should be ignored until his 5th consecutive start. At that point we might think he wasn't broken

If during those 5 starts he showed a glimpse of his old form ten well make a fuss

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

warwick5763 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:36
Its just a shame for any young man to get carried away by drink. He is supposed to be an elite athlete so he needs to say "I am not drinking this season" and I am sure good things will come of it if he sticks to it, aint that right Danny ? .

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:50
It's mildly amusing to think they both went out till 4.30am prior to the only contact session of the weekend. Imagine how good they would be (and difficult for the opposition) if they did those sessions with a full and sober nights sleep!!

Innings (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:23
IIRC, Dolph42, he got back at 0430. It seems improbable that this was one minute after curfew, and in any event, there probably isn't a curfew as such, because Jones has often made clear that he doesn't nanny his players by setting limits and rules, he expects them to understand that sort of thing as adults. If they need to be told when to go to bed, they're scarcely the decision-makers and leaders that he wants.

No professional in any walk of life can go out on the Town, get back at 0430 and then perform at his professional best at 0730 (or probably much before midday). MT has his priorities, and they clashed with Eddie's, which was a foolish thing to happen, because Eddies decides who gets to be in the changing room. I don't want the pilot of my plane exhausted when he's flying me abroad, and I don't want a hungover surgeon operating on me. If you aspire to be the best you can be, live accordingly.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Saracens Poll

How many tests will the lions win?

See results > Submit >>