rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"SALE INTO THE SUNSET"

Latest: SARACENS 41:13 SALE SHARKS
Next: WORCESTER WARRIORS v SARACENS Fri 29th Sept 19.45 Sixways
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Wasps BT Sport 14.30 Sun 8th Oct 2017

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Tickets
Westrock (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:39
Has anyone received their season tickets or LDH tickets yet?

Re: Tickets
Roger G (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:48
LDH don't usually arrive till 7-10 (or less) days before the day. If they don't arrive no need to panic as HQ are very good about issuing replacements to collect at the gate. Anybody who turns up with your originals will get short shrift from the stewards.

Also no need to panic about STs as they're not needed till late September anyway.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 09:47
Unless it's a new ST they usually just re load the previous seasons

Roger G (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 10:42
Quote:
viewfromthe22
Unless it's a new ST they usually just re load the previous seasons

They used to say that but IIRC have issued new ones for the last couple of years. Also my STs for last year have got "Membership 16/17" printed on them. I'm expecting to get new cards but will pitch up with the old ones if I don't get them.

saladboy (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:25
I was told at the gathering last, new season tickets were going to be sent out soon. Whether or not that includes the 20 to spend in the club shop, I'll wait & see as it seems a bit random.
Tried to spend mine, but it hasn't been loaded on to my account where as my fellow season ticket holders had !
The girl at the season ticket holder table, didn't know why

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 09:40
No sign of this season's parking permit either.

JO'G (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 11:44
just FYI my 20 is on my Saracens shopping account and I've not received a new Season Ticket and I'm not expecting to

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 18:43
Today i bought additional tickets for the Wasps game and was told the season ticket (new card) will be issued to us by the end of this month...

winnie10 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 22:46
Do we have to pay for LDH tickets or are they 'free' as part of the season ticket package?

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 07:33
Quote:
winnie10
Do we have to pay for LDH tickets or are they 'free' as part of the season ticket package?

It's a home game so they are part of the season ticket, but you do have to claim them. The position of our allocation is, as usual, lamentable!!

JO'G (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 08:56
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
winnie10

It's a home game so they are part of the season ticket, but you do have to claim them. The position of our allocation is, as usual, lamentable!!

disagree with this - for the last 5 years I've sat on the halfway line, bottom tier. Same sort of position as my seat at AzP

However, I bag my ticket in May normally as soon as the option comes up on the fish. The day I did so there were at least 500 tickets available in that same block

Park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Westrock (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 10:52
Quote:
JO'G
just FYI my 20 is on my Saracens shopping account and I've not received a new Season Ticket and I'm not expecting to

Why are you not expecting a season ticket ?

winnie10 (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 11:06
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
winnie10

Thanks. Haven't seen any reminders, so am a bit behind. Suppose I'd better get my act together and claim them then! Don't seem to be able to do that online, so I guess I'll have to call and hope there's someone there to help me out.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 12:53
I rang the ticket office yesterday to claim my season ticket seats at HQ.

All lower tier at one end of the ground.

Will be posted out on Friday.

Season tickets due to be sent out at the end of the month.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 09:51
LDH tickets this morning so they're out there ...

Westrock (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 11:17
Yes my LDH tickets arrived in the post this morning

Stacky (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 08:17
Hi All - I bought a couple of extra tickets for the LDH but my friends have just realised that they have double booked and won't be able to come now.. Very annoying!!

Anyway, I got the tickets through Sarries and they are therefore in the Sarries section in the stadium and are right on the halfway line (Block L25 Row 12). The tickets should have been 60 each but I got them at the discounted STH price of 45 each. Therefore if anyone is interested in the tickets for 90 for the pair, then send me a message and we can sort out all the details etc.

Innings (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 12:28
Tickets arrived, certainly among the worst seats in the stadium. Not what might be expected for a top-price ST replacement from AzP. But then, they have my money already, so why expect any better?

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

5.JonnyComeLately (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 22:22
Quote:
Innings
Tickets arrived, certainly among the worst seats in the stadium. Not what might be expected for a top-price ST replacement from AzP. But then, they have my money already, so why expect any better?

Did you book early? Price tier similar to your st?

twitter.com/cjonesy77

Roger G (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 08:36
My AzP seats are on the 10m line. I booked relatively early and the best I could get was back of the lower tier behind the posts. If we did have better seats in our allocation and the club have sold them rather than reserve them for holders of equivalently positioned STs then shame on them!

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 11:15
Quote:
Roger G
My AzP seats are on the 10m line. I booked relatively early and the best I could get was back of the lower tier behind the posts. If we did have better seats in our allocation and the club have sold them rather than reserve them for holders of equivalently positioned STs then shame on them!

Given that Sarries are now very much in the driving seat for the LDH I imagine that the club was not depending on anyone else for an "allocation" and could've allocated itself pretty much any seats it blooming well fancied.

So, as you say, shame on them, and this discussion has sealed my decision to skip the LDH fandango yet again. I was wavering, but no more.

VR1997 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 11:50
Ordered mine by phone as soon as the club advised they were available to season ticket holders.

Got my 5 seats on the 10 metre line(M32) middle tier.

Advice. Order early you have a better chance of getting a decent seat.

Roger G (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 16:46
Quote:
VR1997
Ordered mine by phone as soon as the club advised they were available to season ticket holders.

Perhaps ST holders should just be sent their tickets, in an equivalent position to their STs, rather than having to "claim" them. I've paid for tickets on the 10m line and shouldn't then have to join a phone queue behind people who may be bringing multiple guests (which must've happened for all the best seats in our allocation to sell out), simply to get what I've already paid for.

JO'G (IP Logged)
27 August, 2017 10:34
There was a move by EG at Wembley to 'reserve' the two blocks either side of the bobby moore seats just for season ticket holders. He ended up having to backtrack on it because of the large numbers of season ticket holders who brought guests. They complained that they could only get rubbish seats when they were increasing the club attendance.

I keep an eye on the availabilty of tickets for the LDH and the 'other' game and dive in as soon as they are online. THe day I booked my LDH ticket (halfway line three rows from the front) there were around 200 tickets available in the middle block and at least 1,000 up to the 10 yard line.

Park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Roger G (IP Logged)
27 August, 2017 12:04
Quote:
JO'G
....They complained that they could only get rubbish seats when they were increasing the club attendance....

That doesn't sound like a good reason to pi$$ off the ST holders who have already paid for those tickets. Maybe a well publicised "priority period" during which ST holders could be guaranteed that they would get seats equivalent to their AzP seats would be an idea.....unless of course the club don't care about keeping the loyal ST holders happy. Hmm!!

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 07:12
Can't make the opener anymore sad smiley
I have a spare in M31 if anyone is interested PM me. Would obviously be smashing to get face value for it but more important that someone gets to enjoy it so let me know if interested.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 06:18
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
VR1997

Perhaps ST holders should just be sent their tickets, in an equivalent position to their STs, rather than having to "claim" them. I've paid for tickets on the 10m line and shouldn't then have to join a phone queue behind people who may be bringing multiple guests (which must've happened for all the best seats in our allocation to sell out), simply to get what I've already paid for.

^^^^^^
This

JO'G (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 12:41
you could have a simple change to only allow Season Ticket holders to claim their own tickets (no extras) for the first month

then after that the same current free for all on extra tickets

The extra spaces we get allocated at Twickenham would mean those 3k Season ticket holders who just came themselves would all get decent seats much reducing the disparity

Park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 15:15
you could do that but those STHs who want to bring others would just wait until they could book all together. I dont get why people are complaining everyone gets the same notice to book the tickets when they are available and its not like we arent used to having to do it each season as we are the home team each time

Westrock (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 17:08
New season tickets arrived today yippee

TOKS (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 17:38
Quote:
JO'G
you could have a simple change to only allow Season Ticket holders to claim their own tickets (no extras) for the first month
then after that the same current free for all on extra tickets

The extra spaces we get allocated at Twickenham would mean those 3k Season ticket holders who just came themselves would all get decent seats much reducing the disparity

As a ST holder who brings others I think that's an excellent idea. Leave the first month free for those that just take themselves and then after that those who bring non STs can see what's there. It takes us a month to get numbers together anyway! We booked about two months ago and still got pretty nice seats on the diagonal between north and east towards the back of the lower tier. 34 of us this time (of which 11 STs) and so you just have to take what's going.

Good thinking, Jeremy. I'd endorse anyone if they presented that idea to the club.

maynas (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 10:53
New "Be A Saracen" season ticket arrived today on my birthday, how did they know?

AP (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 14:34
I didn't claim promptly but still got four in M33 on the centre line, almost right at the back but the view was excellent and we weren't fried by the sun.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 15:34
Ours arrived today too - now we just need our car park ticket and we're set! Looking forward very much to our first trip of the season to AzP.

Stacky (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 16:43
Is anyone else still waiting on their season tickets?

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 17:02
Arrived yesterday. Don't suppose ours were the last issued, so others are still coming presumably.

TOKS (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 17:46
I believe they do it in alphabetical order. Our surname starts with a "P" and we got ours yesterday.

Mr and Mrs Aadvark don't know how lucky they are (Sm151)

Stacky (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 18:03
Well hopefully the S's will arrive in the next day or two then, Thanks guys.

Bboonie (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 16:06
No sign of a 'B' yet.................

Waldo (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 17:21
Quote:
Bboonie
No sign of a 'B' yet.................

Here's one.......
https://image.pbs.org/poster_images/assets/00100410041_1Hv2q0V.jpg.resize.710x399.jpg

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 19:59
Quote:
Stacky
Is anyone else still waiting on their season tickets?

Yup and if it's alphabetical-delivery I may not get them until the new year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2017 17:55 by OldMarovian.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 20:36
Nothing yet for 'T'

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 21:09
White with two sugars when it arrives please PhillFez smiling smiley

Roger G (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 07:34
A couple of days ago I came across the letter that came with my parking ticket last year (no idea why I still have it). It was dated 9th September....no need to panic yet if tix haven't arrived.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 17:30
Quote:
OldMarovian
White with two sugars ...
My sense of humour to a T 😉
Considering I renewed parking and season tickets back before the end of the last season, one begins to wonder if it is a false memory without the renewed tickets! 😱

PhillFez (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 12:39
Well T arrived today but my ST is now a membership card and declares I'm over 65 ! I was hoping to keep that quiet winking smiley. My parking pass has been changed to a load of one-off paper vouchers - how can that be an improvement?
And I've been demoted from Dr to Mr so I am really feeling appreciated (Sm161)

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 19:03
Who provided the feedback that resulted in the paper car parking tickets? We weren't asked for our opinions as car park users and certainly don't regard the paper version as an improvement. The laminated one was great as it couldn't get mislaid or caught up in other paper (too big, too inflexible)and couldn't turn into a pile of tattered shreds (as my newspaper tokens have a tendency to do after a few weeks); also would have thought the paper version was easy to copy and hand around to all your friends as well..or are the perforations in each ticket supposed to prevent that? Most odd. Presumably cheaper to produce though.

Stacky (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 11:28
Pleased to say that my new cards turned up this morning.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 11:35
Me too.

"Be a Saracen"? can anyone allay my concerns that I might turn up for matchday looking forward to watching the game but end up hooking between Mako and Koch? I have the ballast but I fear little else to contribute ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net