rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TIME TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS

Latest: SALE SHARKS 29 : 22 SARACENS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS Fri 17th Nov 19.45
Aviva Premiership, Kingsholm
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Fri 17th Nov 2017 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Saracens Support at HQ
Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:27
Apparently we sold over 18,000 tickets for the game yesterday - way more than anyone else.
And our support was definitely the noisiest and most visible
So well done everyone - wouldn't it be great if we could get 18,000 every week??????

Re: Saracens Support at HQ
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:40
We commented there were loads more Sarries there than any of other teams!
London Irish possibly second on list
Quins hate this fixture but its not too far for them to travel!

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

McSaracens (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:07
Very encouraging. That said it should be noted that Saracens gave away 10 thousand tickets to the wmergency services which would bring the total back to 8k or so. In any case a fair effort from Sarries.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:21
Quote:
Darraghgirl
wouldn't it be great if we could get 18,000 every week??????

I am ok with someone on my shoulders but my lap is where I artfully balance my burger/match program/beer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 10:22 by OldMarovian.

03 September, 2017 10:40
Quote:
McSaracens
Very encouraging. That said it should be noted that Saracens gave away 10 thousand tickets to the wmergency services which would bring the total back to 8k or so. In any case a fair effort from Sarries.

I thought if we 'sold' 18k tickets that is amount sold & then we gave away 10k on top?

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

nicsue (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 13:52
Before I start, this is a query and not a moan.

We were sat in L22 which we thought was a Saracens season ticket holder area. However, there were London Irish and Quins fans in the row in front and Saints fans a few rows behind. Any idea how this happens?

Waldo (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:50
I think they mixed it up a bit - same around us in L 18 - I expect they don't want obvious empty sections in the stadium should the supporters of the 1st 2 teams not stay until the end of the 2nd game.

Fezzes Are Cool (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 16:31
Quote:
nicsue
Before I start, this is a query and not a moan.
We were sat in L22 which we thought was a Saracens season ticket holder area. However, there were London Irish and Quins fans in the row in front and Saints fans a few rows behind. Any idea how this happens?

Tbf, when I was a St holder I would have loved that. I see the double header more as a festival of rugby with fans from lots of teams attending and love the good natured banter. When I was a St holder I missed the banter aspect.

AP (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 16:34
It was mixed in M33 and thereabouts too. I agree that it was a plus on the whole.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

colinmiddx (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 20:30
When I booked in L26 it was two row available two rows not all the way up the block. I presume the other rows went to Irish.

VyvyansNo1Fan (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 06:59
Its a Ticketmaster thing as I understand it.

For games that are unlikely to sell out it seems they keep back rows of tickets, usually every 5th row or so in cheaper blocks. This makes them available for sales direct from TM as well as via club websites.

That's what I was told anyway...

JO'G (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 08:34
pretty annoyed at my ticket for Twickers. I booked on the first morning when they were available - clicking an end of row in the block directly on the half-way line three rows back right by the exit. Perfect for match watching and slipping out for refreshments.

My ticket never arrived, so picked up a replacement from the ground. Then told my seat didn't exist and sat amongst the 100 club corporates. Still a pretty good seat on the 10 yard line, but soulless as most of the supporters around me seemed more interested in photo opportunities with the players sitting around us and just in front.

I actually sat next to 2 Saints supporters; how he got into the Sarries 100 club seats is a mystery to me

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

The Bard (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:05
Quote:
McSaracens
I thought all those policemen and nurses were stag dos!

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 18:53
Well 18k very happy sarries then

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 07:57
Quote:
McSaracens

But assuming that the bulk of those tickets were used, this would make the non-freebie attendance less than 50,000 for the third season running. A few years ago the LDH was pulling in 60-70K.

It's particularly surprising this season with (i) excellent weather and (ii) no premiership chavball over the weekend.

primavesi (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 08:33
Attendance was bound to fall off when Wasps left. It is still a very good crowd for 2 league games and hopefully some of the people who were given free tickets will want to see more.

JO'G (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 08:34
you wonder if a number of those ex-Wasps supporters have joined Sarries now we are winners

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

05 September, 2017 12:31
Quote:
JO'G
you wonder if a number of those ex-Wasps supporters have joined Sarries now we are winners

I doubt that very much Jeremy!
Probably watching Harrow or Wembley rugby clubs!

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 16:20
Quote:
primavesi
Attendance was bound to fall off when Wasps left.

They were hardly a well-supported club when they were in London Buckinghamshire!

primavesi (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 09:47
The had a lot of London based fans who wouldn't bother trekking out to Wycombe but would go to the LDH.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 10:35
We'd need some more double decker buses to keep people happy with becoming extremely well acquainted with their fellow fans. perhaps a few sitting on top of the stands?

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 12:45
I've really hated the LDH in previous years. I hate Twickenham with its overpriced industrial beer and the event was always a damp squib with a half empty stadium, no atmosphere and half the people there not interested in the game they are watching.

But this year I found myself enjoying it! Yes, the sun shone and we were brilliant. But most of it was down to having a decent attendance with engaged supporters. Well done Northampton and Irish for that (my impression was of not many Harlequins but maybe that was where I was sat).

But if a lot of it was down to 10,000 tickets given away and 18,000 sold then I say well done to the Saracens Marketing team and commercial management who are being lambasted elsewhere on this forum for being incapable of growing our supporter base.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net