rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
3 LOSSES IN A ROW - BECOMING A HABIT?

Latest: GLOUCESTER RUGBY 23 : 17 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v EXETER CHIEFS Sun 26th Nov 15.00
Aviva Premiership, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Exeter Chiefs
Sun 26th Nov 2017 BT Sport 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Team to play Bath?
McSaracens (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 11:54
Had a quick look in the press and couldn't seem to see any indication that the Sarries Lions will be back to play Bath. Wondered whether we expect any changes vs Bath, obviously expecting Kruis to be ruled out with the potential to see Tolofua and possibly Williams and Farrell enter the fray?

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Re: Team to play Bath?
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:28
Read that Skelton could be in squad

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 13:24
Probably not a lot of change. I assume the second row is the most likely candidate but unless Skelton is fit we may have to play Maro again. If Mike Rhodes is OK to start and say Conlon comes onto the bench that's another option. Isiekwe is a fully fledged 1st team player now IMHO. Absolutely zero concerns about him starting at all.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 14:30
I'd rest Maro if possible... I'd probably go with Skelton and Dom Day in lock with Isiekwe on the bench, maybe bring Tolofua on the bench for Scott Spurling, (nothing against Scott, just want to see Tolofua)

In essence a team like:

15. Goode
14. Maitland
13. Taylor
12. Barritt c
11. Wyles
10. Lozowski
9. Wigglesworth
8. Wray
7. Burger
6. Rhodes
5. Day
4. Skelton
3. Koch
2. Brits
1. Barrington

Replacements
16. Tolofua
17. Thompson - Stringer
18. Figallo
19. Isiekwe
20. Conlon
21. Spencer
22. Bosch
23. Earle

Should be good enough to beat a tough bath Team

Huxley (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 14:50
Understand that Mako did the media preview of the game today with Smally, so might be an indication that he'll play. Smally said that Nick had impressed against saints, so wouldn't be surprised if he starts as Will will possibly only make the bench. He also said the lions were chomping at the bit to play, so we might see a few, although Maro was exhausted after the weekend.

Graeme D (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 22:52
Having see the size - ie waist size not height of Will Skelton at Bedford , would have thought he was a long way from being match fit. Arrived with a broken arm from Aus as well.

AlanE (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 05:27
Kevin Sorrell referred to him at the SSA event (week after Bedford) as 'Big Will' but went on to say 'We are trying to get him down to just Will'.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 10:30
I think we'll see all of the other 4 Lions in the squad, but maybe just Williams starting. Good to hear that Kruis is only a few weeks and that Billy will be back for this game or next week. Aside from the other above I would change Rhodes for Maro, start Isiekwe with Conlon on the bench, assuming as reported Skelton is still not fit. Maitland looked a bit banged up at HQ so I'd start Williams on the wing instead of him.

Waldo (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 16:46
Bath Coach Tabai Matson says Bath have to raise their game to a new level . to play us.

He also is quoted as saying "They are champions of Europe but not champions of the Rec".

I would probably beg to differ on that ! We have played Bath 36 times since 1997 They have only won 12 of those .

Of the games where they have been the home team there have been 18 , 2 were drawn and they have won 6 , we have won 10. On that tenuous basis I would say we are the Champions of the Rec.......probably .(Sm13)

SarrieGirl (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 14:52
If it was me, I would bring Mako & Jamie back in this week as they didn't play the full-80 in all 3 Lions Tests.

Then v Newcastle, I would add Farrell & Williams to the bench.

Then v Sale at AP, I would start the lot of them & build towards the first European match !

malco (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 17:09
We have a huge problem at tight head. Kane Palma-Newport suffered a season ending achilles rupture against Leicester. We have Henry Thomas, Max Lahiff, Shaun Knight and Craig Mitchell all missing injured. We have convinced Anthony Perenise to step out of his zimmer frame and he will start. We are scouring the planet in search of somebody else to cover from the bench. If we can't get anybody it will be an academy player.

The Bard (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 17:16
That's awful for Palmer-Newport, he was looking pretty good before he came off (with the exception of the beard!)

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 17:43
Quote:
SarrieGirl
If it was me, I would bring Mako & Jamie back in this week as they didn't play the full-80 in all 3 Lions Tests.
Then v Newcastle, I would add Farrell & Williams to the bench.

Then v Sale at AP, I would start the lot of them & build towards the first European match !

Re Falcons game in US.. not sure if they will do the same as against LI and save some players from the travelling... I do realise some were held back in the England camp..

Saracens: Goode; Ellery, Tompkins, Barritt (capt), Wyles; Mordt, Spencer; Barrington, Saunders, Figallo, Smith, Hamilton, Rhodes, Burger, Wray.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

CT (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 18:11
Were any players saved from travelling for that match? England had a match the same day, Brits was banned and Hodgson was injured.

AlanE (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 20:31
And wasn't Alex Goode flown out from the England camp (from which he had been released) in Nigel's private jet?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 11:13
He was indeed AlanE what a way to travel 😉

malco (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 11:18
Your opponents:

Anthony Perenise will make his first Aviva Premiership start for Bath Rugby since re-joining the Club this summer against Saracens at the Recreation Ground tomorrow, kick-off 14:00.

The tighthead prop replaces Kane Palma-Newport in the starting line-up, who was injured during last weekend’s 23-27 victory against Leicester Tigers at Welford Road. The Samoan international is joined in the front row by Beno Obano and Tom Dunn.

Luke Charteris and Elliott Stooke continue in the second row, with captain Matt Garvey, Francois Louw and Taulupe Faletau making up a formidable back row.

Rhys Priestland, who scored 12 points from the boot last weekend, lines-up at fly-half alongside his half-back partner Chris Cook.

Fresh from a try-scoring double in the East Midlands, Max Clark will be looking to continue his impressive start to the campaign at inside centre, with Jonathan Joseph wearing the number 13 shirt for the visit of the European Champions.

Semesa Rokoduguni, who scored a 70m solo effort against Leicester, starts in the right wing with Matt Banahan on the opposite flank and Anthony Watson at fullback.

Unavailable for selection: Dave Attwood, Ross Batty, Nathan Catt, Tom Ellis, Charlie Ewels, Max Lahiff, Shaun Knight, Kane Palma-Newport, Henry Thomas, Jeff Williams

Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers

15. Anthony Watson

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Max Clark

11. Matt Banahan

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Anthony Perenise

4. Luke Charteris

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Matt Garvey (capt)

7. Francois Louw

8. Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16. Jack Walker

17. Nick Auterac

18. Scott Andrews

19. James Phillips

20. Paul Grant

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Freddie Burns

23. Ben Tapuai

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 11:57
Quote:
malco
Your opponents:

(Sm8)(Sm6)

08 September, 2017 12:11
Quote:
AlanE
And wasn't Alex Goode flown out from the England camp (from which he had been released) in Nigel's private jet?

he almost single handedly won us the game that day, so I'm glad they did!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 09:02
Quote:
malco
Your opponents:
Anthony Perenise will make his first Aviva Premiership start for Bath Rugby since re-joining the Club this summer against Saracens at the Recreation Ground tomorrow, kick-off 14:00.

The tighthead prop replaces Kane Palma-Newport in the starting line-up, who was injured during last weekend’s 23-27 victory against Leicester Tigers at Welford Road. The Samoan international is joined in the front row by Beno Obano and Tom Dunn.

Luke Charteris and Elliott Stooke continue in the second row, with captain Matt Garvey, Francois Louw and Taulupe Faletau making up a formidable back row.

Rhys Priestland, who scored 12 points from the boot last weekend, lines-up at fly-half alongside his half-back partner Chris Cook.

Fresh from a try-scoring double in the East Midlands, Max Clark will be looking to continue his impressive start to the campaign at inside centre, with Jonathan Joseph wearing the number 13 shirt for the visit of the European Champions.

Semesa Rokoduguni, who scored a 70m solo effort against Leicester, starts in the right wing with Matt Banahan on the opposite flank and Anthony Watson at fullback.

Unavailable for selection: Dave Attwood, Ross Batty, Nathan Catt, Tom Ellis, Charlie Ewels, Max Lahiff, Shaun Knight, Kane Palma-Newport, Henry Thomas, Jeff Williams

15. Anthony Watson

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Max Clark

11. Matt Banahan

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Anthony Perenise

4. Luke Charteris

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Matt Garvey (capt)

7. Francois Louw

8. Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16. Jack Walker

17. Nick Auterac

18. Scott Andrews

19. James Phillips

20. Paul Grant

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Freddie Burns

23. Ben Tapuai

The 'scouring' for a tighthead seems to have turned out alright. Scott Andrews has 13 caps and is only 28.

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

malco (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 11:25
He has been converting to hooker for Cardiff because he has been recognised as a weak scrummager.

Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
malco
Your opponents:

15. Anthony Watson

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Max Clark

11. Matt Banahan

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Anthony Perenise

4. Luke Charteris

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Matt Garvey (capt)

7. Francois Louw

8. Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16. Jack Walker

17. Nick Auterac

18. Scott Andrews

19. James Phillips

20. Paul Grant

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Freddie Burns

23. Ben Tapuai

The 'scouring' for a tighthead seems to have turned out alright. Scott Andrews has 13 caps and is only 28.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net