rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"SALE INTO THE SUNSET"

Latest: SARACENS 41:13 SALE SHARKS
Next: WORCESTER WARRIORS v SARACENS Fri 29th Sept 19.45 Sixways
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Wasps BT Sport 14.30 Sun 8th Oct 2017

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Tuilagi out for 12 weeks
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 09:45
Well according to BBC Manu Tuilagi needs another operation on a different knee and could be out for 12 weeks ... Maybe he's another one who will be unlucky with injury or maybe he's being rushed back to quickly... He always seems to miss a significant part of the season... I wish him a speedy recovery but a bit like Fraser he seems to be on the sidelines more than playing in recent seasons

Re: Tuilagi out for 12 weeks
Huxley (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 10:04
I heard a doctor saying that his injury problems may have something to do with the amount of pressure his body is under from his muscle mass and the power he puts through his joints. Don't know if that's true or not, but I hope they can find a solution as he's a hell of a player.

beshocked (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 10:12
Unfortunately I think it's only a matter of time before he retires.

Another injury to Manu is just business as usual.

Seany Boy you are right - not much different from Will Fraser who sadly had to retire.

07 September, 2017 11:32
You've just got to feel sorry for the bloke, his record is horrific:

September 2013: Out for six months after injuring his chest in a Premiership match against Newcastle.

September 2014: Injures his groin in second league game of the season. Misses three games.

October 2014: Out for 15 months after a recurrence of groin injury in Champions Cup match versus Ulster.

April 2016: Injures knee in Champions Cup semi-final defeat by Racing 92.

May 2016: On his first game back, injures groin in Premiership semi-final against Saracens. Misses England's tour of Australia.

September 2016: Out for two months with a damaged groin in first league match of the season.

January 2017: Injures right knee seven minutes into league match against Saracens and is ruled out for the season.

JO'G (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 12:09
sad but not unexpected. feel sorry for him and hope this operation is the last

The eggchasers were discussing if Tiggers ultimate backline will play that often this season - it didn't do that well against Bath of course.

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

beshocked (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 12:27
Quote:
JO'G
sad but not unexpected. feel sorry for him and hope this operation is the last
The eggchasers were discussing if Tiggers ultimate backline will play that often this season - it didn't do that well against Bath of course.

Just shows that those players who are available all year round are generally more valuable than those who aren't.

Look at Saints - Hartley played more for England than Saints last season and he's their captain!

Sarries have got to where they are because of the squad - the likes of Wyles,Wray,Rhodes.

Also it's obviously useful to have players like Goode,Barritt and Wigglesworth not being picked for England so they can play for their club.

Manu might be a superstar in his very rare appearances but if he's not playing....

Sarries backline perhaps on paper look less flashy than the Leicester one but it's more reliable.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 14:02
I was about to hop over to the Tigers board to see their take on this sad news about Manu; and they have disappeared. Unlike them not to have enough new articles being published.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 15:26
Quote:
derbyshire fan
I was about to hop over to the Tigers board to see their take on this sad news about Manu; and they have disappeared. Unlike them not to have enough new articles being published.

Interesting, they were up and running early on, lots of worries and lots of we will be there in there abouts

07 September, 2017 16:34
By my calculations Tuilagi will have earned about 50k an appearance over the last three and a bit seasons. I'm sorry the player, but glad this fell through.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
07 September, 2017 18:11
Jumping into harbours is hard on the knees.

630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 13:45
I did see a reply to the news on Twitter asking "Is this a liver injury?"

Bit cruel on a player who can be devastating on his day - hope he's back to full fitness as soon as possible (but rested whenever we play Tigs.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net