rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Contract Expiry Dates
Barty II (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 18:30
After the "we can't afford our Lions" news, I tried to put together a list of who's up for renewal and when, to see where we might be losing out. Trouble is a lot of news simply says that a player has signed an undisclosed term etc.

But here's what I think I've worked out.

(Updates to reflect comments below & announcements as they come)

David Strettle
Richard Wigglesworth
Titi Lamositele
Schalk Burger
Vincent Koch
George Kruis
Mako Vunipola
Nick Tompkins
Maro Itoje
Richard Barrington
Billy Vunipola
Michael Rhodes
Scott Spurling
Marcelo Bosch
Will Skelton
Dominic Day
Chris Tolofua
Brad Barritt
Rotimi Segun
Sione Vailanu
Hayden Thompson-Stringer

Sean Maitland
Liam Williams
Calum Clark
Nick Isiekwe
Max Malins
Alex Lozowski
Ben Spencer
Dominic Morris

Jamie George
Duncan Taylor
Juan Figallo
Ralph Adams-Hale

Owen Farrell

Unknown
Goode, Wray, Lewington, Earl, Whiteley, Gallagher, Conlon, H Taylor, Woolstencroft

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 12:42 by Barty II.

Re: Contract Expiry Dates
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 18:36
Brits is retiring this season, and allledgy Brad Barritt is (the latter is of course only a rumour) Burger will probably retire end of 2018 as Well.

If I had to choose 3 players to leave to save one lions player or Nathan Earle I'd pick Flanagan, Longbottom and Ellery, only on the basis they are top players, would also wish them well for their future, but we have better players in their positions currently...

JO'G (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:16
brad effectively confirmed he has 2 years (this and next) on Twitter

Barty II (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 10:39
Updates:
- Given the rumours around Alex Lozowski I have assumed his contract ends this year
- Nick Isiekwe and Max Malins announced as having signed deals to keep them with us until at least 2020
- Jamie George signs long-term contract extension, to 2021

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2017 11:18 by Barty II.

vunipolae (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 11:41
Hopefully Farrell and George's contracts are a sign of things to come and we can extend krutoje and the vunipolae for a similar time period. Of the players who are in their last season I'd love to see koch stay as he's excellent in the loose and good THs are hard to come by. Also Wiggy has said he wants to play in the next WC so that means he's staying in England and if so I can't see him leaving Sarries

AlanE (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 14:42
If Vincent Koch is slated as 2018 does anyone have any idea when Juan Figallo is out of contract?

Unknown?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 17:35
Quote:
AlanE
If Vincent Koch is slated as 2018 does anyone have any idea when Juan Figallo is out of contract?
Unknown?

Haven't a fig I'm afraid, or only one (gets coat)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Barty II (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:04
Quote:
AlanE
Unknown?

Actually overlooked Figallo, my bad! He signed a "multi-year" deal in January 2016 but no clue as to how many "multi" means

Barty II (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 11:39
Latest update as on another thread

2 year deal for Alex Lozowski, meaning one of those originally on the 2018 pile has been shuffled down to 2020

Barty II (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:03
And now Ben Spencer - 2018 list getting shorter!

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 14:28
From the 2018 list we know Brits is retiring and Flanagan is likely going. I'd definitely like to keep Wiggy, Titi and Koch. Burger and Longbottom I'd keep only for depth and experience.

Barty II (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:56
Updated with latest academy comtract extensions for Ralph Adams-Hale, Dominic Morris & Rotimi Segun

Article on the fish

Essex-Sarrie (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:46
With the current contracts I fear we might lose one or two in 2019.

Brad might be thinking about retirement and possibly Dom too but I would have thought there are some sizable contracts in there might struggle to keep them all.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:22
Quote:
Essex-Sarrie
With the current contracts I fear we might lose one or two in 2019.
Brad might be thinking about retirement and possibly Dom too but I would have thought there are some sizable contracts in there might struggle to keep them all.

I have faith that we will only lose leading players if we have replacements, not least academy players, lined up.

I once had blind faith in Buck Shelford. I hope that I have matured in the interim!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:26
2019 looks tricky. I'd say half we could lose and not be too badly affected. Likely to see Barritt retire too so that leaves us trying to renew 4 Lions (cheekily counting Billy as he would have been) the exceptional Rhodes and Tompkins.

Will be interesting to see Skelton and Tolofua in a couple of seasons time. I'd guess if they go very well there would be concerted efforts by their home Unions to get them back, likewise with Williams and Maitland for the following season.

I'm glad it's not my job to balance our books!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 16:41 by OldMarovian.

Roger G (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:40
Don't forget that Sarries sometimes renew early. I'd be surprised if none of those on the list was extended before 2019.

01 November, 2017 17:36
Potential retirements end of 2019 are Brad Barritt, Bosch, Dom Day and Wyles... However with Itoje hopefully renewing soon, and Williams and Earle and Tompkins we should be ok... We may need 1 more centre but otherwise Saracens are in a good position going forward

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:47
Didn't Skelton sign for 2 years only? Gives him the option to go home and try out for Australia for Japan 2019.

Barty II (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:00
Added Vailanu's 18 month contract - not including Stirzaker though as he's a short term loan

Rif (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:08
Increasingly concerned we're going to lost Koch back to SA. We should be offering as much as we can to keep him, in my opinion.

"My kicking coach tells me to imagine I am on the beach and that's what I did. I tried to be as relaxed as possible because we had the wind in our face and I didn't want to force it." - Marcelo Bosch, 06/04/15

Barty II (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 10:10
Editing to reflect those on their way in and out

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:26
Longbottom is going home, I believe.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Barty II (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:08
Quote:
TonyTaff
Longbottom is going home, I believe.

He is - and he's been brutally removed from the list

ninjafez (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:47
have you added ben earl to the contract list?

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

09 May, 2018 16:04
Wow 2019 is a big season, I'd definitely like to keep the likes of Itoje, Vunipolae (although Billy has openly said he would not rule out a move to Australia after the world cup) Vainula, Rhodes, Tompkins, Kruis, Koch, Tolofua and Segun, and Barrington , the older boys (Barritt Wiggy, Burger and Bosch, Strettle) may well be retiring end of their contracts, then that leaves the likes.of Day Spurling, Skelton (apologies if I've missed anyone) who may or may or not renew

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:57
Sorry, Barty, I have got it now.

We are supposed to look back at the original post!

Keep up the good work smiling smiley

AP (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 20:20
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
Wow 2019 is a big season, I'd definitely like to keep the likes of Itoje, Vunipolae (although Billy has openly said he would not rule out a move to Australia after the world cup) Vainula, Rhodes, Tompkins, Kruis, Koch, Tolofua and Segun, and Barrington , the older boys (Barritt Wiggy, Burger and Bosch, Strettle) may well be retiring end of their contracts, then that leaves the likes.of Day Spurling, Skelton (apologies if I've missed anyone) who may or may or not renew

I guess this is the consequence of the undertainty over financing going forward.Let's hope we see a lot of renewals in the next month or so.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Barty II (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 10:15
Quote:
TonyTaff
Sorry, Barty, I have got it now.
We are supposed to look back at the original post!

Keep up the good work smiling smiley

No problem! Wasn't sure of the best way to do it so though I'd best keep it in the one post.

Ben Earl's contract extension is another making life difficult. Can't find any indication of how long his contract extension is, would say 2020-2021 but that's just a logical guess

Barty II (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:51
Updated with today's news of Juan Figallo and Duncan Taylor extending to 2021

Takes a couple off the unknown pile and adds them to the 'long term' section!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:57
The fish has Ben Earl extending also. I don't know the date though!

Barty II (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 17:10
Yeah ruins my list when they don't let us know how long for! Lewington's contract is also a secret as far as I can tell

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 17:15
Quote:
Barty II
Yeah ruins my list when they don't let us know how long for! Lewington's contract is also a secret as far as I can tell

Just get Mr Earl pished and he'll tell you - he's only 20, so it won't take much!

Barty II (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 07:55
Ha! Sadly I'm not enough of a big fish to have that kind of access to our heroes ;-)

JO'G (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:23
In the past Nigel Wray likes to fund long contracts for up and coming Academy players - tying them in. He has been proud of it with a few glasses of wine inside him

I'd expect Earl to be on 4 years minimum with a promise to upgrade that if he progresses - another 4 year contract this time next year at a higher rate

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 11:16
HTS signed a 2 year contract last year so his will run out end of next season. So another for the 2019 bunch

Barty II (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 12:41
Cheers Flavman!

Westrock (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 19:46
Danny Cutmore going to Cornish Pirates good luck Danny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net