rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"IT'S AN ILL WIND......"

Latest: SARACENS 36 : 34 OSPREYS
Next: SARACENS V LONDON IRISH Sat 28th Oct 15.00
Aviva Premiership, Allianz Park
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Harlequins 14.45
Sun 5th Nov 2017 BT Sport2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

RETURN OF THE MAKO
TheSaracens.com (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 19:43
Thanks OM
"Then to the elements be free"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2017 16:17 by Darraghgirl.

Re: RETURN OF THE MAKO
The Bard (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 20:32
Not sure what the word is on Maitland after his early departure Friday night. With Earle, Wyles , Taylor and Ellery we are unlikely to gamble on his fitness.
Unfortunately I suspect we will see Maro again, if he was getting a rest it would have been last week.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 07:00
Quote:
TheSaracens.com
Thanks OM
"Then to the elements be free"

Does that make you the Prospero of our little "island" smiling smiley

The Bard agree on both counts. Wasn't sure how bad Maitlands knock was but agree there's no need to rik him. TBH don't understand why Maro hasn't been rested for fixtures like Wuss and Newcastle but it feels like playing him this weekend would be a step too far. He's young and fit but even so he needs rest and yet I worry we may well see him in the next couple of games. The coaches know what they're doing though.

AP (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:06
Wasn't there a comment from the club to the effect that there was a plan agreed for Maro with England? If so, it looks like he gets rested for the London Irish and first Anglo-Welsh games, then trots out fresh at Twickenham.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Roger G (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:25
"No plan survives first contact with the enemy....but you still have to have one" (not sure who said that - Eisenhower or somebody like that).

If there was a plan to rest Maro at some point it will inevitably have been compromised/modified by losing three back row players long term.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 14:28
I'd hope Maro doesn't play, he needs a rest I'm sorry but he cannot physically go until November... He is not machine and I rather he not play constantly, not after the season he had last season.. he needs a rest and I'd prefer it to be this weekend so he's ready for Saints next week on Europe

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 19:36
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
I'd hope Maro doesn't play, he needs a rest I'm sorry but he cannot physically go until November... He is not machine and I rather he not play constantly, not after the season he had last season.. he needs a rest and I'd prefer it to be this weekend so he's ready for Saints next week on Europe

For me Seany,Maro has to play!
Agreed he should've had a rest already,but as we have a chance to inflict a fourth defeat of season on a fellow top four contender, he needs to start

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:30
Highbury Saracen do you see Maro being more important against an out of form Wasps this week or against an in-form Northampton next week? surely he can't-do both?

The Bard (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:48
That's the trouble with being arguably the best player in the world, the team is always going to be so much stronger with you in it and you never get a rest

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 21:36
Quote:
OldMarovian
Highbury Saracen do you see Maro being more important against an out of form Wasps this week or against an in-form Northampton next week? surely he can't-do both?

I reckon he'll start sunday & hopefully get taken off HT
I reckon he'll play Saints but maybe not Ospreys

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 02:13
Quote:
The Bard
That's the trouble with being arguably the best player in the world, the team is always going to be so much stronger with you in it and you never get a rest

Maro needs to speak to Gareth Edwards, then!

He demanded so much rest that Cardiff had to pay his understudy!

630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net