rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"IT'S AN ILL WIND......"

Latest: SARACENS 36 : 34 OSPREYS
Next: SARACENS V LONDON IRISH Sat 28th Oct 15.00
Aviva Premiership, Allianz Park
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Harlequins 14.45
Sun 5th Nov 2017 BT Sport2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Osprey's on Saturday night?
maynas (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 22:45
I hope I'm not the only one who a bit fed up with the way games these days are moved to stupid times. 7.45 on a Saturday evening is not when I want to be out at rugby. Getting to the position where away games are easier to attend! May end up selling my platinum season ticket for the evening, if indeed there is a market which I doubt!

Re: Osprey's on Saturday night?
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 06:35
Good luck trying to sell it.... 6 of us can't make it due to KO time... not great. :-(

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Coughie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 06:41

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Coughie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 06:43
Have you got a sister? (Sm100) Said Harvard Winestain.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 07:27 by Coughie.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:27
Sadly the spectator on the sofa is more important than the spectator on the hoof, and it is an annoyance: that time on a Saturday I should already be in the pub or the curry house celebrating another fantastic win, and with the journey home already behind me all bar a short walk. As for the poor travelling Taff, he is faced with either an expensive night in That London, or getting home way after the pubs have shut.

It's a small mercy for us that it's a home game and a Saturday. Last season we had the Sunday night graveyard slot for a game in Manchester, and I recall a few seasons ago Tigers were invited to go to Toulon for the Sunday night slot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 12:18 by Pimpernel44.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:18
TV dictates now adays, it's a professional sport,if your not happy with the slot you could always go and watch x factor or some other cr@p Saturday night entertainment,

Although the KO might not be ideal I'd rather be sat at Allianz Park with a pint cheering on the European Champions than sat at home being bored, although if you cannot make it for conflict of interests or due to child care/prior arrangements I completely understand it, but please don't moan about it just because it it's a late kick off and especially when it's been like this for the past few years,maybe we've been lucky and avoived the late Saturday night slot previously, these things happen

Zider Graham (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:02
I知 going, taking two mates, should get home for about 01:30.

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:57
Quote:
Zider Graham

Early night for you then Rob....

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Adey (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 21:37
Quote:
Zider Graham

Real fans. Good work.

Coughie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 23:28
Yes agreed, but if the Ospreys bring a significant number of Supporters over from South Wales, then these people will be the most real deal of all.

Zider Graham (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 00:04
Quote:
whyisitnevereasy
Quote:
Zider Graham

Earlyish old boy, our local 80s bar is open til 05:00 (Sm63)

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

Zider Graham (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 00:09
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Zider Graham

Real fans. Good work.

Nah, just tight, don稚 want to waste my ST.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 08:11
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
TV dictates now adays, it's a professional sport,if your not happy with the slot you could always go and watch x factor or some other cr@p Saturday night entertainment,
Although the KO might not be ideal I'd rather be sat at Allianz Park with a pint cheering on the European Champions than sat at home being bored, although if you cannot make it for conflict of interests or due to child care/prior arrangements I completely understand it, but please don't moan about it just because it it's a late kick off and especially when it's been like this for the past few years,maybe we've been lucky and avoived the late Saturday night slot previously, these things happen

If staying home bored and watching "x factor" (whatever that is) is what you normally do on Saturday evenings I'm not surprised you love the late kick-off time.

14 October, 2017 09:20
Quote:
Zider Graham
Quote:
whyisitnevereasy
Quote:
Zider Graham

Earlyish old boy, our local 80s bar is open til 05:00 (Sm63)

80? Never mate I wouldn't put you at a day over 60

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 07:23
Quote:
maynas
I hope I'm not the only one who a bit fed up with the way games these days are moved to stupid times. 7.45 on a Saturday evening is not when I want to be out at rugby. Getting to the position where away games are easier to attend! May end up selling my platinum season ticket for the evening, if indeed there is a market which I doubt!

You are Exeter's Tony Rowe and I claim my 」5!

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 13:17
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
maynas

You are Exeter's Tony Rowe and I claim my 」5!

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

"European Professional Club Rugby chairman, Simon Halliday, has pledged 疎n intensive review of kick-off times for the tournament after complaints from several sources"

So there you have it: it's not a fait accompli and it is worth complaining about!

Mac L (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 19:28
I'm not too hassled by the time. I just hope Sarries play with the same attitude as they did the other night at Saints

CambridgeSarrie. (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 21:34
I've a north stand ticket available from an osprey's fan who can't make the game. PM me if interested folks. thanks

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

bluestreak (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 06:37
Morning folks.

Sorry I haven't been as active in the group in the last year. I moved to Lancashire for a girl and it sucked so have recently moved back to Ware.

I'm looking to take my new GF to her first rugby match Saturday night so if anyone isn't going and they sit in a dry bit of the East stand. (Covering all bases haha) I would love to nab your season tickets. I'm ware based but can collect if reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

P.m. if you have any tickets I can take.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 10:02
Looking at the weather its going to be very wet and windy too...

I will be there cheering them on and having the odd pint or two...

maynas (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 10:31
Hope someone from Sarries complains. We can't sell out many matches even good as we are these days so kickoffs like these are not good for the club in the long run. Wonder what the viewing figures are at 7.45 vs 3pm?

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 11:30
Haha, nice try bluestreak! A bit annoying it may be but I'm still going!

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 14:43
Quite understand how getting Home late is annoying for those who live a way away.

On a purely personal note I am really looking forward to strolling down the road in the early evening, having a few pints, watching a game then strolling home. Far better than anything I could have otherwise planned for Saturday evening and it leaves the Day free for all the other things I need to do at home.

Brilliant!

18 October, 2017 15:10
Up at 3 in the morning for a job in Bristol.. .back home to Stoke Hammond about 3ish travel down to the game and get home for 1100ish then up at 3 to be at work in stevenage for 0500. Missed the first 3 games on my season ticket due to work but the late kick off means I can get to Bristol and back and still get to Saturdays .game. So in my case i am grateful of the late K.O.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 15:20
Quote:
Duncan96
Quite understand how getting Home late is annoying for those who live a way away.
On a purely personal note I am really looking forward to strolling down the road in the early evening, having a few pints, watching a game then strolling home. Far better than anything I could have otherwise planned for Saturday evening and it leaves the Day free for all the other things I need to do at home.

Brilliant!

Looking at the weather forecast you may be needing your oilskins with all that strolling!

If I lived within strolling distance of AzP, with the neighbourhood's lamentable lack of pubbage, I'd probably be grateful for something to do of a Saturday evening!

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 13:19
It looks like I may get very wet!
The good pubs in the area are another pleasant stroll away btw. E.g. The Adam and Eve and the Rising Sun

Neville (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 22:33
Its going to be a hard fought game

A real law of the jungle situation!

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 12:49
We're unlikely to make it because some genius has decided that this Saturday is the best evening to shut the M25 northbound for roadworks from 9.00pm. Whilst that won't affect our journey to the ground from darkest East Kent too badly, it may cause delays on the return, either because the south bound will be down to one lane (or something) or we'll have to go the other way round which is always a nightmare. Factor into that Storm Brian (shutting of QE2 bridge likely) and I think we're just going to give up...and worse, we're in an area where power cuts are probable if the weather is even mildly blowy or wet or stormy or just because 'it' fancies it. Not happy.Not happy at all.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 13:19
N. Circular/A12/Blackwall Tunnel/A2 ? Shouldn't be overly busy late on a Saturday.

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 13:53
You say that, Pimpernel, and normally I would agree with you but having taken four hours to get to the Sale match at AzP (and 3 1/2hrs to get back), having to abandon the attempt to get to the Wasps match because the M25 was at a standstill and furthermore, on trying the through London route on one occasion to get back from a gig in Shepherd's Bush at 10.45pm one night not so long ago and taking close on 3hours to get my home near Faversham, forgive me for having a slightly jaded view of current traffic conditions. If the match had been earlier in the day (or my mother-in-law was still with us and living in Harrow)it would have been a different story. We'll just have to move closer to the ground that's all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net