rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
3 LOSSES IN A ROW - BECOMING A HABIT?

Latest: GLOUCESTER RUGBY 23 : 17 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v EXETER CHIEFS Sun 26th Nov 15.00
Aviva Premiership, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Exeter Chiefs
Sun 26th Nov 2017 BT Sport 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

World player of the Year
Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 16:22
Maro and Faz nominated alongside Ioane, Barett and Folau.

That's two years in a row for Faz and Maro being nominated

Re: World player of the Year
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 16:33
Well done to both..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:40
Two ex academy players make the top 5 in the world.....

I must be dreaming...

Fantastic achievement for them and the club.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 13:45
I'd love to see Faz win it this year and Maro to win it next year, or vice versa

Waldo (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:06
I expect it will be Barett

moo-moo (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:27
Quote:
Waldo
I expect it will be Barett

I suspect you are right Waldo. He won last year though so it would be nice to have a different, and not a NZ, player win.

Rupes (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:40
Why not a NZ player? If he's the best in the world (and I don't think Barrett has had a great season btw) then he should win.

My vote of those 5 would be Folau actually, has had a fantastic year.

Ioane (assuming it's Rieko) would be Breakthrough Player of the Year for me, if such an award exists?

I was lucky enough to go to last year's awards, I remember that "Referee Of The Year" was a category. Nominations from this board welcome, no doubt...

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:48
I personally would go for Itoje, a bit biased but he played very well in multiple positions at six nations level and even Jonathan Davis said he should have been named player of tour on the lions tour. To me it should be either him or Folau who has been unreal this year, I don't see Barett winning it, last year he was clearly the best player but to me, the best southern hemisphere player this year has been Folau and even Ioane has been more consistent this year than Barett

primavesi (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 16:57
Barrett cost the All Blacks the series against the Lions with his poor kicking, no way in a million years does he deserve to win it this year.

Farrell for me. Outstanding on the Lions tour, for England and for Saracens. Consistently excellent.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:05
Quote:
primavesi
Barrett cost the All Blacks the series against the Lions with his poor kicking, no way in a million years does he deserve to win it this year.
Farrell for me. Outstanding on the Lions tour, for England and for Saracens. Consistently excellent.

Owen for me too.....he has had fantastic year for England Saracens & Lions
Cant vote for that Itoje fellow as hes only on bench for England!!! smiling smiley

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net