rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SO CLOSE!

Latest:ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE 24:21 SARACENS
Next LEICESTER TIGERS v SARACENS Sun 24th Dec 15.00
Aviva, Welford Rd
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester v Saracens
Sun 24th Dec 2017 BT Sport 1 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sup for Glaws
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:41
15 Alex Goode (240)

14 Sean Maitland (25)

13 Nick Tompkins (65)

12 Brad Barritt (c) (203)

11 Chris Wyles (235)

10 Alex Lozowski (39)

9 Richard Wigglesworth (194)

1 Richard Barrington (115)

2 Schalk Brits (210)

3 Juan Figallo (67)

4 Will Skelton (12)

5 George Kruis (143)

6 Calum Clark (6)

7 Schalk Burger (32)

8 Jackson Wray (182)

Replacements

16 Christopher Tolofua (5)

17 Hayden Thompson-Stringer (16)

18 Vincent Koch (24)

19 Nick Isiekwe (15)

20 Joel Conlon (16)

21 Ben Spencer (111)

22 Marcelo Bosch (102)

23 Nathan Earle (25)

Re: Sup for Glaws
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:43
Not a bad team considering. ..
I think it's going to be a very close game...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:47
Yes now seeing it on paper that is a stronger team than I'd hoped for. I guess we hadn't counted on getting back Kruis and Loz - Nick Isiekwe was always probable. Getting Sean Maitland back as well is real icing on the cake. The away losses at Glaws and Wuss last season were two games that were always going to be difficult but were nonetheless winnable; lets hope this season we can do better.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:49
Gloucester Rugby:

15. Tom Hudson; 14. Ollie Thorley, 13. Billy Twelvetrees, 12. Andy Symons, 11. Henry Trinder; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Willi Heinz (capt); 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. John Afoa; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Ed Slater; 6. Freddie Clarke, 7. Lewis Ludlow, 8. Ruan Ackermann

Replacements:

16. James Hanson, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin, 18. Gareth Denman, 19. Jeremy Thrush, 20. Jake Polledri, 21. Ben Vellacott, 22. Mark Atkinson, 23. Henry Purdy

The Bard (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:10
Feeling far more optimistic about this than a week ago. Still going to be very difficult though.

VR1997 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:28
Another bonus but we also get Tolofua back. Excellent game against Quins in his last run out for us. He will be a big ball carrier when we get to the latter part of the season.

JO'G (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:39
really annoyed that I'm not getting to this match - train only gets me in Gloucester at 19:35 - way too tight

Fancy our chances here with that side. Especially Kruis and Loz with points to prove

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

AB (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:25
they certainly dont have the strongest of sides out especially in the backs

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 14:07
Cracking team, I'm surprised Tolofua is playing but obviously not needed on Saturday and only played 19 mins on Tuesday evening, delighted to see Maitland back.

Away at Kingsholm under the lights makes this a hard match, but I'm being kind in saying IMO that only 1, 2, 8 and 11 from Glaws would make our squad and none of them would start.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 15:53
I like Ackerman but I don't think he would be near the Saracens squad, not with Wray and Billy and Ben Earl up and coming

I believe we can win this and who knows we may even sneak a TBP

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 17:14
Really nice looking squad. Encouraging and that looks like a bench and a half worth of impact with the front 3 in particular all being very strong carriers.

Will be very interesting to see Skelton and Kruis together and delighted to see Tompkins at 13.

COYS

Mac L (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 19:10
I'd be delighted with a win, simples

AP (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 20:34
This is an away match that we should be winning in the international period.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 08:20
It would be disappointing if we didn't win tonight with the side and bench we've put out.

I'm pleased to see Joel on the bench - I think for the first time this season in a proper match? I hope he manages to get himself involved a bit more than we've seen before. Think he's talented and we could have another good player on our hands there, but I'd like to see him be a bit busier around the field.

JO'G (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 08:33
Hoping for the win tonight, but Glaws seem to put up better performances against better sides. Its the games against mid-table sides they seem to not be interested in

also happier to see Trinder on the wing where his mazy runs will be fewer - he is playing really well this season

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 10:58
Not the easiest run of games till the half way mark: Glaws(a), Ex(h), Quins(a) Tiggs(a). With the internationals away for the first couple and the Clermont double splitting the last pair I'd be happy with two wins from the four, 10 points by Christmas. Hopefully the first victory tonight.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 15:50
We should be targeting at least 12 points from these games yes tonight will be tougher next week will be tougher but come December with half of our England boys rested.. I'd be targeting a win at the stoop then the two big European games before Xmas Eve in Leicester.. which could go either way but definitely targeting wins in all of them

Bramley (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 21:09
So Dolph42.... still think only 4 Glaws players would get on your bench?

grunter (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 10:29
Quote:
Dolph42
Away at Kingsholm under the lights makes this a hard match, but I'm being kind in saying IMO that only 1, 2, 8 and 11 from Glaws would make our squad and none of them would start.

A very insulting comment and it has come back to bite you.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 11:21
Why is it insulting - it's an opinion (no expectation of a win). Now we have yours. I don't particularly agree with either but you are both entitled to them. Home games should be won especially with the sort of support there is at Kingsholm. Enjoy it and hope they take it to away games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net