rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
IN SEARCH OF A MIRACLE!

Latest: SARACENS 14 : 46 ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE
Next ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE v SARACENS Sun 17th Dec 15.15 (GMT)
ERCC, Stade Marcel Michelin
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Clermont v Saracens
Sun 17th Dec 2017 BT Sport 2 15.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Next weekend
moo-moo (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:51
So, with 7 players in the training squad for England, 1 Scotland and 1 Wales - plus Billy still out, is it time for some of you posters to get some dubbin on your boots? (Sm100)

Re: Next weekend
viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:56
These days i need an HIA after lacing up the boots. Wouldn't be much help i'm afraid.

moo-moo (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 08:10
Out of interest - and I'm not talking Saracens in particular - can a club refuse to send any more players for internationals if they are in a situation where injury is already resulting in a lack of players at club level?

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 10:02
moo-moo - in short no, not during the agreed periods. For players from the rest of the world this is 3 weeks for the AIs and the five for the Six Nations. For England players the agreement extends to the week before both sets plus the two blank weeks during the Six Nations (4 + 8 weeks).

Possible absentees (hopefully not all): x; Williams, Taylor, Lozowski, Maitland; Farrell, x; Vunipola, George, x; Kruis, Isiekwe; Rhodes, Itoje, Vunipola. 10 starters, 2 bench! Plus Wray?

camerounfred (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 15:36
O Me Miserum

SarrieGirl (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 19:09
Jamie, Mako, Nick, Maro, Owen, Loz all retained by England for the Samoa game.

Leaves us somewhat short of numbers but good opportunity for some of the younger lads to make the step up & show us what they can do.

By all accounts, Owen didn't train with England today so will more than likely be rested for the Samoa match but I imagine the other 5 will all be involved in some capacity...

....which bring me onto the availability of the International players for forthcoming Saracens fixtures - normally we give them the week off following the AI's but do they really need it this year (OF for example will have played 1 match in a month) and can we really afford to ?? Every game leading up to the New Year is a damn tough one !

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Possible absentees:

x; Williams, Taylor, Lozowski, Maitland; Farrell, x; Vunipola, George, x; Kruis, Isiekwe; Rhodes, Itoje, Vunipola.

9 starters, 2 bench! Plus Wray?

Ex missing Slade, Williams, Simmonds.

Interesting England squad. A spare centre (hopefully Faz) and a spare LH (Mako?). Only two back row (plus Lawes) but 5 second row (inc. Lawes).

Since we play on Sunday there remains the possibility of Faz and Mako playing for us.

SarrieGirl (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 20:54
But wouldn’t that go against the whole ‘resting Lions’ idea? Plus they would have had no training time with the club for a month !

Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 08:18
I fear this could be a repeat of the Wasps game 2 yrs ago(Sm136)

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 08:45
Does it mean we play Goode at FH then if England keep both of ours? Nathan Earle to 15 for Sunday?

Thinking about it. Wyles to 15 and Nathan on the wing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/11/2017 08:47 by Wayoutwest.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 08:49
Exeter also missing Francis.

England can't really 'rest' players per se, they can only retain a max of 25 players after Tuesday and like Sara'sman says if 24 and 25 have club games on Sunday they would be available - though more likely a bench option. I think it's likely Faz is one of them and Mako is either on the bench for England or not at all.

jimfitz12 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 09:38
I am pretty sure we will get Mako and Faz back in some capacity, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Eddie and Mark seem to have an agreement going for the next 12 months on management of players and I wouldn't be suprised if we saw Mako come onto the bench and Faz fill in at 10....May be wrong.

I suspect something like this.

Baz
Brits
Koch
Skello
Kruis
Clark
Burger
Conlon / Wray
Wiggy
Faz / Malins
Wyles
Brad
Cello
Earle
Goode

Tolofoa
Mako
Figgy
Flanaghan
Conlon / Earl
Spenno
Tommo
Ellery / Malins

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 09:43
We won't get Faz back we may get mako back.... Which would be good tbh

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 10:59
Is Max ready to play 10 in such an important game? We need to win our home games to keep up with the rest. Goode to 10, Wyles to 15 for me.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 11:44
Surely Goode to 10? Malins definitely not ready for this.

I also fear another St Valentines Day massacre....

22 November, 2017 14:04
Wolfpack chiefs are good, but their defense has been suspect lately, Wyles is unlikely to
play 15, I'd expect to see Gallagher at 15... Wyles and Earle on the wings Goode at 10 and Malins on the bench

Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 16:44
Quote:
Sara'sman
Ex missing Slade, Williams, Simmonds.

Tom Francis with Wales probably as well.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 16:53
Maitland just confirmed as starting against Australia so definitely not being released back to us.

So potentially the absentee list could be...

Mako
Jamie G
Maro
Mike Rhodes
Billy V
Faz
Loz
Duncan Taylor
Liam Williams
Sean Maitland

That is one hell of a team sheet to be not playing for you!

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 17:00
I am really worried about this weekend. We lost last week and the team this week is likely to be weak than last and we are definately playing a better team than Glos.

On other threads there has been talk about the quality of the current crop of Academy players; I'm not sure that it's quality that's the issue but more related to experience. What is certain is that we are severely lacking in depth the back row. With both Billy and Jacko injured we have no number 8s; whilst Burger is a quality player he doesn't give us any go forward. I feel the same about Earl; good player but he needs to improve his power game.

I also believe that we need another open side; we are in the last year of Burger's contract and we need someone to fill his (and Will's) shoes. I hope that the coaches are already working on this...

22 November, 2017 18:39
This might seem insane but why not bring in Steffan Armitage to fill the gap for a season on loan? Because as soon as Rhodes is fit and Billy is back we have the likes of Conlon and Wray and Clark who can play 7

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 20:52
Hell's Teeth have you been on that flavoured vodka Seany-Boy!(Sm124)

Vodka Graham (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 09:24
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Hell's Teeth have you been on that flavoured vodka Seany-Boy!(Sm124)

Whoa steady on TPH, I don’t think it’s even made Waldo talk in that sort of horrible way

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 12:29
Sorry VG- must have been something in the water then.(Sm126)

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 18:33
If Malins has been at 10 in training, I would start him, with Faz at 12 and an experienced centre on the bench.

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net