rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
IN SEARCH OF A MIRACLE!

Latest: SARACENS 14 : 46 ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE
Next ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE v SARACENS Sun 17th Dec 15.15 (GMT)
ERCC, Stade Marcel Michelin
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Clermont v Saracens
Sun 17th Dec 2017 BT Sport 2 15.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sup for Chiefs
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:36
15 Alex Goode (241)

14 Nathan Earle (26)

13 Marcelo Bosch (103)

12 Brad Barritt (c) (204)

11 Chris Wyles (236)

10 Max Malins (8)

9 Ben Spencer (112)

1 Richard Barrington (116)

2 Schalk Brits (211)

3 Vincent Koch (25)

4 Will Skelton (13)

5 George Kruis (144)

6 Calum Clark (7)

7 Schalk Burger (33)

8 Jackson Wray (182)

Replacements

16 Christopher Tolofua (6)

17 Hayden Thompson-Stringer (17)

18 Juan Figallo (68)

19 Mark Flanagan (12)

20 Ben Earl (8)

21 Richard Wigglesworth (195)

22 Nick Tompkins (66)

23 Mike Ellery (43)

Re: Sup for Chiefs
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:37
15 Phil Dollman
14 Lachie Turner
13 Ian Whitten
12 Sam Hill
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Greg Holmes
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Shaun Malton
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Moray Low
19 Toby Salmon
20 Sam Skinner
21 Will Chudley
22 Joe Simmonds
23 James Short

Red Posts (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:39
Ben Spencer in as goal kicker?

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:43
Alex Goode??

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:43
That is not a bad team at all. I'm looking forward to it, come on lads!

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:46
It's going to be a tough game to make your first start; good luck Max!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:53
Huge pressure on Malins in his first premiership start. I'd be more than happy for Spenno to take on the kicking duties a) for his reliability and b) to relieve Malins of some of that pressure.

I watched the recording of the Glaws game last night. We need to cut down the error count drastically if we are to win this game, especially the handling errors.

It would be nice to play Chiefs at anything like full strength to see where we are.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:02
Not a bad side all things considered.

Spenno doing the kicking without a doubt. Anyone else would be a barking decision.

Massive test for Malins here.

That bench of ours isn't filling me with confidence.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:02
We just need to keep Thomas the tank away from the 5 meter line. There was a poster,on quins board i think, with the handle "deadly from 5 yard out". That;s Waldron in a nut shell

VR1997 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:10
Possibly the weakest squad we have put out for a very long time. Only 5 players would have made our starting 15 if everyone had been available. Little impact from the bench.

However I thought the team we put out against Saints at the double header was a losing one
so what do I know.

Doesn't seem as though our club has a very good relationship with Eddie Jones, his selections and travelling reserves have really hurt us.

Maybe we will see late replacements, but I doubt it.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:46
Quote:
Red Posts

Welcome to the mad house Red Posts!

I think you're right though I still feel (hope) we will see a "Cockerill" on Sunday with Faz taking any kicks we manage to secure (and Mako for that last minute winning drop kick).

As others have said, huge opportunity for Max if the team remains as above. He must show better control than I've seen from him so far - curb his urge to keep going for the glory pass/kick. Important that the forwards and Brad keep giving him carrying options and some quick ball. Hopefully the game when Calum shows us his undoubted talent (what has happened to SaintED/SarriedSaint?).

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:04
England Shmingland.
Eddie. You are not my favourite person at all. Steve and Gussy .... go look somewhere else for a change. Stop liking us quite so much.
Pleased for Max - but this could cost us a home semi again.
VR1997 I concur - we will be lucky to win this one with both arms tied behind our backs with a red and white rope.

Harbinger (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:08
Quote:
Red Posts
I would prefer

Ben Spencer has played well so far this season and earned himself a place in the starting 15..!!

(Sm128)

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:35
We always knew it was going to be tough, this is Max's moment, if he steps up on Sunday and has a. Blinder then Faz better watch his back (Sm100)I do hope Max goes well, great to see him start, again the bench aside from wigglesworth isn't the strongest, but you never know, quite I hope we win but looking at the chiefs side I'd be happy with a LBP, and a good performance from the lads! Still anything can happen in Rugby, come on you Sarries

King Zak (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:44
I'll be very pleased with a losing bonus point and preventing them from scoring 4 tries - as long as we beat Clermont twice in December it'll be worth it

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:52
Hopefully it'll be the Faz debut all over again!

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:31
Quote:
Red Posts

Yep. The very same Ben Spencer who kicked the last minute penalty in the LV cup final a couple of years back. V Chiefs no less

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 16:13
Quote:
viewfromthe22
Quote:
Red Posts

Yep. The very same Ben Spencer who kicked the last minute penalty in the LV cup final a couple of years back. V Chiefs no less

The same Ben Spencer who kicked the last gasp penalty for us v Glaws last week to redeem the LBP as well.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 19:24
The same Ben Spencer who is always out first and having kicking practice during the warm up of every game, he's probably our second best goal kicker behind Faz, and as someone said earlier with Ben taking kicking duties means Max will have slightly less pressure on his prem debut

SarrieGirl (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 19:37
Not just pressure on Max for this one, there's pressure on them all to produce a response after the disappointing performance at Gloucester !

Given the absentees, that is still a very strong & capable line-up & I believe in our squad & coaches that they can come up with the goods on Sunday !

My only hope is that most (if not all) our Internationals are included in the team for the next few matches - up to Worcester anyway - it is usually our 'tradition' to give them the first week off after the Internationals but IMO they don't need is this year, especially when you think Farrell has only played once in a month for example.

Got a very touch run of games leading up to Christmas now, need our strongest available team out each week !

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 21:50
Glaws are now in the rear view mirror in 3rd place with tonight's bonus point win over Falcons. Only just goes to show they are much improved this session.

All the more incentive to get that win on Sunday.

Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 11:01
With Faz & Mako not in the England squad can we hope to see them on the Sarries bench?

FezOnaBike (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 11:38
Looking forward to a tight game, hopefully the boys will prevail. Don't forget folks
wrap up warm it's going to be a bit chilly.

C'mon you Sarries follow Rule No.5

'Keepers of the Cog' - Follow The Rules

AP (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 20:54
Mako is suppoed to be on the BT team, so presumably no!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net