rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Plan for Sunday
McSaracens (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 12:43
After last nights defeat what is the plan to try and get things back on track on Sunday afternoon at one of the most difficult places in Europe to visit?

Firstly I wonder whether any changes can be made in terms of personnel? Obviously Billy is still missing alongside Maro but Liam Williams, Michael Rhodes and Duncan Taylor are meant to be close to fitness? Given the current situation I don't see much wiggle room in terms of changing names, however for me I'd like to see Nathan Earle and Ben Spencer start with Wyles dropping to the bench. We need some X Factor in the backs at the moment, Earle looked promising in his cameo. Up front the back row looks unbalanced with Burger and Clark but don't see the options.

From a game plan point of view how do Saracens attack the game? For me it involves aiming to take any points on offer. Given how we are playing Bosch could be used as a weapon from 55m out in order to try and get the scoreboard ticking. IMO something we have really struggled to do in the past few games.

A losing bonus would be a good result IMO, although this team has the pedigree to bounce back.

Come on you Sarries!!

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Re: Plan for Sunday
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 12:47
Pray for heavy snow.
Match postponed until Monday
Put 50 points on Clermont

smiling smiley

Essex-Sarrie (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 12:55
I'd snatch your hand off for a boring death by penalty match right now!

I agree re Earle we lacked pace yesterday and needed a spark. Badly miss Rhodes he has been fantastic since he arrived, his aggression and physicality has been sorely missed in tough games.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 12:56
Stick with the same team...

If that defeat does not see a reaction from that group of players then we really have a problem.

They don't have to win this next one as long as they win the two remaining games with a bonus point.

However, we need to see a positive reaction. A lot will depends upon what the real issue is and sorting it.....

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:07
Our back three have pace but watching the "highlights" watch how many times Faz and Bosch pass laterally just behind/in front/ above/ below the receiving player causing him to slow to receive the ball. When you also add in Bosch and his inability to pass to the player on his outside last night we threw chance after chance.

McSaracens (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:19
Is there a potential to change that WoW? With Farrell and Lozowski likely be at 10/12 maybe Bosch has to come out? Question is who can cover the 13 slot!!

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:34
If fit I would start Tomkins at 12
He dioesnt miss too many tackles!

European champions 2016 & 2017

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:36
Take the points every single time they are on offer and screw scoring tries.

saracens4life (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 14:36
Is Barritt gonna be fit?

Could make a case for changing a few of the outside backs, esp if Liam or Dunc are back fit...

But changes in the backs are immaterial unless we sort out the breakdown/gain line. Vahaamaina and Lee are world class. We lose so much aggression without Maro, Mikey and Billy. I'd start Isiekwe at 6 and either Clark (or Conlon if fit) at 7. Brad to wear 12 but essentially play as a fourth back row.

Scrum is also a big worry. Peel needs to earn his money. He's got two Lions and a Springbok to work with. Slimani's probably the world's best scrummager. Hopefully we can find a way or it'll be a long afternoon!

Big test of character. A repeat scoreline is far from inconceivable unless we front up massively.....

King Zak (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 14:59
Plan for Sunday? Drink and enjoy the Rugby fellowship! (That’s my plan anyway)

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 15:13
I wold assume Brad will not play as the return to play protocols kick in.

I would put Loz at 12 and Tompkins at 13. His tenacity to break the first tackle and his all round powerful running might cause them a few issues.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 15:21
Most of my thoughts on this are covered above already. Like McS, I would start Spenno and Nathan and possibly Isiekwe as well. And for goodness sake take the points when they are on offer & easy. We did this inappropriate kicking to the corner against Exeter and the numbers don't lie, it cost us the game. It is so important to keep the score board ticking over.
We really don't have a lot of options other than that. I suspect it will be another very tough match to put it mildly and will be a test of the top two inches more than anything else.

Le marseillais (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 12:28
Regarding the clash Head to head between Timani and Brad Baritt at the beginning of the match, Sitaleki Slimani will not play on sunday because of a "concussion protocol".
Have you any information about B Baritt ?

ASM Clermont Auvergne supporter

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 12:30
We dont expect Brad to play either

European champions 2016 & 2017

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net