rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Watching Exeter
saracens4life (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:40
As ever, a comparable experience to pulling one's own fingernails out

Re: Watching Exeter
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:17
Not a classic but Chiefs were pragmatic & deserved 5 points!!

European champions 2016 & 2017

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:11
Tricky one to judge.

Ref tried his best to make a game of it by not sending off at least a couple more Saints for repeat infringements in the red zone but even so I didn't find it a hugely convincing performance. 1st against 10th playing a man up for 20 minutes and they wouldn't have nabbed the TBP if Lawes leg hadn't trapped the ball that Yeandle was spilling.

No doubt they're a very effective team and I enjoy watching that sort of game as much as the type of one Wasps, Quins or Glaws can play but despite the margin that wasn't a wholly convincing performance. Having said that, the mark of a good team is winning when not at their best (wish we could remember how!) and on that basis they did well.

Real shame we play them again without both sets of Internationals during the 6 Nations windows although if Eddie Jones was watching he will have hopefully seen LCDs performance and realised that Dylan is as done as this years Christmas turkey so we'll have one less of their top players to face us.

The Bard (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:45
The Northampton lineout was a complete shambles, as was their scrum. LCD look miles ahead of Dylan in every aspect.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:12
The Saints faithful will be tested this season I suspect but they have a great fan base and will pull through. I often wonder what would happen if it were to occur closer to home......

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:45
It did, and the faithful dwindled to around 5,000, as I recall.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:40
A standard Exeter performance. Comfortable going through the phases, clinical from 5 metres out and an excellent lineout and driving maul. But yes, extremely boring to watch. I don't understand why people bang on about their attacking style when more often than not their tries are from a pick and go 1 metre out.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 13:33
What I find boring is that they win every week, score 5 points, so predictable.
Shades of deja vu? grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net