rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HANGING BY A THREAD!

Latest: OSPREYS 15:15 SARACENS
Next SARACENS
Sat 20th Jan 15.00, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Northampton Saints
Sat 20th Jan 2018 BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Well played Saracens
Stopsy (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 16:56
A class above us today.

Re: Well played Saracens
Dave Berko (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:00
Thanks Stopsy. FWIW Johnny May's 2nd card was very very harsh

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:02
Just seen a replay. That was extremely harsh. Should not have been sent off.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:02
A merry Christmas to you and Leicester Tigers Stopsy and all the best for next year.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:09
Quote:
OldMarovian
A merry Christmas to you and Leicester Tigers Stopsy and all the best for next year.

Yes, from me as well.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:19
I really feel for May. A victim of circumstance; I always think the term deliberate knock on belies the fact it is rarely actually deliberate but rather totally instinctive. However in terms of interpreting the law I believe the ref did get it right.

Incredibly relieved to get a hard fought win at last and to keep Tigers out at the end to prevent the LBP was icing on our Xmas cake.

Innings (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 19:59
If you do it, a yellow is pretty much inevitable. If you do it twice, two yellows are the consequence. 2 yellow = 1 red, so not harsh but poor judgement by May. IMHO he knew exactly what he was doing.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

samgibbo (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:18
Reaction based on split second instinct. I don’t think it was sinister play and , despite the laws, he was unlucky.....

The Bard (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:23
Does it have to be a yellow card? I could see it was a penalty but not in the same league as his first one.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:29
It was harsh, but he was never going to catch that ball and by the letter of the law if deemed sinical it's a yellow card, Mako was lucky to be on until the 72nd minute in fairness Leicesters scrum is incredibly powerful

Coughie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:33
And Dan Cole had a very good game...

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

King Zak (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:21
May frequently does the ‘arms outstretched’ to stop the ball being passed. It’s a gamble that sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. The nature of professionalism means that you hone ‘instinct’ into what is acceptable and cut out the silly ‘reaction’. He will need to learn or it could cost him his England place. I know it sounds harsh but that’s what makes winners - those who instinctively do the right think under pressure

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 13:25
Thank you Stopsy.

I do hope Matt Carney's protection team were on hand to help the ref off!

£630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 16:58
Quote:
Innings
If you do it, a yellow is pretty much inevitable. If you do it twice, two yellows are the consequence. 2 yellow = 1 red, so not harsh but poor judgement by May. IMHO he knew exactly what he was doing.

Agree with all that apart from the first sentence. Needs "unless you are playing against Tigers" adding to it. (Not digging at Sarries but other opponents who have been lucky enough to get away with it.)

Great win by you guys today. Totally schooled us in how to kick and chase said kicks.

Just can't warm to Fazlet but do have to admire him as a player.

Forecasts of your demise were a little premature.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net