rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HANGING BY A THREAD!

Latest: OSPREYS 15:15 SARACENS
Next SARACENS
Sat 20th Jan 15.00, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Northampton Saints
Sat 20th Jan 2018 BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Strongest 23?
OldMarovian (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 17:04
With a new years wish in mind I was chatting with a friend earlier about what our strongest 23 would be. All players fit and available and in best form.

Mako, George, Koch, Maro, Kruis, Rhodes, Wray, Billy, Wiggle, Faz, Williams, Barritt, Taylor, Maitland, Goode.
Barrington, Brits, Figallo, Isiekwe, Clark, Spencer, Lozo, Tompkins.

The most interesting thing that came up is neither of us would have two of our more expensive players; Burger and Skelton in the XV although my friend suggested a bench with Isiekwe covering 6/lock and Skelton as lock cover which sounded a good option. Also a mark of how quickly and well Isiekwe has established himself in the 23.

Would be really interested to hear other supporters thought on their 23.

Re: Strongest 23?
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 17:44
That's a ridiculous 23, the only change I might have would be to have Bosch/Wyles over Tompkins but even that is a close call these days and maybe have Burger instead of Clark

I would not envy the team who would be facing our strongest 23.... Usually Quins in March...

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 18:05
Agree Seany and would be happy with any of those changes.

The Bard (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 18:41
Nick Isiekwe is getting perilously close to demanding a starting place! Think Ben Spencer has been excellent the past two weeks and the starting 9 shirt is now a very close call.
How loyal to remain to the senior players is a very big question for the management, particularly if our form dips again.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 18:47
I think Cello did ok sunday & that Tomkins needs more game time.....I also reckon maybe Chris Wyles could do with a break
Difficult to single out individuals though, when whole team has been underperforming!
Maro & Billy & Liam must be getting close to returning to action
At training day tomorrow to see captains run so be interesting to see what levels injured players are at

European champions 2016 & 2017

Paxton sarrie (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 20:44
Promised myself i would join the forum as my Christmas treat so go easy on me please!!

Cannot argue with most selections and certainly on 2017 form i don't think we can argue against Jackson. But in his pomp and at his very best... schalk burger... surely?

And Mr Brits... Jamie wouldn't argue just yet against a fully operational schalla!!

Both guys by the way have been fantastic...love the laid back burger protecting supporters from errant kickers as his warm up routine...brits...just immense.

And that isnt to say the rest don't have their merits!!

duchessmalfi (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:28
I think I would start Brits and Koch together as the two seem to play off each other exceptionally well and, if stating George, then maybe Figallo as well and bring the two Saffas off the bench to hit their running lines against tiring defences...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net