rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

half an hour with Alex Sanderson - what would you discuss??
JO'G (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 13:59
I was very lucky to have 30 minutes conversation with Alex in a bar in Clermont. /what a lovely personable bloke he is; happy to chat to a @#$%& supporter. Unlike most of his fellow coaches who seemed to be uncomfortable around normal people.

Unfortunately, I wasted the opportunity to ask him whether he actually played with hilly and Taine Randell at the same time (FYI - my dream team sarries back-row). He didn't

What I really wanted to do was to pass on an observation I had about our attack in the last 2 yards. Its been rubbish; but I saw South Africa and Sale use a pod standing 5 yards out which diverted the defence and was productive.

If you had 30 minutes with Alex - what would you want to talk about.

Re: half an hour with Alex Sanderson - what would you discuss??
MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:08
Excellent question JO'G, what did he say to your observation?

I would have queried him about what he thinks has happened to our kick-chase in the last 7 games. It used to be a reliable source of territory and pressure for us but we seem to have lost that recently.

JO'G (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:11
Quote:
MyCupRunnethOver
Excellent question JO'G, what did he say to your observation?
I would have queried him about what he thinks has happened to our kick-chase in the last 7 games. It used to be a reliable source of territory and pressure for us but we seem to have lost that recently.

Unfortunately, my observation came into my befuddled brain only after I had returned to the hotel

Waldo (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:12
I would ask him about his favourite cheese.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:19
I had a good conversation with him at Sun in Richmond after England v Australia,and asked him about our failure to convert our pressure into points
He couldnt put his finger on reason either.....
Very nice guy though!!

European champions 2016 & 2017

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:43
I'd ask him if he knew that "irate mojo" was an anagram of one of our finest players?

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:15
Quote:
F-F-F-FEZ
I'd ask him if he knew that "irate mojo" was an anagram of one of our finest players?

Is he mates with "wafer enroll", "mistaken owl ill" and "bully pavillion"? smiling smiley

Graeme D (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:22
I would ask him if the coaches have looked at whether the non use of our full bench in recent matches has any correlation with us going from winning at 65 plus minutes to losing at 80.

Harlequins in particular 4 subs not used - one sub only 13 minutes playing time.

Exeter all used but four of them given less than 10 minutes playing time.

The follow up to that questions would be - are those subs picked but not used considered not good enough for a Premiership match with their current form ?

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Graeme D
The follow up to that questions would be - are those subs picked but not used considered not good enough for a Premiership match with their current form ?

Good question and with the way both Maitland and Bosch have played recently leaving Earle and Tompkins on the bench has seemed an interesting call. Likewise why Mako wasn't pulled after his third or fourth warning. Obviously, there are good reasons but sometimes they don't seem readily apparent.

28 December, 2017 23:05
Bosch has done much better last couple of games

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 23:06 by Highbury Saracen.

28 December, 2017 23:11
During our bad run we could quite easily criticise lots of our players Burger Wyles Wiggy Maitland etc .......I believe the team will now get stronger!

The Bard (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:55
We do seem to have a tendency of loyalty to the experienced players, and you could certainly argue the trophy cabinet doesnít lie!
However Ben S and Nick I have shown how good they are and improved the team when circumstances have forced their inclusion.
Really hope we donít go the way of Northampton and suffer as a result of failing to replace players when the time is right

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:43
I would have asked him if there is a plan to bring Will Skelton up to scratch, and, if so, how many facets does it have and what's the timescale!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:30
Quote:
TonyTaff
I would have asked him if there is a plan to bring Will Skelton up to scratch, and, if so, how many facets does it have and what's the timescale!

Tbf, there does seem to have been real signs of improvement with Will. Another couple of games might show even more.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:55
All players have dips in form Highbury Saracen and Bosch has lots of credit in the bank to use a Lancastrian term but he's likely scores for players outside in three of our narrow losses. A couple of times would be frustrating but understandable but my feeling is he's just not playing heads-up right now.

Agree Jim 55 re Skelton. He's obviously a work in progress but I can see improvement for sure. Likewise Tolofua continues to improve at the lineout and is as good as ever at scrum and in the loose. It's interesting thinking why we might do things differently (see above) but I have confidence in our coaches ability to improve our players and use them when the time is right.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:07
I would ask him if he's willing to take over as DoR when eventually the great Mark McCall moves on to international management (which I feel is inevitable) and in a non Rugby context what he thinks of the Godfather trilogy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net