rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Alan Gaffney to Saints
colinmiddx (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:33
BBC have report that Alan Gaffney is to take interim charge of Saints.

Re: Alan Gaffney to Saints
Waldo (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:47
That's a bit left field - but not a bad shout .

VR1997 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:53
Alan was our Director of Rugby 2006 to 2008.

Very capable and experienced but only stays in a job for 2-3 years.

May bring stability to Saints but would be surprised if he becomes top man for the future at 70. Whatever happens good to see an Ex Sarrie back in the Premiership.

Good luck Gaffs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 11:02 by VR1997.

Waldo (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:03
Gussie has apparently done a couple of coaching sessions at Saints since Mallinder left - I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a hand in this .

AlanE (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:53
Is it my imagination or was Alan Solomons (now at Wuss) our DoR for a short period in the early 2000s? Maybe when Frankie Peanuts was dominating the coaching scene?

If so we will be facing two clubs in the next 4 matches with former Sarries DoRs.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Moaning (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 11:39
Saints have had a few bad seaons and mallender paid the price , its akways the DOR who pays the price .
Only a blind person would belive that DOR,s have along life in sports management.
The cost of failure and minimum success will always end in the chop.!

JO'G (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 13:05
I'll never forget seeing Gaffney arriving at VFicarage road to be introduced. His first action was to walk around measuring exactly how many paces the pitch was wide and long and the depth of the in-goal area

I thought then that this sort of attention to detail was what was missing post Dimes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net