rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sup for Wuss
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:03
15 Alex Goode (246)

14 Sean Maitland (30)

13 Marcelo Bosch (108)

12 Brad Barritt © (207)

11 Nathan Earle (30)

10 Owen Farrell (163)

9 Ben Spencer (117)

1 Richard Barrington (121)

2 Jamie George (184)

3 Juan Figallo (73)

4 Will Skelton (17)

5 Nick Isiekwe (20)

6 Michael Rhodes (61)

7 Schalk Burger (38)

8 Jackson Wray (187)

16 Christopher Tolofua (11)

17 Mako Vunipola (132)

18 Vincent Koch (30)

19 Mark Flanagan (13)

20 Calum Clark (12)

21 Richard Wigglesworth (198)

22 Alex Lozowski (44)

23 Duncan Taylor (109)

Re: Sup for Wuss
sodslaw (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:05
Good to see Duncan Taylor back

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:06
Welcome back Wiggy, Brad and at last Duncan Taylor! GK is rested according to the Fish. The bench is getting back to looking like its old super self!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:10
Wuss......

15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Jackson Willison
12 Ryan Mills
11 Josh Adams
10 Sam Olver
9 Francois Hougaard
1 Ethan Waller
2 Jack Singleton
3 Gareth Milasinovich
4 Donncha O’Callaghan (C)
5 Darren Barry
6 David Denton
7 Sam Lewis
8 GJ van Velze

Replacements
16 Kurt Haupt
17 Ryan Bower
18 Simon Kerrod
19 Pierce Phillips
20 Alafoti Faosiliva
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Jamie Shillcock
23 Perry Humphreys

The Bard (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:13
Thought Wiggy was 6-8 weeks and we'd got a replacement in!
Well we asked for Earle and we've got him, he'll have a job on his hands if the Wuss wingers get into the game as they are both in top form.
Please please let this not be another Wuss banana skin to add to a very long list of others!

samgibbo (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:19
Wuss always significantly more threatening with Hougard at 9.

Great to see Dunc back on the bench.

Confused about Wiggy also? Is it a typo and should it say Whiteley instead?!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:22
Quote:
samgibbo
Confused about Wiggy also? Is it a typo and should it say Whiteley instead?!

on the Fish....

"On the bench both Richard Wigglesworth and Duncan Taylor take their places after returning from injury."

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:41
Skipper is back!
Great to see DT back & wiggy recovering very quickly

European champions 2016 & 2017

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:07
Great to see so many returning players especially drunken sailor! Also like the rotation in the squad but I am sure that won't change how seriously we take this game. Disappointed not to see Tompkins but maybe he has a knock. Will be interesting to see Flanagan as he's a player I know little about. Looking forward to being back at Allianz Park.

VR1997 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:18
Nick Tompkins was always going to drop out of the present squad once Brad Barrit and Duncan Taylor were both fit. He will come back into the squad when the Internationals start. The quality young players we have must bide their time , Nick is a fine example of patience.

Re Marcello Bosch. Only second to Jackson with carries last week and looking much like his old self.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:45
Quote:
VR1997
Nick Tompkins was always going to drop out of the present squad once Brad Barrit and Duncan Taylor were both fit. He will come back into the squad when the Internationals start. The quality young players we have must bide their time , Nick is a fine example of patience.
Re Marcello Bosch. Only second to Jackson with carries last week and looking much like his old self.

Hear, hear!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:12
VR1997 he can be busy as he likes but he needs to start making the right calls when he has men outside him and "numbers" (as Jiffy would exclaim) rather than trying to beat men himself. I'll stop now as it sounds too negative and I do rate Bosch.

I agree Tompkins time will come but tbh a competitive game against Wuss with Taylor to come on from the bench just feels like exactly the type of game that would be a good part of his learning process.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:55
At home with returning top quality players, a try bonus should be a minimum expectation this week, it's great to see Jackson Wray on 187 appearances, he will probably hit the 200 mark before the end of the season, and only 27 I believe so he has lots more to give, just a shame he is not ok Englands radar however that's their loss and our gain

Adey (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:58
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
At home with returning top quality players, a try bonus should be a minimum expectation this week, it's great to see Jackson Wray on 187 appearances, he will probably hit the 200 mark before the end of the season, and only 27 I believe so he has lots more to give, just a shame he is not ok Englands radar however that's their loss and our gain

I’m a big fan of Jackson and he’s one of our most consistent performers every season but he’s not an international standard player. He’ll probably make 300 appearances for us and give his all in each and every one of them but i doubt he’ll every get international recognition.

cwrich (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:11
Once again Jackson was all over the field today but wow ... so good to see Mikey back , deserved motm for everyone in our party at the game today. Hard to know what to make of that performance . The energy levels visibly raised though when the bench came on at 45 minutes, and I suspect the wind was in our favour second half. We seemed to control territory and possession much better. They seemed to break our line to easily for me, and Denton was outstanding.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:48
Couldn't agree more about Mike Rhodes. It makes me realise I just didn't know how much we missed him until he was back. Honourable mentions too for Will Skelton who had probably his best game for us this season and for Ben Spencer....... Not sure why he came off quite so early TBH.

Again relieved to get the win after the half time score and delighted to get another TBP in the end.

As for Wuss I just can't see them going down this season; they're far too good. With another loss today it looks like the writing is on the wall for Irish.

The Bard (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:00
No idea why we reverted to aimless kicking at the end of the first half. Felt defensively the intensity was there but accuracy not. After two good games unfortunately Marcelo was poor, really hope Dunc does not have a concussion issue.
Although Nathan bagged a couple of tries I felt he bounced off too many attempted tackles, and we certainly didn't need Brad reprising his effort against Racing at VR a few years ago when he knocked the ball into the wingers hands!
Attacking wise we were certainly more efficient in the red-zone.

cwrich (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:50
Seemed to me we were more much more direct once Mako and Koch came on ... suspect Wiggy was brought on with a brief to change the point of attack. Not that Ben was having a bad game but we didn't really look like we we were penetrating in the first half.
Agree that Cello seemed quiet again today although I think it was his flick on that created Maitland's try ? To be fair I thought we were going lateral too often in the first half and I don't think that was his fault

The Bard (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:10
I didn't think Owen was threatening the line enough early on, it was always a switchback pass that meant we just moved from side to side.
Michael Rhodes was excellent, he seems to have turned into Sonny Bill Williams!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:10
A win is a win and a TBP one is just what we needed. Luckily gifting them the TBP isn't an issue with them at the other end of the table.

Have to say that Taylor has the worst luck. Hope he's ok after the bump to his noggin.

Would echo the thoughts above. Rhodes absolutely brilliant and a real reminder of what a difference it makes to have a more balanced backrow. I also thought that Spencer was very good and whilst the second half was probably a better performance the tempo, quick ball and accuracy from Spencer at 9 was very good to see. Earle had a decent game, certainly something to build on.

Wasps next week and if we kick the ball away like we did in the first half the game will be over by 40. Great to see some of the passing play with ball in hand and I think with that added ambition you have to accept that passes will go astray occasionally.

The best bits of that game were very encouraging.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net