rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sarries players in England training squad
VR1997 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:56
Our players are in a two day traing squad next week in Bath.

Owen Farrell
Nathan Earle
Jamie George
Nick Isiekwi
Maro Itoji
Mako Vunipola
Billy Vunipola

England squad announced on 18th January and go on a weeks warm weather training 3 days later.

Great chance for Eddie to break our boys.(Sm102)

Re: Sarries players in England training squad
Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:08
Geez, you'd think he'd let them play one match for Sarries before he starts smashing them up.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:12
Well done to Earle. I hope he gets a chance to make his case.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:14
No Loz

European champions 2016 & 2017

VR1997 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:25
Well OM you have been banging Nathan Earle's drum for a few weeks and he gets great opportunities this week with Sarries and with England next week.

I hope he takes them with both hands. I also hope he stays with us because the potential is definitely there.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:33
Happy that Earle gets a chance this week and is included in the squad. I hope he takes his opportunities with both hands. I don't know the full itinerary of the camp but i doubt Maro who has still not been cleared to play by doctors or Billy will be involved in any full contact training. They can do some of the other activities but they won't be involved in any contact session.
What is more interesting is that it seems Nick has moved ahead of Kruis in the England pecking order, Kruis has been playing well recently and i am surprised he is not in there

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:34
So do I VR1997 but like most players I suspect he needs a run of games to establish himself. Realistically he needs to do well in this game to get further chances but I hope if he has a mixed one it doesn't mean he won't get another for two months. Rumours he's off gathering pace but I really hope we hold onto him.

VR1997 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:37
Agree[:wor kid:]

JO'G (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:52
I wonder if Loz was simply lucky to have been around when there wasn't much of an option at 10/12 when he was originally picked. roll forward a year and Francis looks good at 12, Slade seems to have stopped looking like 36. all of a sudden he is just outside the squad, rather than just inside

He didn't shine in Sarries last two games at 12 outside Fazlet either.

I'm concerned that Kruis still hasn't recovered from the confidence basher of being dropped from the Lions. He seems to be lacking in confidence; Isiekwe on the other hand seems full of the stuff. Given his age I reckon he is around 6 months ahead of development over Itoje.

Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:05
Has Jackson Wray ever been called up to any of these kind of training camps...ever?

Always been a great admirer of Jackson and whilst Underhill and the Curry brothers seem to attract media attention, Jackson just keeps getting ignored.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:08
I think Slade still does a pretty good impression of Twelvetrees on a regular basis. No doubting his class but I haven't yet seen a game where he hasn't made a couple of bad mistakes.

It's always interesting how narratives get stuck in the press. Slades kick in the semi-final against us put them in the position to win now every time he kicks it's mentioned. A week later in the final he over-kicked an identical kick also towards the end of the game. Chiefs won anyway so it didn't matter but those are one and the same player. The one who gets you in a vital position under pressure and the one who fluffs it.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:50
Quote:
VR1997
Our players are in a two day traing squad next week in Bath.
Owen Farrell
Nathan Earle
Jamie George
Nick Isiekwi
Maro Itoji
Mako Vunipola
Billy Vunipola

England squad announced on 18th January and go on a weeks warm weather training 3 days later.

Great chance for Eddie to break our boys.(Sm102)

Hi VR1997 - just in case you were thinking of going to watch (through a gap in the hedge) it's at Brighton not Bath (Sm116)

From the Beeb

34-man training squad named by England boss Eddie Jones for a two-day camp in Brighton starting on 1 January.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:43
Quote:
Saint.Kenneth
Has Jackson Wray ever been called up to any of these kind of training camps...ever?
Always been a great admirer of Jackson and whilst Underhill and the Curry brothers seem to attract media attention, Jackson just keeps getting ignored.

I think he's been called up for the Saxons before, but not in the main England team if I recall correctly, However England's loss is Sarries gain in the case of Wray, he's an exceptional talent and pretty much nailed on starter in every game (even when Billy is fully fit)

CT (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:50
Wray was called up to one before the 14/15 season. Don't think he has been called up since then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net