rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HANGING BY A THREAD!

Latest: OSPREYS 15:15 SARACENS
Next SARACENS
Sat 20th Jan 15.00, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Northampton Saints
Sat 20th Jan 2018 BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Small is disappointed.
RustySword (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:44
"Overall we're disappointed with how we played. I thought it was a very patchy performance but there was a period in the second half when we played outstandingly well.

"There were brilliant passages, some proper rugby - but there were too many passages where it wasn't like that.

"It needed to go up across the squad and in fairness it did for 25 to 30 minutes of that second half and it encapsulates our season to a degree."

Can't disagree with any of that. Still, a win is a win and after the last couple of months two on the bounce are very welcome!

Re: Small is disappointed.
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:51
I mean credit due to Wuss for not giving in but when we are 34 17 up we really should no be conceding two tries, we should be putting the game to bed like we did last season, so yes agree with disappointment, but indeed a win is a win

RustySword (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:14
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
I mean credit due to Wuss for not giving in but when we are 34 17 up we really should no be conceding two tries, we should be putting the game to bed like we did last season, so yes agree with disappointment, but indeed a win is a win

Not just last season, last week too! I thought the performance at Welford Road was better than yesterday for ruthless efficiency in closing out a winning position.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:28
The boss is wise enough to portray a certain message to the meeja but I'm thinking there's an element of relief/expectation that we would begin to emerge from this hoodoo and he's going to be making sure it's an upward trajectory through to silverware time. It'll be away form in Europe if we qualify which I expect/hope we will and maybe another encounter with our friends from Sandy Park for the Prem. Either would be fantastic and none would not be a disaster if we acquit ourselves well.
May I wish all a Happy & Healthy New Year!

boomer! (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:24
Happy New Year F-F-F-Fez
(Sm128)

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:29
It was a cunning plan. We allowed Wuss the bonus point to get Oirish relegated so we can snap up Lewington!!

630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:52
Quote:
TonyTaff
It was a cunning plan. We allowed Wuss the bonus point to get Oirish relegated so we can snap up Lewington!!

That's positively Balrician! Would be a shame for Borislav though.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:39
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
TonyTaff

That's positively Balrician! Would be a shame for Borislav though.

It would but he's got lots of options with wrestling/acting/coaching to name a few if unfortunately Irish do go down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net