rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Sarries on Tour & SSA
ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 23:10
TMT I think you are missing the point. What unites us as Saracens fans is our desire for the team to do well. SoT has ultimately massively improved the support the players receive at away games, and that has undoubtedly has an impact on performance. Look at Exeter's away record and their away support, or most impressively the 200 Clermont fans who went nuts for 80mins on a cold Monday night at AP and the energy it gave their players.

The greater the away following and the noise levels the better.

BigBri (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:22
Quote:
saracen1971
Quote:
Coughie
Deeply distressing is the transformation of the originals, the FezBoys, from Libertaaay, Egalitaay, Fraternitaay, and of course Partaay, reduced to an elitist closed group rump:
FezBoys elite

A closed group of 51 no less.

In fairness that page was set up to allow photo sharing and to celebrate some lost members

Correct

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 17:54
Auditing would seem a little unneeded - I mean if they’re skimming if the top (they’re not) while still gathering massive discounts they would just have a great business model.

As said above, those who sponsored Callum(including me) wouldn’t really mind if the truly massive amount of time committed by the admins was rewarded with the gooodies but they’re generally checked around.

Fray also seems to find time for a truly staggering number of puns

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Matty Sarrie (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 20:14
Quote:
To Mega Therion
I have some questions for SoT.
- Who from the dozens of sponsors of Calum Clark gets the places in the 100 Club which come with player sponsorship? Or do those who run it get them? Are those who put in the money aware and willing? Are they offered in the first place?

- Likewise, some away clubs offer free tickets and/or hospitality places as rewards for purchasing above a certain number of tickets. Who gets those? Are they offered to those who purchase through SoT?

- If SoT is so inclusive and for all Saracens fans, why has SoT admin deemed it necessary to block some Saracens fans on its Twitter and Facebook accounts?

- How does SoT introduce itself to other clubs? Does it claim to be some official Saracens entity?

- Does SoT have any constitution, accounts (auditable by those who use it), or insurance?

Warwick Davis will throw Will Skelton over a 50ft wall before I give any money to them.

I'm not in any way affiliated with SoT, just answering your questions for you.

1- The sponsor benefits are all drawn out of a hat - and only given to people who contributed to the sponsorship in the first place.
2- I imagine see answer to 1.
3- I imagine they have their reasons, and it isn't really important.
4- I highly doubt it. They always make it plain they are entirely unofficial.
5- Why on Earth would they?

As has been said elsewhere, SSA largely do home games, and SoT away.

For me, what SoT have done is something the SSA should have been doing years ago. They have certainly given the SSA a kick up the ****, and also helped Sarries fans get to away games cheaply. We all know how expensive away tickets are, especially when added on to the cost of home games.

Lots of the criticism I see on here is nonsense, IMHO.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 15:53
Quote:
Matty Sarrie
Quote:
To Mega Therion
I have some questions for SoT.
- Who from the dozens of sponsors of Calum Clark gets the places in the 100 Club which come with player sponsorship? Or do those who run it get them? Are those who put in the money aware and willing? Are they offered in the first place?

- Likewise, some away clubs offer free tickets and/or hospitality places as rewards for purchasing above a certain number of tickets. Who gets those? Are they offered to those who purchase through SoT?

- If SoT is so inclusive and for all Saracens fans, why has SoT admin deemed it necessary to block some Saracens fans on its Twitter and Facebook accounts?

- How does SoT introduce itself to other clubs? Does it claim to be some official Saracens entity?

- Does SoT have any constitution, accounts (auditable by those who use it), or insurance?

Warwick Davis will throw Will Skelton over a 50ft wall before I give any money to them.

I'm not in any way affiliated with SoT, just answering your questions for you.

1- The sponsor benefits are all drawn out of a hat - and only given to people who contributed to the sponsorship in the first place.
2- I imagine see answer to 1.
3- I imagine they have their reasons, and it isn't really important.
4- I highly doubt it. They always make it plain they are entirely unofficial.
5- Why on Earth would they?

As has been said elsewhere, SSA largely do home games, and SoT away.

For me, what SoT have done is something the SSA should have been doing years ago. They have certainly given the SSA a kick up the ****, and also helped Sarries fans get to away games cheaply. We all know how expensive away tickets are, especially when added on to the cost of home games.

Lots of the criticism I see on here is nonsense, IMHO.

Well said ! (Sm153)

Graeme D (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 18:33
From the Saracens Supporters Association Facebook page.

⚫🔴The biggest challenge in the defence of our European crown sees us travel to the home of the Ospreys where frankly only a win will do! One thing we are learning is just how important our support is to the Team and how influential this can be on a matchday. With that in mind we have a very important job to do. We have seen how the vocal, passionate support from teams like Clermont and Munster plays its part and now more than ever we need to do the same.

We will be taken all our huge flags as well as distributing more flags on the day...with 100s of us travelling and the Ospreys fans being a little disillusioned by their team so far it’s a great chance for us to be loud and proud and roar the boys onto a win.

We are planning to meet the team as they arrive at the Liberty Stadium to set up that 'big game' feeling and will let you all know the timings as soon as we can. One thing is for sure from the 1st minute to the last we must be loud, passionate, supportive and truly the 16th man.

#proudtobe. #noisemakers. #SSSaracens

Graeme

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 15:28
As I'm sure of you are all aware that the SSA are gathering at the Riverside Bar (East Stand, Liberty Stadium) for a few pre-match drinks. The busses are planning to meet up with us around 17:30, before we all make our way around to the stadium main reception, for 17:45, to meet the squad bus (due to arrive around 18:00). We’ll be setting up a guard of honour with flags and confetti cannons to greet the team and cheer them on into the dressing room. We were told first hand exactly how much this means to the team and how it helps set the big game tone so playing our part is vital.

Let's take this early chance to show the team our support before roaring them on to victory. So bring your flags and voices.

Hope to see EVERYONE there regardless after all it's about the team..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net