rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Itoje/Williams & Billy.....
McSaracens (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:23
All potentially back for the Wasps game!

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Re: Itoje/Williams & Billy.....
F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:32
Bloody ell - where did that come from? I always worry about players being brought back from big injuries too soon. It would be a disaster if any of them suffered a recurring injury problem a la Manu who fortunately seems to have navigated his most recent return safely (he'll probably now get crocked at Sandy Park this pm)

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:32
McS, has this been expressed "officially"?

The Bard (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:45
You've got to look at the Ospreys game as our main focus. It would not be ideal to bring anyone straight back into that, although Michael Rhodes looked better than ever after 3 months out yesterday!

VR1997 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:56
Rugby Paper.

McCall expects big guns Maro iToje and Billy Vunipola to be fit for the Wasps game this Sunday, adding . "Maro could have played today, Billy is a contender and Liam Williams is close"

Also says that Quins are pushing deals through for Nick Auteric and Nathan Earle. Alex Lewington to come to Sarries.

Michael Rhodes is highly rated by Eddie Jones and would jump at the chance to play for England when he qualifies next summer.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:17
I really hope we can keep Earle.

RustySword (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:19
Quote:
Eurosarrie
McS, has this been expressed "officially"?

Was all on the 'fish a few days ago.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:42
I would hope Earle has the sense to believe he will first choice next season with Wyles potentially retiring, and I'd expect Ellery to move on, I would take Lewington but as stated on another thread not at the expense of Earle

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:19
As good as Earle is going forward he bounces off tackles and just doesn't defend the way we're used to seeing our backs defend. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him move on.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 21:22
Jim 55. What like Ashy and Goode? Defence is something he can work on.

Adey (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 22:24
Goode’s defence is pretty solid. With Ashton you know he’s weak defensively, but you get the pay off of him being a threat at all times. Do you get that with Earle? Nope.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 23:34
Ashy was a one-off but at his best was (is?) a good 5 or 6 years ahead of Earle. If Earle turns out to be half as good I'd be thrilled for him and the club if he stays.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 09:34
I know what we'd all like to see but I'm afraid I just can't see it happening, would love to be proved wrong, but!

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 15:39
Billy and Maro looked like they were playing a full part in today's England session, hopefully they weren't limited in any way and will therefore be fit for the weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net