rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TWICKERS HERE WE COME!

Latest: SARACENS 57:33 WASPS
Next SARACENS v EXETER CHIEFS
Sat 26th May 15.00, Twickenham (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport Saracens v Exeter Chiefs Aviva Premiership Final 26 May

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Owen voted best player in the World
AB (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 08:47
Wonderful news and Maro in top ten! (no other English player!)

[www.times-series.co.uk]

Re: Owen voted best player in the World
Rolls (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 09:33
Heard it on the radio yesterday but since there was no comments here or on the fish I assumed I had misheard! Congratulations to Faz and Maro, Billy V would have probably been there as well had not Eddie J not rushed him back - by his own admission - against Ireland. The awards are a fantastic tribute to both players and club.

MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:29
+1(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:43
Rolls - incorrect. Billy only played one and a bit games of international rugby last year plus about 3 months for Saracens so he was never likely to be included. Jones' comments are in relation to his performance rather than fitness (he played as sub against a poor Scotland a week earlier proving fitness wasn't an issue). Not selecting him against Ireland wouldn't have allowed him to play for the Lions or in the AIs or improved his performance for Sarries.

Rolls (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:07
Dolph - I thought I would probs be corrected, I was going by todayís Torygraph, I quote ď Vunipola played only one Test last season because of injury, and Jones admitted yesterday that he had been wrong to rush him back for the Grand Slam game against Ireland in March ď. I still think he would have made the top ten if fit, I hope we donít rush him back and break him again!

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:10
Super achievement, let's hope that runs off on the Res of the squad and we have a successful 2018!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:56
Fantastic achievement for Owen. Well done.(Sm152)

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 20:51
Needless to say, The Times devotes a minuscule paragraph (3 lines) at the end of another report to the achievement. One can't help feeling that, if it had been an English footballer who'd been voted best player in the world, there would have been several pages on that footballer.
However, it is a fantastic honour and well deserved IMO of course.

Innings (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:53
This poll is not the official IRB World Player of the Year. Barrett won that again.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Adey (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 23:14
Quote:
Innings
This poll is not the official IRB World Player of the Year. Barrett won that again.

Yep. Itís nice recognition but itís from a load of people sitting around a table in a pub looking to fill their magazine.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 14:55
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Innings

Yep. Itís nice recognition but itís from a load of people sitting around a table in a pub looking to fill their magazine.

Well if these people believe that Farrell is better than Barrett then I'm all for that,

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:05
I have to admit, I was somewhat surprised by this vote.

Faz is good, but...

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:55
Nice for someone other than a kiwi to win an award TT smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 09:43
Quote:
Innings

Didn't deserve too though.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:15
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Nice for someone other than a kiwi to win an award TT smiling smiley

(Sm22)

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

John Tee (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 17:38
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
Innings

Well if these people believe that Farrell is better than Barrett then I'm all for that,

Delusional would be the word for that.

bargepole (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 23:29
Best player in the world? Pish, he won't even be the best player wearing a no.10 shirt at the Ricoh tomorrow ...

[gets coat]

Wasps supporter and ex-player since 1964

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net