rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
£££EZZ

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

One word.... DISCIPLINE
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:40
That is all that needs to be said....

Re: One word.... DISCIPLINE
moo-moo (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:45
Agreed.

Bad day at the office so far for Farrell? Seems like it's getting to him. Are the conditions bad?

raedarius (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:45

Rolls (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:54
Could be tricky now with two in the bin, thought Schalks maybe unlucky, he seemed to go round the wrong player but I thought they were going to score anyway. Farrell made a bad mistake, possibly lucky to get away with a yellow.

07 January, 2018 16:55
Much better in the second half a super effort in those opening 7 minutes, well played Sarries, onto next week and another 5 points please

Vodka Graham (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 16:56
Pah!!

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

VR1997 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:08
moo-moo

Brilliant second half from Faz.Class is permanent.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:11
Mojo restored!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:41
We played with a passion today esp w/13 and I'm getting mighty pee'd off with this high tackle issue. Faz was a direct shot to head/chin BUT he didn't follow through and it was obvious that he recognised his error (could have been red otherwise). Too many cards/pens for so called seatbelt tackles - clunck click is all that springs to mind - now then;

ClunkClick

(Sm20)

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 22:12
Barnes never once went to the TMO.
Is that because the screen was so bad that maybe he couldn't see it properly.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 23:04
I thought WB had a pretty good game - not much I would challenge, even in 'real time'

JO'G (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 07:56
was also interested to hear he commented to a couple of players - looked like a knock-on so I gave it. Was also telling Wasps a few times - no use appealing, you pinned the player on the ground. Nice to see this easy penalty is being ignored by refs

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

08 January, 2018 16:31
Well Wayne Barnes is still by far one of the best referees in world Rugby, he sticks to his decisions rightly or wrongly and it's good to see more referees should follow suit, JP Doyle and Luke Pearce are also in that mold of sticking to their own decisions

Again thought he was spot on with the two yellows for both Faz and Burger (even though Faz apologized , In this day and age it's a clear cut yellow)

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:21
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
Well Wayne Barnes is still by far one of the best referees in world Rugby, he sticks to his decisions rightly or wrongly and it's good to see more referees should follow suit, JP Doyle and Luke Pearce are also in that mold of sticking to their own decisions
Again thought he was spot on with the two yellows for both Faz and Burger (even though Faz apologized , In this day and age it's a clear cut yellow)

Faz apologising - somebody has punched some diplomacy into the lad!!

AP (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 04:41
On the subject of discipline, the Quins board is pretty excited over Marler (and Sinckler).

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

StevenRobertson (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 07:35
Until relatively recently are used to be a reff but I donít think I understand the rules anymore. Case in point, how on Earth was Burgerís Yellowcard on Sunday even a penalty? The wasps guy drove from the maul and burger tackled him head on. that isnít entering the maul from the side and he was certainly not offside. I just donít get it at all. I realise I must be about the minority because no one in here is mentioned it and neither did the commentators Sunday.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:45
We didn't understand it either Steven but as you say nothing was said on here (the commentary team seemed to say it was right too) so thought it was something to do with the new laws. (Sm26)

AlanE (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 11:37
Quote:
StevenRobertson
The wasps guy drove from the maul and burger tackled him head on. that isnít entering the maul from the side and he was certainly not offside.

I would need to look at it again but WB said multiple times, 'Schalk you are offside.

IIRC he was bound on and then detached himself; shouldn't he at that point have retired behind the back foot (which I don't think he did)?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 13:36
I wondered about Burger's yellow and the penalty try too but when BT Sport replayed it you could see that he tackled the first player and then bounced very quickly to the ball carrier and stopped the try. One of the commentators, I think, can be heard saying "that's swimming down the side of the ruck".

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 13:57
It looked to me as if the mini-maul that Burger brought down had broken off from the main maul. Does the break-off, if it wasn't just my imagination, change anything? Is it the same maul or should it be classed as accidental offside by Wasps (the ball carrier was at the back of the pod)? Or should Burger, as the only Sarrie involved after the break-off be allowed to "tackle" the ball carrier?

To be clear, no axe to grind here. Just interested in how the laws work in the opinion of other posters. Clearly WB saw it as an offence so that is that - no complaints.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 14:16
I think AlanE has the nub of the point here - if the ref has already warned a player more than once that he is offside and he just ignores it, (however threatening the opposition scoring situation may be) then frankly whether he is swimming, floating, coasting, flying or flipping rollerblading down the side of the ruck, he deserves the yellow. As for Owen - its just very easy to criticise technique when you watch a tackle in slow motion. I actually think Owen has massively improved his tackling in the last couple of seasons but of course he now has a reputation for flinging his arms about. This was a yellow - but to his credit, his quick reaction in realising his mistake (and I genuinely believe that is all it was) saved him and Saracens from worse punishment.... But my beef of the match was for Gaskell, well - watching him trying to deliberately rile up Nick Isiekwe was pretty low. Smacked of desperation to me! I know Ben and Ugo thought it was funny, but I just thought it was pretty pathetic.....
Happy new year one and all and I see there is a new BarnetSarrie on the boards - please do note - BarnetSarrie12 is not me (or BS Junior either!)
BS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net