rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Away Support
maynas (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:50
At the Ricoh yesterday best performance on the pitch Iíve seen this season, beyond doubt. However I was also impressed with the noise rolling down the east stand as Sarries got on top. Lot of Sarries fans went and made a great difference. Wasps fans near me were very quiet in 2nd half, also good to see. Now we are getting sell outs at home hope we can all show our faces away more often.
Also is it my ears or is the Rocohís PA system the worst one in the league? I could hear absolutely nothing except occasional Aggie Aggie encouragements to the Wasps.

Re: Away Support
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:07
Thanks mynas... there were well over 110 SSA members together in the east doing our best to show the lads what it means to us

Wasps 3 years ago was where the block seating plan was born by Malcolm.. now SSA chairman so it was great to go back and witness that performance

You thought that was good... listen and look out for the 200 together in Swansea

And that tannoy... thank god there were no safety announcements

Graeme D (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:13
The Tannoy was hopeless - as Saracens1971 said a large group of SSA members made their voices heard above the Wasps fans.

Great atmosphere in the group and a brilliant result for the league - Roll on the next two weekends.

Graeme

McSaracens (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:34
Saracen1971 - is that 200 together via the SSA? Assuming Sarries On Tour could be taking the same number so circa 500 Sarries fans in Swansea?

ďI believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.Ē - Nils Mordt

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:38
It is yes... and I believe SoT have 100

Very important game great to see were out in force

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:44
A group of us were late bookers and ended up in front of about 150 SoT fans in the Higgs Charity stand, behind the goalposts. As has been said Sarries fans were noisy for long periods all round the ground. It was quite noticeable just how many us were in attendance.
A quite quite splendid day(Sm42)

berkoboy (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:53
How do the away fans buy their tickets . In the old days it was possible to buy a ticket via Saracens so the chances were I would be sitting close to other Sarries fans. Nowadays I have been directed to buy straight from the home clubs . Not a great problem - but it does usually mean registering an account and being dispersed as a solitary Sarrie amongst the home fans. Which can be great fun of course depending on the result.

primavesi (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:16
I could hear the support (again) on TV so well done to all those who went.

The away support really seems to have been re-energised recently. Between the SSA and SoT we are now regularly taking two large and well organised groups to away games and giving a lot of support. This was again mentioned by some of the players after the game yesterday so it does make a difference.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:50
I agree with Primavesi - the combination of both SSA and SoT organising tickets for away fixtures seems to be really building momentum. FOr years Sarries were rightly criticised for not being great fans for travelling - that is now changing in a really good way.

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:07
Me and my boy were sitting directly under the telly. Which seemed to have a really bad picture. The PA system was like having a really bad phone signal. We could hear the SSA lot at the other end of the ground as there wasn't a lot of noise coming from the home fans. Ha ha.
What a great day. Not impressed with the Ricoh at all to be remembered it being better then that from my last visit.

SSA Events (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:20
Quote:
berkoboy
How do the away fans buy their tickets . In the old days it was possible to buy a ticket via Saracens so the chances were I would be sitting close to other Sarries fans. Nowadays I have been directed to buy straight from the home clubs . Not a great problem - but it does usually mean registering an account and being dispersed as a solitary Sarrie amongst the home fans. Which can be great fun of course depending on the result.

Hi Berkoboy,

As a member of the SSA you would have access to our ticketing system which works as follows.

The SSA always discuss requirements with the ticket managers of host clubs directly and after careful consideration as to what our members would need in terms of volume. This helps manage expectations from both sides.
We aim for the best seats at a fair price. These are not always the cheapest but almost always benefit from reduced cost and concessions. Wasps for example offered us very cheap seats however we would have missed the first half with the sun in our eyes.
We then Email members to offer the seats as a priority, with payment made via paypal. Tickets are then distributed as soon as they arrive to us. Usually at the SSA trailer or at the first available match.
So far Alun and David have done a sterling job and have secured over 800 tickets at away games this season including Clermont. In addition we have 412 SSA members sat together in the London Stadium to help with atmosphere.
We are very keen to continue this service to our members and will offer this service to our members until we have 1000s travelling! we are after all volunteers with full time jobs and like to watch the games ourselves!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 16:10 by SSA Events.

maynas (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:26
Quote:
berkoboy
Iíve bought mine on line at Ricoh last 3 matches. Itís very easy to choose where to sit, and you can get a good seat reasonably cheaply at Ricoh and they do student and OAP discounts. We were just past the 10 meter line in East stand. Seat great.
Wish though they had more facilities, getting a drink of food impossible without 20+ mins queuing. They would sell a lot more if they increased the sale outlets maybe with pop up facilities like we have around the ground.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:42
Quote:
berkoboy

via the SSA or via SoT if you have a Facebook they sell tickets on their and pay via PayPal it's a great way to get fans together at away games and we are slowly becoming more prominent at away grounds

SSA Events (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:08
While on the subject of away support and the Ospreys game in particular, We have had confirmation from the club and supporters association today that all bars will be open from 5:15 pm and showing the Saints Clermont tie.

We will be gathering at the Riverside bar to watch and be welcomed by the Ospreys

We also plan to greet the team bus when they arrive, to show the lads we are there in full voice to support them,

So bring your drums your flags your voices and lets make a difference for this most important of games

Great work so far but this is only the beginning I feel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net