rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
£££EZZ

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Six weeks?!?!
Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 15:54
Towards the end of our slump, Small said it would take about 6 weeks to get back on track.

More like six days! Three straight wins (two of them away) culminating in, yesterday, our best performance of the season (bearing in mind that Pests are a much better side than Stains were when we gave the latter a whipping early-season).

Congratulations to all concerned, a quite staggering turnaround.

Now, how do we go about getting the Six Nations cancelled?

Re: Six weeks?!?!
F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:03
P44 - I never take the musings of those in charge at face value. There's usually a cunning plan behind it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:16
Quote:
F-F-F-FEZ
P44 - I never take the musings of those in charge at face value. There's usually a cunning plan behind it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

Haha! Plus crystal balls are notoriously unreliable!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 17:16
I actually think the saints games in the ECC and at HQ were better performances.

The two most important games are to come so lets see.

Great to win yesterday and it puts us up there but wasps were down to the ball boys playing by then end.

Win the next two by 4 tries and then that would be a turnaround.

The Bard (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:16
Indeed. Every game in Europe is effectively a knockout round now, so can not afford to think we are in the clear.

primavesi (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:48
I actually think the turnaround started in Clermont. We didn´t get the win but bounce back from the Monday massacre and stop them scoring a try showed real character and we have built from that ever since.

Re the champions cup, I agree we are not in the clear but I am a lot happier than a few weeks ago that Bilbao wont be a wasted trip! The good thing is that we just need 2 wins - no need to take risks going for bonus points. Just win the games and we are there. An away quarter final is also not such a bad thing as winning it means you should get a home country semi final.

SSA Events (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:04
I think he said judge this group in 6 weeks..

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:10
Primavesi, looking at the ECC tables we need at least a bonus point to be sure? We are not the only team on 13 points. Or have I got it wrong?

Toulon, Ulster Montpelier are already on 13 points in second and Racing are on the same points as us on 11 in second.

If the 5 group winners and the 3 best placed second placed teams go through we need bonus points and keep our fingers crossed to be sure?

primavesi (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 10:38
But those teams will be playing each other (1st v 2nd etc) so teams have to drop points.

Looking back at the previous 3 seasons that the competition has been running, the 8th seed team has had the following points.

16/17 - 16 points
15/16 - 19 points
14/15 - 17 points

Nobody has ever got 19 points and not qualified. I accept that there is a 1st time for everything, but I am pretty sure it would be enough.

That being said, we should really get a bonus point at home to saints in the last game, especially as they will probably put a weakened team out as they have nothing to play for.

Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 10:44
Quote:
primavesi
I actually think the turnaround started in Clermont. We didn´t get the win but bounce back from the Monday massacre and stop them scoring a try showed real character and we have built from that ever since.

Yes you are right, that was a very determined performance.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:15
I thought the thread title was expressing surprise and outrage at Marlers ban!

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 15:17
Quote:
Chris1850
I thought the thread title was expressing surprise and outrage at Marlers ban!

I think it would have been prefixed with "only" ;-)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 16:47
I actually thought someone was making that point and I’d read the thread already!

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

AP (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:47
Quote:
Squawker2
I actually thought someone was making that point and I’d read the thread already!

Me too!

Did Marler really get only six weeks? He'll be back for the second part of the 6 Nations - and our game against Quins! Outrageous!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:19
He knew better than to touch the biscuits!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

King Zak (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 22:04
I’m no fan of Marler but I do feel there’s a bit of the ‘Ashton’ syndrome in his ban - more because of who he is than what he actually did

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net