rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HANGING BY A THREAD!

Latest: OSPREYS 15:15 SARACENS
Next SARACENS
Sat 20th Jan 15.00, Allianz
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain't there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Northampton Saints
Sat 20th Jan 2018 BT Sport 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Our Schalla's Testimonial Dinner
BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 14:44
Afternoon one and all!
You may - or may not know - that our dear Mr Brits has been deemed more than worthy of a testimonial Dinner, as well as a separate event being organised by the SSA. (Testimonial Dinners are NOT organised by the club, but by a voluntary committee comprised of different individuals each time and are not necessarily annual events although we have obviously had one for the last couple of years). The main dinner for Schalk is being held on March 21st at the Brewery (as Neil's and Ernie and Jacques' were) and the theme is 'the boy who never grew up!' Once again, I appear to be involved in the organising!!!

The roll call of international superstar hookers - including our own present and past Jamie, John Smit, Christopher, Shane Byrne and Rafa Ibanez - also includes Keith Wood, Sean Fitzpatrick and Brian Moore. I honestly dont think we will see a lineup like this again! Gussie and Borthers are also coming along as are plenty of the current squad - Flats is hosting and there will be plenty of laughs and surprises!

If you would like details then as ever, please PM me. There are individual tickets available for season ticket holders at a discounted price, as before. You can buy up to 5.
Obviously tables are also available if you are feeling flush, at various rates.

I really hope many of you can make it - Schalla has always put the fans first and made time for us all. This is a way of saying a massive thank you and showing him (and Colinda) how much he will be missed.
BS

Re: Our Schalla's Testimonial Dinner
Coughie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 15:48
Wednesday March 21st in Lent!

Papal dispensation required to declare it a feast day.

smiling smiley

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 15:59
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
Afternoon one and all!
You may - or may not know - that our dear Mr Brits has been deemed more than worthy of a testimonial Dinner, as well as a separate event being organised by the SSA. (Testimonial Dinners are NOT organised by the club, but by a voluntary committee comprised of different individuals each time and are not necessarily annual events although we have obviously had one for the last couple of years). The main dinner for Schalk is being held on March 21st at the Brewery (as Neil's and Ernie and Jacques' were) and the theme is 'the boy who never grew up!' Once again, I appear to be involved in the organising!!!

The roll call of international superstar hookers - including our own present and past Jamie, John Smit, Christopher, Shane Byrne and Rafa Ibanez - also includes Keith Wood, Sean Fitzpatrick and Brian Moore. I honestly dont think we will see a lineup like this again! Gussie and Borthers are also coming along as are plenty of the current squad - Flats is hosting and there will be plenty of laughs and surprises!

If you would like details then as ever, please PM me. There are individual tickets available for season ticket holders at a discounted price, as before. You can buy up to 5.

I really hope many of you can make it - Schalla has always put the fans first and made time for us all. This is a way of saying a massive thank you and showing him (and Colinda) how much he will be missed.
BS

I hope Ibanez pays for his own ticket. He owes us a lot after doing the square root of eff all when he was here as a player. [:wor kid:]

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 17:11
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
Afternoon one and all!

BS

I hope Ibanez pays for his own ticket. He owes us a lot after doing the square root of eff all when he was here as a player. [:wor kid:]

Oooh - you are mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course he is giving his time - and his name in getting people to come and support Schalla .... so gets a pat on the back from me. (If I can reach, which is doubtful.) Seriously though - should also mention the beneficiary charities Schalla has chosen, which are Laureus (Sport for Good Foundation), MAD (Make a Difference Leadership Foundation) and of course our own very excellent Saracens Sport Foundation.

mr magoo (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 19:07
Hi

My wife and I may be interested in going to Schalla's testimonial dinner on 21st March. I am a season ticket holder. Could you please send me details of prices, location etc?

Many thanks

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 19:21
I think there could be 4/5 of us,.all season ticket holders,who may be interested too
Is it the brewery near the Barbican?

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 19:22 by Highbury Saracen.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 21:58
Indeed it is - it is the same venue we had the 678 dinner for Ernst and Jacques and Neil's last year. I will pm you with the details -
BS

09 January, 2018 22:31
Great ....then Iíll speak to the guys & see who wants to go

LutonS (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 23:33
Thanks for the e-mail information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 23:42 by LutonS.

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 06:26
Could you send me the details please.

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 06:26
Could you send me the details please.

sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 09:48
Please can you send me the details.

stevethecoach (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 10:02
I am interested in two tickets can you send details please. I am a season ticket holder.

RobB (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 10:32
Also two potential tickets for me as well. Thanks

SouthLondonSarrie (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 11:25
Hi,

Can you send me the details for the testimonial please? Thanks

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:51
Thanks to all for the interest - I think I have replied to everyone who has asked - if you havent heard from me, please just post here again! Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible for a big celebration with the wider Sarries Family!!!!!!!!!!

10 January, 2018 15:57
Dont think youíve sent me a PM yet BS!

Farmfez (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 16:12
Please let me know details

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 20:20
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Send me your details Highbury Saracen and I'll sort it. Also Mothers Maiden name and first pets name winking smiley

hemelfez (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:04
Can I please have the details too.

Thanks

10 January, 2018 22:09
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Send me your details Highbury Saracen and I'll sort it. Also Mothers Maiden name and first pets name winking smiley

Are you with the Inland Revenue?!
Got necessary info now .....cheers smiling smiley

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 23:57
Think I have PMd everyone now - really hope you can find the time and the sponduliks - all for several very good causes - including Schalla, who totally deserves it for the time he has devoted to all of us and the example he has set - Smiles all round! A lot of hard work is going into this evening - I just hope everyone there really ends up beaming too .... thank you all for your support.
BS

Lucysarrie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 06:34
Good morning 2 season ticket holders interested subject to cost etc thanks

JO'G (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:16
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
Afternoon one and all!

BS

He was on BT Sport and explained why he left us. Evidently Dimes dropped him in place of Matt Cairns. Then he knocked out Cairns in training and got his place back. Then rang LBD up

Then still did @#$%& all - but hey ho

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

11 January, 2018 13:10
Hi, as a Britts fan I'd love to attend with a few other season ticket holders, can you let me have a link or number to purchase tickets. PS what's the cost and discount so I can raid the kids piggybank. RWS

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 19:01
Thought it might be nice for everyone from the messageboard to sit together ... that way you can all put faces to usernames and I can also say hello!!!! Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest once again! Look forward to seeing you on what will definitely be one of those nights that puts a smile on your face .....
BS

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:42
BarnetSarrie, could you send me details as Mr VS & I would like to attend if possible?
Many thanks.

JamieP (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:32
Hi

Could you send me details as well please. I'm a s/t holder.

Thanks

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 23:17
Thanks again everyone - I am really blown away by just how many of you have PMd me or posted here - so will Schalla as I will be sure to pass this on. It really will mean a lot to him to know how well liked and respected he is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net