rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Calum Clark
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 09:56
A certain Frenchman has just got a three week ban for name calling. It is a very touchy subject so probably best not to argue about the rights and wrongs. I feel strongly about it but have to keep quiet.
Now what I want from you is an opinion of how long Calum, Dylan or Ash would have got for the same offence? Dyls got ten weeks for allegedly calling ref Barnes a cheat remember

Being a big admirer of Calum's game I wonder how Sarries fans now see him. Will you now develop him into an England player again? Or has his reputation prevented that from ever happening?

If you are ever feeling down, imagine being a Saints fan at the moment!

Re: Calum Clark
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 16:31
I guess Dylan's was slightly different, as he called a match Official. A F***ing cheat..but even so if you are going to be vile to another player or official you should get a minimum of 10 weeks in my opinion, it's just utterly disrespectful and that should not be tolerated in Rugby as one of its main core values is respect, so Dylan was rightly banned, I agree fully with your point if that had been Ashton you'd be talking about 12 weeks minimum, not sure what Clark would get, i believe Clark has settled in well and whilst some among us believe he is lucky to be playing however I feel he went away and and got his head together and has realised his errors in the past, personal opinion is he will only get better with Sarries with more game time

london pride (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 16:58
Marler got a two match ban plus a £20,000 fine for the Gypsy boy incident.
Marler has got a bit of previous.You just can't see any consistency in their sentences.

primavesi (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 08:42
I am sure previous disciplinary record is taken into account and I am not sure there is anything wrong with that to be honest.

All i“ll say on punishment lengths, and its a tricky toopic, is that the number one priority should be to make the game safe to play. I have seen a lot of people this week saying Bastareaud should have got a longer ban than Haskell. I am not sure I agree with that. Haskell“s "tackle" was extremely dangerous and could have caused serious harm to the long term health of Jamie Roberts. If rugby is to stay viable those incidents have to stop. You will never remove the risk from the game but you can certainly reduce it. Obviously verbal abuse can leave its own kind of permanent damage, and I dont want to down play what was a vile comment, I just think the priority needs to be making the game safer. Probably they both should have had longer bans.

daz_71 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 15:04
Quote:
london pride
Marler got a two match ban plus a £20,000 fine for the Gypsy boy incident.
Marler has got a bit of previous.You just can't see any consistency in their sentences.

I'm no apologist for Marler but I have a question over what he said to Samson Lee. Is the word Gypsy a derogatory term? What I mean is by Joe calling him a 'Gypsy Boy'is that any worse than someone calling Liam Williams 'Taffy Boy', etc. I know we are in a completely PC world now but was what Marler said that bad?

In terms of Basteraud I don't see how there can be any defence. It was clearly picked up by the microphones. Should definitely have been a longer ban. Ashy's biggest mistakes in the past have been not to plead guilty. That seems to instantly halve any sentence.

In terms of Hartley his comments were directed at match officials and was questioning their impartiality so I think his ban was jsutified.

Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:00
So can we have Calum back now please? None of you seem keen on him. COYS!

Huxley (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:02
Not a chance, thought he had his best game for us on Saturday!

JO'G (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:44
felt disappointed for him that he wasn't able to score a try on Saturday

22 January, 2018 16:12
I've always like him, and not just recently. He Was always an abrasive thorn-on-the-side of teams, including us.

I thought if he could get his head together, particularly on the discipline side of the game, then he'd be a really good signing.
He appears to be doing just that, and despite his poor previous reputation (particularly with Tigers fans - who don't much like Schalk Burger either), he's turning out to be a great signing.

So no. Sorry. You cannot have him back (but neither can Eddie - we need him).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net