rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sione Vailanu
VR1997 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 11:04
Now added to our Champions Cup squad.

Re: Sione Vailanu
Waldo (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 11:28
So we are hopeful of progressing then !

Roger G (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:31
Quote:
Waldo
So we are hopeful of progressing then !

Of course. In any case he's in the squad for Saturday.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 13:48
Really looking forward to seeing him. Hopefull of having another ball carrier to add to our backrow.

Huxley (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:17
Like the look of this guy, thought he had a great game. Excellent to have another ball carrier, especially with his pace and power.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:22
looked very impressive when he came on

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:28
If he can do what he did today against the likes of Leinster and Exeter And Clermont then he really will be a fantastic addition, looked good and enjoying his rugby what more can you ask for?

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:38
He made an excellent contribution today

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 19:11
Now that's what I call a debut. A try inside two minutes coming on in a European Champions Cup match!

Svenster (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:41
Looks like billy may have a bit of competition!

Huxley (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:53
I heard him described, before the game, as the love child of Billy and Jacko, which I thought seemed apt.

Also, did anyone else notice that he wasn’t wearing a gum shield? I could be wrong, but if he wasn’t then he’s clearly as hard as nails, or just nuts.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 09:17
That was a pretty useful start...

AP (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 10:10
Quote:
Huxley
Also, did anyone else notice that he wasn’t wearing a gum shield? I could be wrong, but if he wasn’t then he’s clearly as hard as nails, or just nuts.

Perhaps it has the wrong sponsor's logo on it and he didn't have a spare!

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 13:50
Very exciting debut. At the very least looks like an extremely useful impact player and had everyone around me buzzing. Going to be interesting to see how he does, presumably from the off, against Exeter and Newcastle

TrustmeI'mLebanese (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 13:34
Sione will continue to surprise many people as you see more of him. He'll play for 80 minutes with the same vigour from start to finish. I've watched his games for the last 5 years and know exactly what he is capable of. All of you will now have the joy of what I have been watching for the last 5 years. Trust me, I'm Lebanese.

Static (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 13:45
Best sights from the game for me, that I saw on TV, was just how excited everyone was when Sione scored and how excited the bench (especially Will Skelton) when we scored the bonus point try. Really brought home to me how much they are a group that enjoy each others company and making "memories". To see new guys absorbed so quickly is great to see.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 13:56
Agree Static and we had a similar reaction when Liam scored his first try (also on debut I think)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2018 15:05 by OldMarovian.

mfc (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:45
I was sitting in front of his family. They’ve sat there for the past couple of months without really saying much. Just as Sione stepped on the pitch his mother mentioned who she was. Then was dancing in the aisle a couple of minutes later.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:50
First time I have laughed aloud at a sequence of play for quite a while. Pity anyone who has to stop him!

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

JO'G (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:57
evidently good quote from Ugo

one carry, one try; pretty good stats

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net