rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sup for Saints
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 11:55
15 Alex Goode (250)

14 Liam Williams (8)

13 Marcelo Bosch (110)

12 Brad Barritt (210)

11 Chris Wyles (242)

10 Owen Farrell (166)

9 Richard Wigglesworth (201)

1 Mako Vunipola (135)

2 Jamie George (187)

3 Vincent Koch (33)

4 Nick Isiekwe (22)

5 George Kruis (150)

6 Maro Itoje (86)

7 Calum Clark (14)

8 Schalk Burger (41)

16 Christopher Tolofua (14)

17 Hayden Thompson-Stringer (18)

18 Juan Figallo (76)

19 Will Skelton (19)

20 Sione Vailanu (0)

21 Ben Spencer (119)

22 Alex Lozowski (47)

23 Sean Maitland (33)

Re: Sup for Saints
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 11:56
Saints team......

15 Ben Foden
14 Ken Pisi
13 Rob Horne
12 Tom Stephenson
11 Nafi Tuitavake
10 Harry Mallinder
9 Cobus Reinach

1 Campese Maafu
2 Dylan Hartley (capt)
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Michael Paterson
5 Christian Day
6 Courtney Lawes
7 Jamie Gibson
8 Mitch Eadie

Replacements:
16 Reece Marshall
17 Francois van Wyk
18 Paul Hill
19 David Ribbans
20 Lewis Ludlam
21 Alex Mitchell
22 Stephen Myler
23 George North

Essex-Sarrie (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:02
Some proper game changers on the bench.

Would have liked to see Earle start over Wyles for this one, no disrespect to Chris but I'm sure fresh off the back off an England call up Earle would be keen to impress.

Rubz (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:06
Quote:
Essex-Sarrie
Would have liked to see Earle start over Wyles for this one, no disrespect to Chris but I'm sure fresh off the back off an England call up Earle would be keen to impress.

If I got a call up to play for Saracens I'd also be keen to impress, like Earle. However, also like Earle, I still wouldn't be as good as Wyles...

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:10
The only one I would change ins give Marcello a rest and would have put Nick T in instead. We need to break the line and cause them issues in midfield.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:11
Disappointed Ben
Spencer isnt starting as 5pts is a must to progress,however understand us being conservative with some big players missing
PS just noticed Thompson-Stringer in 23!!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 12:16 by Highbury Saracen.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Essex-Sarrie

Unfortunately I'm inclined to read into his non-inclusion rather more than that. This has all the hall marks of someone who is off to new pastures. 2+2= ?? and all that, but I'm afraid this is the writing on the wall. I would also have liked to see Nathan start this one.

Also very disappointed not to see Spenno start this one. Seems a slightly conservative selection given the mood after last week; I would have started Loz as well.

No excuses for anything other than a highly entertaining game with both sides with nothing to lose.

Also very excited to see Sione Vailanu - he looks like a very BIG prospect!

Big shout out to Alex Goode for 250appearances! That is quite an achievement!

primavesi (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 12:32
Decent looking team. I would also have started Spencer on form but we have run in plenty of tries with Wiggy at 9 in the past so doesnt worry me greatly.

Points difference could be huge with Bath playing in Italy so we really need to play for 80 minutes in this one. Cant afford to take our foot off the gas once (if) we secure a bonus point.

Congratulations Alex. A club legend.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 13:46
Well done to Goode as other have said above. Great servant to the club and one of few for whom Englands (self-imposed) loss is very much our gain.

Overall a good looking 23. Great to see Williams again before we lose him to Wales for a bit. Who knows we may even pass the ball to him! Really pleased to see HT-S on the bench and also intrigued to see how Vailanu goes if he gets a run.

As some other have mentioned for a game we have to win and with a TBP there are some pretty conservative selections there, Bosch again? sheesh. Maitland still makes the 23 ... Tompkins will be off next if not injured.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 13:58
I echo all the above -

Our backline as usual looks very slow (except Sanjay). I would also have played Spenno with Loz at 13.

NT also needs to start playing otherwise he will leave. I've never understood the reticence to play him. He has never let us down, even when stepping in in some big games against sides with enormous centres (e.g. vs Toulon at home last year).

Rupes (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:32
Our team isn't the interesting one - Toulon are going for power down at Scarlets. Their number 23 is named as Samu Manoa, not sure he's going to cover fly half is he?! If Scarlets can get the ball, then a 4-0 match point scoreline wouldn't surprise me. Then who knows where we all end up...(Dublin, probably, but you get the point)

primavesi (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:48
Glasgow team up.. Good news for us is they seem to be taking the game very seriously. 4 internationals back for them. Wont be easy for chiefs.

15. Stuart Hogg (102) (32)

14. Tommy Seymour (110) (30)

13. Huw Jones (5) (2)

12. Alex Dunbar (107) (25)

11. Leonardo Sarto (17) (10)

10. Finn Russell (75) (23)

9. George Horne (13) (3)

1. Jamie Bhatti (21) (5)

2. George Turner (13) (4)

3. Siua Halanukonuka (8) (3)

4. Rob Harley (174) (36)

5. Jonny Gray (82) (25) CAPTAIN

6. Matt Fagerson (17) (2)

7. Matt Smith (13) (3)

8. Adam Ashe (49) (9)

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:55
That Glasgow pack looks fairly green. If they can't provide front football for their excellent backs it could be a painful game for them much like the one against us last season.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 15:19
Nathans signing for Quins now official. Really disappointed.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 15:25
Come on you Sarries, all hope is not gone just yet, it's a shame about Earle but still best wishes to a successful future for him time to focus on getting that Bonus point win please !

JO'G (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 17:00
I do get a funny feeling that we will end up in Dublin

The Bard (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 17:27
Id settle for that! Heck of a lot got to happen before that, beating a resurgent saints by no means the least of them!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 01:35
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Essex-Sarrie

Unfortunately I'm inclined to read into his non-inclusion rather more than that. This has all the hall marks of someone who is off to new pastures. 2+2= ?? and all that, but I'm afraid this is the writing on the wall. I would also have liked to see Nathan start this one.

Bollox. Note to self - do not put 2 and 2 together angry smiley

maynas (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 10:24
I get a bit worried we are treating Spencer and Tompkins the same as Earle re game time. This match cries out for pace - no wind today, rain to stop soon, our pitch and the forwards performance lately. Cries out for running rugby from the backs to get 4 tries. Hope Im not fearing shadows but feels to me we will concentrate on the league this year, or rather the plays offs given our shortage of players the next few weeks (see Exeter thread)

Huxley (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 14:55
Williams and Figallo out of this afternoon. Earle and Longbottom come on to the bench, Maitland starts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net