rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

QF tickets
vap (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 10:57
QF tickets are now on sale to the general public from Leinster, via Ticketmaster; but Leinster have apparently not yet given us our allocation, and our club have not given us any update since the initial announcement on 25th January. It's not that I don't think we will get an allocation, or that I think it might not be enough for everyone who wants to travel. It's just that having booked non refundable flights and hotels for 4 people I like to get everything tied up asap: including tickets for the actual game!
I think EPCR should have a simple rule requiring home clubs to sort out the away team allocations before tickets go on general sale.

Re: QF tickets
Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:03
if you are that concerned about the Saracens allocation and wanting to get your whole trip finalised why not order directly through leinster?

They have a good range of ticket prices available across the ground

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:18
I agree with you; bad form to put tickets in general sale before the away club have their allocation all sorted

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:18
Completely agree VAP, they did this to us (Leicester) years ago when we drew them in the Quarters, we took thousands but you wouldn't know it with the official allocation up in the Gods and everyone else spread round. Don't expect EPRC to give any kind of complaint the time of day though.

RustySword (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:13
I too like to get it all tied up, so purchased through Ticketshyster. Good seats too.

nicsue (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:32
Waiting to get shot at, but - Sarries on Tour have an allocation on sale.

vap (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:55
I bought mine direct too, before I originally posted, so it sounds like I might be right next to you Rusty Sword. Pretty bad if Sarries on Tour have organised a block of seats before either the SSA or the club, for its season ticket holders!

The worst example I have seen of the home club lacking the right spirit is Thomond Park, where they try to sell them only in pairs to away supporters, so we can't make any collective noise, or complain when they pretend to ask for quiet before our kicks at goal, and then shout out anyway. Interesting to see if Sarries on Tour have any more luck next time we draw Munster. Contrast with Clermont where they give us a few blocks of seats together, and some in very good places indeed; and they wouldn't struggle to sell those to home fans. So maybe it's an Irish club thing. That is why I think it has to be the competition organisers that sort it out: If the home team doesn't want to act in the right way, then make them.

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:01
To clarify.

In an attempt to ensure all sarries fans sit as close as possible the SSA have decided to help the club with the allocation and sit together in our given blocks. We will take some of the 25% we as a club are entitled to and have circa 250 waiting to confirm details.
We are in the hands of the home side sadly..

SoT decided to go direct to Leinster which is their choice. As they have often stated they are unofficial and unaffiliated and happy to do their own thing.

The SSA as the official association decided to support the club. Quite frankly I'm more concerned about finding a pilot than a ticket.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:26
I understand that the allocation from Leinster is a pile of cr@p and a bit of a stitch up as to seats... poor form if true...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:02
Yup.. not great. Make the whole lower bowl 1 category then you hand the opposition the corners..

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:26
Tickets are now available for STH....

The Bard (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 19:50
Got ours in block 315 @£54 each, looks the best value of a bad bunch...

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 19:53
You’re behind posts then,we are same mid level in 322 with SSA allocation

European champions 2016 & 2017

primavesi (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:41
So everyone has all the info, the SoT allocation is in block 314. 54 Euros. That is the middle tier at one end.

Not sure how many they have left as I think they only had a few hundred to start with.

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:08
what happened to the 25% of all tickets in all price brackets that's part of the Cup regulations for pool matches and 1/4 finals

Gryff (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:22
What happened was partially Irish nouse they, for example priced all the side seats the same 60 lower and 70 middle this enabled them to gve Sarries so called premium seats in the ends of the stands.

The other part is whilst 25% is available the Club is encouraged to be realistic by EPRc and not allowed to ask for 10K easts if they think they'll only shift 2k. So say Sarries ask for 3K then these are split between the price bands

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:55
Quote:
vap
I bought mine direct too, before I originally posted, so it sounds like I might be right next to you Rusty Sword. Pretty bad if Sarries on Tour have organised a block of seats before either the SSA or the club, for its season ticket holders!
The worst example I have seen of the home club lacking the right spirit is Thomond Park, where they try to sell them only in pairs to away supporters, so we can't make any collective noise, or complain when they pretend to ask for quiet before our kicks at goal, and then shout out anyway. Interesting to see if Sarries on Tour have any more luck next time we draw Munster. Contrast with Clermont where they give us a few blocks of seats together, and some in very good places indeed; and they wouldn't struggle to sell those to home fans. So maybe it's an Irish club thing. That is why I think it has to be the competition organisers that sort it out: If the home team doesn't want to act in the right way, then make them.

The Munster thing may be a response to the tannoy drowning out the fields of athenry at VR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net