rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PROFESSEUR BARRITT'S FRENCH LESSON

Latest: SARACENS 29:10 LYON OU
Next: Saracens v Leicester Tigers Sat 27th Oct, 15.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers, Sat 27th Oct 15.00 BT Sport 3

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Dave Seymour
VR1997 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:47
Has retired from rugby union to take up business interests.

He will also become an Ambassador for Sale Sharks keeping his close links with the club.

He played 196 games for them.

Will be remembered for your wholehearted performances for Sarries.

Good Luck Dave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 11:50 by VR1997.

Re: Dave Seymour
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:51
Good luck in the future to him... always a favourite player of mine.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 13:16 by 1876-Fez.

JO'G (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:25
I think the emergence of the Curries did for him

He did an excellent podcast with the Rugby Dungeon - where he talked about his time at Sarries - and his coffee business

One of my favourite players and I think we did a bad bit of business choosing Andy Saull over him - even though it seemed the best option at the time

Waldo (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:29
What is it with Rugby Players & coffee ?

Him and Brad should have a grind off ! (Sm151)

Innings (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:03
A model professional. Never gave less than his best, always committed, never let anyone down. Then he woke up and smelled the coffee.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:05
Quote:
Waldo
What is it with Rugby Players & coffee ?
Him and Brad should have a grind off ! (Sm151)

Aren’t they on grindr!! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Innings (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:14
I always imagined Grindr to be a very dodgy social app to meet people with activity interests that are a little outside the norm of human interaction.

Innings

06 February, 2018 13:41
I use to find Highbury in the Bridge Tavern (Sm14)

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

Waldo (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:11
Mr Seymour gives a nice nod to Saracens in his leaving statement on the Sharks fish announcement .

"I'd like to thank Nigel Wray and everyone at Saracens for giving a lad from Chinnor a shot and to the fans who embraced the top-knot hair style!

King Zak (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:24
Oh dear, my good lady will be devastated to hear this news!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

nicsue (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:33
Quote:
Waldo
Mr Seymour gives a nice nod to Saracens in his leaving statement on the Sharks fish announcement .
"I'd like to thank Nigel Wray and everyone at Saracens for giving a lad from Chinnor a shot and to the fans who embraced the top-knot hair style!

This was about the time I started following rugby, so I thought such hairstyles were the norm winking smiley

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:36
What ever happened to Kat(?) - his most ardent supporter?

nicsue (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 18:13
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
What ever happened to Kat(?) - his most ardent supporter?

Alive and well on Facebook.

06 February, 2018 20:03
Pineapple Head, The Ches, and HRHRH. A back row of legends.

Definitely one of my daughters favourite players, and I'm sure we all wish him well in his retirement.

AP (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 20:12
When he first started playing for us, the opposition fans would chant "My Little Pony" but by the end of the game were saying they'd e pleased to have him on their side.

I think he was the first Saracens fans sponsored player (the club scheme) - I still have the polo shirt.

I think Andy Saull was edging him but injuries didn't help Andy. Dave stagnated when we were in the doldrums and moving to Sale fired him up. It was always a pleasure to see him play - as an equal to Dan Braid.

In a parallel universe ...

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

higgy365 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 06:26
One of those wholeheartedly committed players every successful team needs. Almost unrecognisable when he cut the top knot off.
Good luck to him in post sport life.

Ps- off topic but I find this casual homophobia a bit unbecoming:

Quote:
Innings
I always imagined Grindr to be a very dodgy social app to meet people with activity interests that are a little outside the norm of human interaction.

RustySword (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:50
Not sure Innings was being homophobic. It wasn't him who brought Grindr into the discussion and possibly he feels that users of Tinder are equally a little outside the norm. Meeting strangers (of any gender/orientation) for a casual recreational @#$%& is indeed outside the norm for those of us of a certain age (more's the pity some might say!).

At least, such is my understanding of the purpose of Tinder and Grindr, not that I've ever so much as glanced at either (honest!)

P.S. the word that has been obscured above is not what you think, it's actually the name of a large fish-eating sea bird. Rather than changing it to a different word I'll leave it as-is as a monument to the idiocy of censorship.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 08:41 by RustySword.

Innings (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:09
Assuming that higgy365 has no axe to grind, despite the usual modern meaning of his self-chosen user-name Higgy, in what part of my post did I suggest any activity that indicates homophobia? For all he knows about me, I admit that I have been parading my deeply held views about people who use social media to exchange photos of steam engines and boast about their holiday snaps.

Innings

RobB (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:42
Quote:
RustySword

P.S. the word that has been obscured above is not what you think, it's actually the name of a large fish-eating sea bird. Rather than changing it to a different word I'll leave it as-is as a monument to the idiocy of censorship.

Pelican?

RustySword (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:48
Quote:
RobB
Quote:
RustySword

Pelican?

Don't be daft. I was of course referring to people meeting strangers for a casual recreational albatross.

TOKS (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:17
Quote:
higgy365
One of those wholeheartedly committed players every successful team needs. Almost unrecognisable when he cut the top knot off.
Good luck to him in post sport life.

Ps- off topic but I find this casual homophobia a bit unbecoming:

Quote:
Innings

Such is the joy of t'internet, and message-boards in particular, there will always be the special few who cruise about looking for a reason to be offended. If you look hard enough you'll always find one. And that seems to keep them happy.

Ooh, I've said "cruise", isn't that on the verboten list as well?

Popping behind the bike sheds for a quick cormorant was always a favourite of mine.

TOKS (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:20
Actually I've let Mary Whitehouse's relative drag me off topic!

Back in the very early days of Mr Seymour he could often be found having a quiet diet coke at the end of Harry's Bar under the South Stand. We used to chat to him there and a very nice, and somewhat shy, fellow he was. He developed into a fine player for us and Sale.

Waldo (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:45
Quote:
RustySword
Quote:
RobB
Quote:
RustySword

Pelican?

Don't be daft. I was of course referring to people meeting strangers for a casual recreational albatross.

Stormy Petrel on a stick ?

07 February, 2018 11:08
You might get Casually recreationally Bonxied. That’ll Get you puffin. Of course, if you getting paid for it you might have to Raise a bill.

"Darkness washed over the Dude - Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 11:23 by Vodka Graham.

Innings (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:27
I see that people are trying a tactic of robbin' this thread of its original purpose and we shouldn't swallow that. If writers on this thread imply that some of us leave the pub early after a swift nightjar, to get up to woodlarks involving being goosed by a moustachioed warbler or meeting a bit of ruff, that is nothing more than their grouse that they are missing out.

Innings

higgy365 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:20
You make a fair point re Tinder /Grindr RustySword, though that’s still not how I read Innings post.

Sorry Innings, my username stems from my IRL surname, whatever else you might like to try to insinuate. When you respond to a humorous harmless reference to Grindr, an app specifically for LGBT people, with language like ‘very dodgy’ and ‘outside the norm’ then, yeah, I call that homophobic.

Won’t apologise for calling it out where I see it either.

Innings (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:32
As this started as a light-hearted joke about people who make coffee for a living, I think it's all got very stupidly precious. And Higgy, don't bother to reply, you've made your point.

Innings

TimH (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:09
Anyway (gazes down thread and almost loses will to live)... always think you need a backrower with BIG HAIR. Dave mastered the look.

Stuck out like a sore thumb to the referee, but put the fear of life into trembling 10s as he came baring down on them.

Best of luck to the guy. He was a bright spot as we struggled in 'Watford Wilderness Years' and it's a shame he never sampled trophy glory with Sarries.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:25
No more shouts of SEEEEEEMOOOUUURRR! When we see him at AZP with Sale.

He was a great player for us when we tossed a coin to see which Sarries came out to play.

All the very best

Innings (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 18:55
Where Seymour first took the hair, it reached perfection in a later back row version. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see again the like of Jacques.

Innings

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 19:13
I fail to understand why a form of rough tobacco might catch fish.

As for backrow hairstyles, I raise you Rives!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 11:35
Good luck to him from a Falcons fan. Always put himself about and emptied the tank whenever I saw him play whether with Sale or you guys. He's had a good career and finishes in one piece.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net