rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Naughty wasps!!
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 19:23
Apparently Wasps have overspent on the salary cap by £40k according to quins board!
One to bank for later! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Re: Naughty wasps!!
viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 20:10
Report says considered nothing untoward, accounting error. Fine imposed at 50 pence per pound overspend so a little over £20k

08 February, 2018 20:15
I know its not major but its still quite amusing! smiling smiley

Hang on a moment
mfc (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 21:01
Shirely we should be castigated for this, I’m sure they didn’t mean to over spend, which is obviously our fault

ninjafez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 21:46
lets not smear ourselves in jam and honey folks or we could attract a swarm if we are not careful.....

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 08:16
Clearly they should be fined 50 match points, excoriated on the pillar of public opinion and any contrary facts ignored?

(Sorry ninja, you’re quite right, but I couldn’t resist)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 08:45
I really do wonder if all the hoo-haa when we allegedly transgressed might have been because we were threatened with a points deduction for a relatively minor and accidental overspend as a result of international call ups and win bonuses etc. If that was the case I could understand the invocation of legal services, which resulted in us paying a fine (or "financial settlement" if you like) in line with the rising scale of penalty that's now in place (but wasn't formally at that time). Of course we'll probably never know, and the "experts" on these boards will continue to be convinced that we spent (and continue to spend) millions over the cap.

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 08:59
Quote:
Roger G
I really do wonder if all the hoo-haa when we allegedly transgressed might have been because we were threatened with a points deduction for a relatively minor and accidental overspend as a result of international call ups and win bonuses etc. If that was the case I could understand the invocation of legal services, which resulted in us paying a fine (or "financial settlement" if you like) in line with the rising scale of penalty that's now in place (but wasn't formally at that time). Of course we'll probably never know, and the "experts" on these boards will continue to be convinced that we spent (and continue to spend) millions over the cap.

Its documented that our alleged 'overspend' was due to the definition of commercial benefits and that in the last re-definition those commercial benefits were confirmed as outside the cap.

london pride (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 09:39
Its documented that our alleged 'overspend' was due to the definition of commercial benefits and that in the last re-definition those commercial benefits were confirmed as outside the cap.[/quote]

A pity then that some of the so called experts on other message boards choose to ignore this.Sarries are still accused of everything from paying players in unaccountable South African bank accounts (I would have thought that a very unsafe place to leave my tax free millions) to paying them in property. Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good old fashioned rumour.

RustySword (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 10:08
Quote:
JO'G
Its documented that our alleged 'overspend' was due to the definition of commercial benefits and that in the last re-definition those commercial benefits were confirmed as outside the cap.

Documented where?

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 11:01
I can't remember now, but Ed Griffiths responded in a newspaper article - responding to Brian Moores comments

it was also confirmed in the PRC changes made to the salary cap (in 2017) that the discrepancy areas were now resolved

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 11:02 by JO'G .

ninjafez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:24
I assume it had to do with player Education and vocation development some clubs may have though that it was unfair recruitment tool, other clubs dont really do too much for that.

unless someone can correct me i cant remember this rule coming in until after the new agreement with the Tax.... and of course overspend on player bonuses on the 2014 season

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:53
The commercial benefits and the Vocational development were effectively the same thing

Think Wolfpack Lager

ukms (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 14:07
Quote:
RustySword
Quote:
JO'G

Documented where?

Documented on this board winking smiley

TimH (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:56
The only thing that ever surprises me about these kinds of stories is the naivety of fans from other clubs who seriously believed their beloved teams didn't also sail dubiously close to suspicion on the cap front.

09 February, 2018 16:21
We are not at all naive about it but we have had to put up with lots of self righteous people supposedly ‘in the know’ commenting on salary cap breaches for years
This announcement makes those comments somewhat ironic....thats all smiling smiley

ukms (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:38
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
We are not at all naive about it but we have had to put up with lots of self righteous people supposedly ‘in the know’ commenting on salary cap breaches for years
This announcement makes those comments somewhat ironic....thats all smiling smiley

Completely agree .... plenty of self righteous who know f$€k all about business or finance smiling smiley

RustySword (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:04
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
RustySword
Quote:
JO'G

Documented where?

Documented on this board winking smiley

Fair play, that's sharp!

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:27
Bzzzzzzzz swarming.....

Good craic on these boards!

22 February, 2018 09:11
Pests fined again for fielding double the amount of loan players allowed in AW versus London Irish!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2018 09:12 by Highbury Saracen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net