rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PROFESSEUR BARRITT'S FRENCH LESSON

Latest: SARACENS 29:10 LYON OU
Next: Saracens v Leicester Tigers Sat 27th Oct, 15.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers, Sat 27th Oct 15.00 BT Sport 3

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

How is that not a penalty try?
RustySword (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:44
Less that 2 metres out, maul motoring, try line at its mercy, pulled down.

Re: How is that not a penalty try?
Rolls (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:32
Twice!

AB (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:43
made up for first dubious penalty try?

RustySword (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:20
Quote:
Rolls
Twice!

First one wasn't clear-cut, second was nailed on.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:22
I'm happy. Any win during the 6N is a relief as far as I'm concerned. Although I thought there were ultimately opportunities to have come away with a TBP left out there it was a solid win.

Only hope is that Koch was not seriously injured. On the upside Vincent did seem to walk off the pitch without too much difficulty.

The Bard (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:26
Could be a worry, but I guess we have Longbottom to come in and he has looked useful this season.
Far from convinced by the penalty try, probably a penalty but they had a covering player.
Was Skelton injured? He came off a lot earlier than I would have expected

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:13
According to the BBC Earl replaced Liam - is that correct?

CT (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:21
Earle did.

Neville (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:33
I have to say that I thought the Liam incident was as clear a pen try as the pulled down maul that was going over in the last minute

You can't expect e Ref to give the latter.

Not sure why but you just don't get them given, unless it happens 3 times!! Seems too be a magic number

But I don't care. I told an American friend this am how many players we were missing and why and she didn't believe me. To get a win against an in form Newcastle with so many missing was fantastic.

My son went to see England. I went to see Sarries and was richly rewarded. Great result

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:33
I thought Isiekwe and Goode were outstanding. Nick ruined Budgies' lineout and showed endless energy around the park. Alex imperious under the high ball (as was that Mr Brown) made some great breaks and kicked beautifully. Praise for Juan too - major contributions in the loose and key part of a dominant scrum that for one reason or another wasn't fully rewarded. 4 very welcome points, we consistently won the gain line collisions. Another good game from Wray - I'll excuse his poor control at the base - blame their offside flankers!

I'm with others - the non try(s) at the end perhaps made up for the very very (very) soft one earlier. Hodgson was good for Newcastle.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 23:05
It's rare that the second or even third offence are given. I thought young Mr Ridley had an excellent game. Probably the best communication and clearest instructions I have heard by a referee for quite a while. I think he's got a bright future.

AP (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 20:33
I rarely criticise referees but I thought he was looking cold, tired and uninterested by the end and blowing (or not) accordingly!

But then I was getting cold, tired and uninterested too after a scoreless 35 minutes of the second half. That we got just one try and not the bonus point one in the last five minutes didn't improve my feelings either!

Yes, good win, but we could and should have nailed the fifth point.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net