rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

England Forwards
VR1997 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 12:07
Eddie has a 2 day scrum training camp with Georgia coming over to put them to the test. I believe it's Wednesday/Thursday.

Doubtful whether we will get Jamie, George or Nick back for the Sale game on Friday.

Re: England Forwards
The Bard (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 15:42
We desperately need Nick back as he is one of only 2 fit locks according to MMC

primavesi (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 16:11
Georgia have a game at the weekend so I do not think this rules anyone out of playing.

I am sure Nick and George will be back. Jamie id say is less certain.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 16:17
Isiekwe was with Saracens this morning so might mean that Eddie is just keeping the 23 (or thereabouts) in camp this week.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:16
Nope...
32 for this weeks training.....6 of ours!

Backs

Full backs

Mike Brown (Harlequins), Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins)*, Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby).

Inside backs

Danny Care (Harlequins), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Marcus Smith (Harlequins)*, Ben Teo (Worcester Warriors), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens).

Forwards

Back five

Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), James Haskell (Wasps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby), Sam Moore (Sale Sharks)*, Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby).

Front row

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs).

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

GerryK (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:48
Surprised Kruis is not retained and Ewewls brought in instead.

JO'G (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:11
George hasn't been right since the lions drop

Send him back to us for the rest of the season and he can play himself back into form

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:24
We also get Nathan back. Perhaps we should play him at Sale, while offering to rest Liam (if that's what Gets wants) in return for a promise that Wales won't pressurise Liam to play in the 4th AI that clashes with a Premium fixture.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:30
Quote:
TonyTaff
We also get Nathan back. Perhaps we should play him at Sale, while offering to rest Liam (if that's what Gets wants) in return for a promise that Wales won't pressurise Liam to play in the 4th AI that clashes with a Premium fixture.

I think we should play Liam this week and in a fortnight (and Maitland). I don't believe he was going to play the 4th AI last year even before the injury so hopefully we haven't agreed to that in future saving us a hefty fine

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:37
Quote:
Dolph42
Quote:
TonyTaff

I think we should play Liam this week and in a fortnight (and Maitland). I don't believe he was going to play the 4th AI last year even before the injury so hopefully we haven't agreed to that in future saving us a hefty fine

I am fairly sure that we haven't signed a naughty contract either, but the WRU has a strong lever if they were to threaten to leave Liam stranded short of 60 caps.

My thoughts were that, given the 'luxury' of having Nathan back, we can take the opportunity of liaising with the WRU in order to develop cordial relations. Gats might well say, "I'd prefer that he plays on Friday, but don't overwork him". A request which we could accommodate without much hassle.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:08
Nick Isiekwe was definitely released back to Saracens.

Sam Moore and Denny Solomona were both released back to Sale.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net